Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Any of you covid concerned folks drink alcohol?

Uh oh...Excessive alcohol use is responsible for about 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost in the United States each year.

Unless you're a non drinker (like me) you're putting yourself and others at risk. Shame.

Hey hey .. I only put myself at risk thank you . Well NGV when she’s on the ceiling fan and I turn it up too fast .

Any of you covid concerned folks drink alcohol?

Uh oh...Excessive alcohol use is responsible for about 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost in the United States each year.

Unless you're a non drinker (like me) you're putting yourself and others at risk. Shame.

What about folks who like drive places? They also put themselves and others by getting in their cars. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Reactions: McDad
You can’t claim pro-life and be:

For capital punishment
Against abortion
Be okay with any unnecessary loss of life much less 80,000 Americans.

This isn’t aimed at you in particular
Oh ****! And boom just like that, the culture wars was ended!

A cannot be A. Fascinating. Nobel worthy IMO.

Hey hey .. I only put myself at risk thank you . Well NGV when she’s on the ceiling fan and I turn it up too fast .
Wrong. Alcohol has a social component. Your drink (just like GBOUT, PurpleTiger, Velo, and others) puts others at risk. How many more have to die for everyone to drink alone? All bars, nightclubs, restaurants serving alcohol, sports venues, etc should be closed by government force.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I read a Reuters story today about the current state of the coronavirus pandemic and one of the paragraphs started "The US continues to lag behind other developed countries in COVID testing." That's not even remotely true. Here are the facts.
1) The US has tested more than any other country.
2) 12 million total tests, more than 5 million more than any other country.
3) Per capita, the US is even with Germany and UK and ahead of Canada, France, South Korea, and 170 other countries.

4) The US conducted 422k tests today, more than 190 countries have done in total.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,801,875 Cases and 316,671 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Last edited:
You can’t claim pro-life and be:

For capital punishment
Against abortion
Be okay with any unnecessary loss of life much less 80,000 Americans.

This isn’t aimed at you in particular
You really are an intellectual giant with this post? You can’t be pro life and against abortion? Really?

In a vacuum, you would be 100% correct. The problem is that the vast majority of Americans are really just dumb. So unfortunately, we have to set everything to the lowest common denominator to make an impact.
Public schools and media and social media make the majority of Americans dumb. Thank God some are educated by good parents who teach them critical thinking skills and how the world actually works

Wrong. Alcohol has a social component. Your drink (just like GBOUT, PurpleTiger, Velo, and others) puts others at risk. How many more have to die for everyone to drink alone? All bars, nightclubs, restaurants serving alcohol, sports venues, etc should be closed by government force.
I would like this post but the nanny state Folks may think you are serious.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and McDad
I would like this post but the nanny state Folks may think you are serious.
It's apparent the continued shelter policies are simply the avenue some think will unseat DJT in Nov. It has nothing to do with saving lives.
Sadly, if they would run a decent candidate with a decent campaign, they would get their wish.

Not for the dead (which will be more than 125,000).
And will be worse for the 35 million unemployed. And it will be way more then that too. I read an article the other day where mental health experts were predicting 75,000 suicides because of this. World leaders are coming out more and more saying we have to go back to life. This crazy crap has to stop.

Last edited:
I swear, this wicked azz media will create a new crisis at the drop of a hat...

As coronavirus testing expands, a new problem arises: Not enough people to test

Four months into the U.S. coronavirus outbreak, tests for the virus finally are becoming widely available, a crucial step toward lifting stay-at-home orders and safely returning to normal life. But while many states no longer report crippling supply shortages, a new problem has emerged: too few people lining up to get tested.

"We don't have enough testing..."

"We don't have enough people to test..."

I swear, this wicked azz media will create a new crisis at the drop of a hat...

As coronavirus testing expands, a new problem arises: Not enough people to test

"We don't have enough testing..."

"We don't have enough people to test..."

The key to this observation is in the story. I believe it is still the case that I cannot be tested where I am unless a doctor orders it.

I'm not symptomatic. He would not order it. It does not even occur to me to go find one that doesn't require a doctor's order.

And will be worse for the 35 million unemployed. And it will be way more then that too. I read an article the other day where mental health experts were predicting 75,000 suicides because of this. World leaders are coming out more and more sand saying we have to go back to life. This crazy crap has to stop.
More modeling?

I know we can't put the economy on pause. At the same time I see that it comes at a cost in lives and health. Simply put, there is no good path out of this predicament.

The key to this observation is in the story. I believe it is still the case that I cannot be tested where I am unless a doctor orders it.

I'm not symptomatic. He would not order it. It does not even occur to me to go find one that doesn't require a doctor's order.
They're everywhere in Tennessee and you just drive through it.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Seems unlikely that the Covid 19 helped their overall health status. But if it makes the right feel better to say that the number who died with co-morbidities means that the virus didn't "cause" the death, BY ITSELF, well, not much you can do to fix their Herculean effort to spin this as no biggie.
The Colorado DOH fixed that, not the "right."

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back