Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

And not only that, but assuming trump would have acted in January... there is no way the PPE and other equipment could have been collected in time to satisfy the critics' timeline.
The WHO gave false info early on and China stalled our attempts to get our CDC to ground zero. I think people forget how things were when this blipped on the radar.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
We studied the history , we didn’t just flatten the curve we hammered that thing into a straight line . Now we are just sheltering like good little sheeple waiting to be told what to do next .
And how did we “hammer it into a straight line”? By locking down. Lol

I literally saw a neighborhood FB post that started with "in these sheltered times...".

I am like wtf. People in the same communities are literally living in 2 worlds. My family has only been sheltered to the extent that other businesses, schools, etc have forced us. We are doing anything we want if that thing is available to do.

This FB poster lives in a county with 5 deaths in 10 weeks and on May 17 she is still living in "sheltered times."
I don't understand it.

Either my question is too difficult to answer or too dull to discuss because no one has taken a stab at it.

For the first month, at least, the shutdown was justifiable because we had no idea what the outbreak might look like and healthcare capacity was in doubt.
I can understand that. The problem is we didn’t adjust course and in many places haven’t still. Look at upstate New York. Why the hell were they under these ridiculous restrictions? Why were they forced to live like this when the city was the problem? Ignorant leadership.

Last edited:
And how did we “hammer it into a straight line”? By locking down. Lol
We weren't told to shelter to beat the virus. We were told to shelter to not overwhelm the hospitals. Hospitals are not overwhelmed. There is no need to continue to shelter at home if you do not have and immuno compromised system

We weren't told to shelter to beat the virus. We were told to shelter to not overwhelm the hospitals. Hospitals are not overwhelmed. There is no need to continue to shelter at home if you do not have and immuno compromised system

We have ourselves a winner!

So by opening everything back up to pre-covid standards, we aren’t going to then overwhelm hospitals? We aren’t doing contact tracing nor do we do antibody tests or have an vaccine. So if it was important to do at the beginning, and nothing has changed, why do you think hospitals won’t be overrun?

I don't understand it.

Either my question is too difficult to answer or too dull to discuss because no one has taken a stab at it.

For me it was just too easy , Fear and Panic overrides sound decisions . So until the Media , “ experts “ and politicians stop fear mongering ( and as long as our supply chains hold up so we can spend our shelter in place checks ) there’s not really a time limit for the sheeple .

Reactions: McDad
So by opening everything back up to pre-covid standards, we aren’t going to then overwhelm hospitals? We aren’t doing contact tracing nor do we do antibody tests or have an vaccine. So if it was important to do at the beginning, and nothing has changed, why do you think hospitals won’t be overrun?
Because people who are at risk will take precautions. Simple as that. Knox county has 5 deaths for 500,000 people.
The sky isn't falling everywhere.

We know more now. We know roughly how many hospitalizations were experienced for each death recorded. We know roughly the shape of the death arrival curve and how it taxed the system. We see the huge differences between rural and urban areas.

I agree with you in the thought that we aren’t “in the clear” and that there will be places with problems.

But we have seen enough to know one size doesn’t fit all.

I can understand that. The problem is we didn’t adjust course and in many places haven’t still. Look at upstate New York. Why the hell were they under these ridiculous restrictions? Why were the forced to live like this when the city was the problem? Ignorant leadership.
It's adjusting.

Travis has been pushing hard against shutdowns for weeks even though there's still uncertainty about where it might lead.

The steps taken at the beginning of this pandemic, out of an abundance of caution, quite obviously aren't necessary to keep in place any longer given that hospitals objectively have not been overwhelmed despite a large number of people (rightfully) taking these social distancing mandates with a grain of salt.

It's time to open America back up, full-bore.

Reactions: Wireless1
Because people who are at risk will take precautions. Simple as that. Knox county has 5 deaths for 500,000 people.
The sky isn't falling everywhere.
I think you really overestimate the intelligence of our fellow people. We can’t even get people to wear masks for Christ sake. Now we will trust them to take precautions in their interaction with people?

The WHO gave false info early on and China stalled our attempts to get our CDC to ground zero. I think people forget how things were when this blipped on the radar.

True and they should get their FAIR share of blame.

Not all of it.

Trump and his administration deserve plenty.

On the narrow issue of immunity (who's had the disease), outside of the hot spots, studies have showed it's still in the single digits in the US.

While I agree we can't "hide" from it, this must be tempered with the realization that there's a long slog ahead.

One study found Covid antibodies in 38% of NewYorkers who thought they had Covid but had not yet tested positive.

And virtually every Covid-positive person they tested was able to produce antibodies.

So places hit hardest will be the ones to watch on the herd immunity front.

VN Store

Back