Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

As far as I can tell Travis is only making a few obvious points:
1.) With more testing comes more positive tests
2.) More testing positive is showing this virus is causing lower and lower death and hospitalization rates
3.) Based on this trend this virus isn’t anything to really worry about if you are under 60 and in good health.
4.) Based on this what we have done has been beyond stupid

Which of the above do you dispute?
My low opinion of him wasn't formed during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some past tweets from Clay Travis, which I dispute:

"Titans still lead for Manning but per source 49ers have replaced Broncos as top competition." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) March 17, 2012

"Manning to Broncos is complete stunner. Can't believe that Peyton made a total money grab. Shocked." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) March 19, 2012 (The Broncos played in two Super Bowls with Peyton Manning at QB, and won once)

"The Big Ten is officially eliminated from placing a team in the playoff. It is September 16th." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 16, 2014 (Ohio State won the 2014 College Football Playoff)

"Coach O isn't get the head job, dip$hit." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 25, 2016 (This was Clay Travis insulting a Twitter user for saying that LSU would hire Ed Orgeron to replace Les Miles as head coach. They did, and probably don't regret it.)

Last edited:
My low opinion of him wasn't formed during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some past tweets from Clay Travis, which I dispute:

"Titans still lead for Manning but per source 49ers have replaced Broncos as top competition." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) March 17, 2012

"Manning to Broncos is complete stunner. Can't believe that Peyton made a total money grab. Shocked." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) March 19, 2012 (The Broncos played in two Super Bowls with Peyton Manning at QB, and won once)

"The Big Ten is officially eliminated from placing a team in the playoff. It is September 16th." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 7, 2014 (Ohio State won the 2014 College Football Playoff)

"Coach O isn't get the head job, dip$hit." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 25, 2016 (This was Clay Travis insulting a Twitter user for saying that LSU would hire Ed Orgeron to replace Les Miles as head coach. They did, and probably don't regret it.)

Travis is what he is. No doubt about it. However I haven’t seen anything in his COVID-19 tweets that seem out of line or inaccurate.

"The Big Ten is officially eliminated from placing a team in the playoff. It is September 16th." - Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 7, 2014 (Ohio State won the 2014 College Football Playoff)

You mean a guy who covers sports and has ****** sport takes also has ****** political takes? Shocking!

I've been busy today but delighted to report to the board that I have it from an impeccable source that the virus will in fact magically disappear on November 4, 2020.

Remember when Republicans lost their **** because a husband wanted to end life support on his comatose wife? A woman who had been in that state for years? Who was basically brain dead?

But now 80,000 fully functioning humans die and thats not only ok but a great victory to be celebrated?

Pro life indeed!
80,000 lives vs the lives of 330 million others....

Well we could halve the numbers if it weren't for nursing home deaths in three states. The you could probably take that number an chop off 1/3 that wasn't really virus deaths. You'd be somewhere in the ballpark of real numbers then.
LOL, sadly, you are probably correct. The numbers for NY are the most extreme example of an outlier you will see in any mathematical model you could think of.

You can’t claim pro-life and be:

For capital punishment
Against abortion
Be okay with any unnecessary loss of life much less 80,000 Americans.

This isn’t aimed at you in particular
You can be realistic to know people will die from this and these lockdowns are creating far more harm. 35 million people out of work. How many more million more to come? How many people lose their houses, their apartments, have to start relying on charity to feed their family? The smart move would have been for weeks ago to tell people over 60, or those with health issues, to lock themselves down. Everyone else do what you need to. It also would have been smart if a certain Governor whose loved by the masses to not have put ill people in nursing homes. I know I know. Too much to ask.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
You can be realistic to know people will die from this and these lockdowns are creating far more harm. 35 million people out of work. How many more million more to come? How many people lose their houses, their apartments, have to start relying on charity to feed their family? The smart move would have been for weeks ago to tell people over 60, or those with health issues, to lock themselves down. Everyone else do what you need to. It also would have been smart if a certain Governor whose loved by the masses to not have put ill people in nursing homes. I know I know. Too much to ask.

In a vacuum, you would be 100% correct. The problem is that the vast majority of Americans are really just dumb. So unfortunately, we have to set everything to the lowest common denominator to make an impact.

the first know case occurred way back in November. The first known case in the US was in January. That’s two months of warning to manufacture the appropriate PPE and tests.
BS... there is no way you can expect anyone to reasonably respond to a handful of cases halfway around the globe and expect them to mobilize for a nationwide pandemic just based on that information alone.

You are either knowingly being unrealistic just for the sake of having something to blame on trump or you are to stupid to understand that you can't just have a kneejerk reaction at the drop of every localized outbreak that occurs on the planet.

Reactions: McDad
If you go by what the CCP claims then sure, it was absolutely a different story. But since we had intel that stated otherwise, and Trump was advised on that intel and did nothing, then here we are.
I'm sure the UK had similar intel, along with several other European nations. Did they shutdown or have PPEs stockpiled in January?

BS... there is no way you can expect anyone to reasonably respond to a handful of cases halfway around the globe and expect them to mobilize for a nationwide pandemic just based on that information alone.

You are either knowingly being unrealistic just for the sake of having something to blame on trump or you are to stupid to understand that you can't just have a kneejerk reaction at the drop of every localized outbreak that occurs on the planet.
Fortunately we have a ton of history to study in regards to pandemic reaction. Unfortunately we didn’t do any of that and here we are.

His initial response would have been the correct one wrt shutting everything down but he caved. The ppe was a failure but we would not have the tests necessary based on the number of asymptomatic we know now exist
And not only that, but assuming trump would have acted in January... there is no way the PPE and other equipment could have been collected in time to satisfy the critics' timeline.

With all the good news regarding tests, positives, hospitalizations, and death at what point do you who are opposed to opening up feel comfortable opening back up?

I literally saw a neighborhood FB post that started with "in these sheltered times...".

I am like wtf. People in the same communities are literally living in 2 worlds. My family has only been sheltered to the extent that other businesses, schools, etc have forced us. We are doing anything we want if that thing is available to do.

This FB poster lives in a county with 5 deaths in 10 weeks and on May 17 she is still living in "sheltered times."

Reactions: DC_Vol and McDad
Fortunately we have a ton of history to study in regards to pandemic reaction. Unfortunately we didn’t do any of that and here we are.

We studied the history , we didn’t just flatten the curve we hammered that thing into a straight line . Now we are just sheltering like good little sheeple waiting to be told what to do next .

I'm sure the UK had similar intel, along with several other European nations. Did they shutdown or have PPEs stockpiled in January?
You may be misunderstanding me. At no point did I claim we are the only country to react poorly. Several have. But considering that most folks on here consider us to be the best country in the world, it’s disappointing that all of a sudden we are able to accept the fact that it’s okay we will lose over 100,000 lives because “**** it they were gonna die anyway.” Pretty ****** attitude to have

VN Store

Back