Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I don’t consider being a considerate human being and avoiding killing someone else as fear mongering but to each their own. I realize how much of an inconvenience this is for you guys

The death of any "immunocompromised" person as a result of COVID-19 is sad, just as the death of any person due to cancer/AIDS/pneumonia is sad. The "responsibility" of that death falls on no one, least of all me; it is the onus of the "immunocompromised" person to sequester themselves from society to the best of their ability, and I'm not going to even entertain the idea of bearing responsibility for the illness of anyone who isn't in my immediate family. If your relative perishes because you contracted the virus from me and subsequently passed it to them, isn't it egg on your face that you didn't do a great job distancing in the face of clear risk?

Conservatives: it’s okay to not wear a mask or socially distance! You do what’s best for you!

Also conservatives: No slut, you will have that baby. We know what’s best for you!

I wear a mask all day every day I’m at work.
Is it the right mask?
Do you wear it properly?
Are you 100% compliant even when no one is looking?
How often do you wash hands?

I'm just busting your chops. I have no issue with anyone taking precautions. Whatever makes you feel more secure. But what you need isnt what everyone needs. Bottom line.

0.00491666% dead from Corona as a percentage of TN population.

I think you really overestimate the intelligence of our fellow people. We can’t even get people to wear masks for Christ sake. Now we will trust them to take precautions in their interaction with people?

Whoa Whoa Whoa there king George , what do you mean we can’t trust them not to do as you want them to do ? Holy crap man is there anything you won’t give up for safety’s sake ?

Is it the right mask?
Do you wear it properly?
Are you 100% compliant even when no one is looking?
How often do you wash hands?

I'm just busting your chops. I have no issue with anyone taking precautions. Whatever makes you feel more secure. But what you need isnt what everyone needs. Bottom line.

0.00491666% dead from Corona as a percentage of TN population.

Death isn’t a realistic concern for young healthy people. However, if you know there is a highly contagious virus out there, why wouldn’t you want to at least attempt to avoid getting it? You can claim “if I get it I get it so what” but that’s just a real crappy attitude to have.

Conservatives: it’s okay to not wear a mask or socially distance! You do what’s best for you!

Also conservatives: No slut, you will have that baby. We know what’s best for you!
Liberals: My body, my choice.

Also Liberals: You must wear a mask, gloves, social distance, avoid sporting events, don't plant a garden or go to state parks.

Both sides do it. Fun, huh?

Death isn’t a realistic concern for young healthy people. However, if you know there is a highly contagious virus out there, why wouldn’t you want to at least attempt to avoid getting it? You can claim “if I get it I get it so what” but that’s just a real crappy attitude to have.
Where have I said I am being cavalier? You connected those dots.

Again, 0.00491666% in TN.

Flu has always been very dangerous for the elderly. So you wear a mask every winter?

Of the 295 deaths, about a third are linked to assisted living facilities. Since they arent in daily contact with others, we can cull that third.

New percentage = 0.00327777%

Reactions: allvol123

I now believe the DNC is just using Biden to get someone like Gretchen Whitmer or Stacy Abrams running the country...

THAT is clearly the case. They whiffed on Hillary in 2016 but they smell victory in November, and the prospect of replacing Biden soon after the election with the first female POTUS, if they can keep the country shut down and Biden in his basement long enough.

The death of any "immunocompromised" person as a result of COVID-19 is sad, just as the death of any person due to cancer/AIDS/pneumonia is sad. The "responsibility" of that death falls on no one, least of all me; it is the onus of the "immunocompromised" person to sequester themselves from society to the best of their ability, and I'm not going to even entertain the idea of bearing responsibility for the illness of anyone who isn't in my immediate family. If your relative perishes because you contracted the virus from me and subsequently passed it to them, isn't it egg on your face that you didn't do a great job distancing in the face of clear risk?
Excellent post

Well you could. I don’t really amount to much. It’s the people who pander to their base that annoy me. Travis knows exactly what he’s doing. He covers college football primarily, namely the SEC. He also knows the vast majority of people in the SE are conservative by nature.
I am just saying that just because someone may have been wrong on one subject doesnt make them wrong on every subject.

Reactions: volfanhill
So by opening everything back up to pre-covid standards, we aren’t going to then overwhelm hospitals? We aren’t doing contact tracing nor do we do antibody tests or have an vaccine. So if it was important to do at the beginning, and nothing has changed, why do you think hospitals won’t be overrun?
Because they aren’t except in like two filthy cities

Reactions: allvol123
Any of you covid concerned folks drink alcohol?

Uh oh...Excessive alcohol use is responsible for about 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost in the United States each year.

Unless you're a non drinker (like me) you're putting yourself and others at risk. Shame.

I talked to a nurse last night at my local watering hole. She was from NY and probably in her 60's. No mask. Was hugging people. Also said a 96 year old lady with the virus survived after giving her the HQC recipe. She was more upstate.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back