Just looking through the Fire Pruitt....

There is a lot a crow being served a lot of ways. Fried crow, baked crow, crow gumbo, crow a la mode....
I've had to eat a little too. I have not once wanted Pruitt gone but I mouthed off a lot about some of Guarantano’s bonehead moves but the fact is w/o him we would be in bad shape right now and Pruitt might have been as well.
Well at least you're honest about it
I am in the same boat crow gumbo sounds
pretty good.

Just looking through these threads on here from a few short weeks ago...do we think that knee jerk/emotional reactions are a bit STUPID?!?!?
No different than the “JG sucks” threads one week and the “JG is the guy, please don’t transfer” threads the next.

Reactions: Offset Eye
My bad, I guess at 5-5 all the sudden hes the coach of the year. 10-12 thru 22 games. Yep, hes great and shouldnt be doubted.
You're either really ignorant or simply to stubborn to admit when you're wrong. I'm hoping its that you're simply too stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

Reactions: KBVol
My bad, I guess at 5-5 all the sudden hes the coach of the year. 10-12 thru 22 games. Yep, hes great and shouldnt be doubted.
After a slow start, team is light years better, surely you know that. Within striking distance of #1 Alabama in Tuscaloosa before JG’s stupidity, beat a good Miss St team, throttled SCar team that had just beaten Georgia in Athens, handled UAB accordingly, came back to beat a rested KY last night on the road after they looked dead in the water. Come on dude, it’s right there to see.

You're making my point. He and this team could have folded like a cheap tent and didn't. I just didn't get why you want to keep bringing up a loss 10 weeks ago on a night that we won our 3rd consecutive SEC game. It's all good man, BVS is real. I suffer tremendously from it, but let's be glad the future appears brighter than 1-11 it could have been. Go Vols!
umm... I didn't bring it up, the OP brought it up. All that said I'm not on the Pruitt train yet either. Sure we can win out and beat a B1G team in Florida and that would be great. But I need to see another season and I need to see a win over one of the big 3 GA-UF-UA. Look at the teams we have beaten lately they are not great. SC just lost to app state, msst is not good. UK lost a bunch of talent. UAB is a G5 team. Everyone is impressed by these wins only because of the loss to GASU. Well there is no reason that game should have been lost. It looks like Pruitt is doing a better job but I'm not going to criticize anyone who bailed on Pruitt after what we saw the first 2 weeks in Neyland.

The reason that is happening is because the OP brought up posts from 10 weeks ago when he created the thread.
I understand that Rasputin...I meant why right after a hard fought win bring up that loss? It still stings, but coaches and players owned up to it...it should never have happened, just questioning the timing. Don't want to argue with fellow Vols. Carry on.

umm... I didn't bring it up, the OP brought it up. All that said I'm not on the Pruitt train yet either. Sure we can win out and beat a B1G team in Florida and that would be great. But I need to see another season and I need to see a win over one of the big 3 GA-UF-UA. Look at the teams we have beaten lately they are not great. SC just lost to app state, msst is not good. UK lost a bunch of talent. UAB is a G5 team. Everyone is impressed by these wins only because of the loss to GASU. Well there is no reason that game should have been lost. It looks like Pruitt is doing a better job but I'm not going to criticize anyone who bailed on Pruitt after what we saw the first 2 weeks in Neyland.
I agree. We've been fooled before with Butch. I feel like there's a difference, and yes only time and wins will tell. I'm just cautiously optimistic and see no need as fans to harp on that one game that was missing Bituli, Gooden, and Thompson. Coaches and players ultimately owned it. But overall, I think we're on the same page and your points are well taken.

Reactions: rocky top buzz
After a slow start, team is light years better, surely you know that. Within striking distance of #1 Alabama in Tuscaloosa before JG’s stupidity, beat a good Miss St team, throttled SCar team that had just beaten Georgia in Athens, handled UAB accordingly, came back to beat a rested KY last night on the road after they looked dead in the water. Come on dude, it’s right there to see.
I agree with everything you say. But i stand by my opinion that he still has a lot to prove

Reactions: 08Vol
There is a lot a crow being served a lot of ways. Fried crow, baked crow, crow gumbo, crow a la mode....
I've had to eat a little too. I have not once wanted Pruitt gone but I mouthed off a lot about some of Guarantano’s bonehead moves but the fact is w/o him we would be in bad shape right now and Pruitt might have been as well.

I’m not sure if eating crow is necessary because at the time his play was a liability. If it were not starting Maurer and getting some juice in the O there wouldn’t be a turn around. We were right about JGs play. There needed to be a change and we got it.

JG I think has been humbled by the experience and has played a lot better coming off the bench. Pruitt has handled it pretty well getting all the QBs ready to play.

After losing those first two games Pruitt’s job should have been questioned. I still don’t think beating sub .500 teams erase such horrible losses. The Bama game (a loss) was the closest thing as redemption in my eyes. But GSU and BYU will be remembered way more than any win this year... I think we have to go bowling and win to feel good about this year at all. Still it’s a disappointing year considering we would be sitting at 7-3 right now...

Pruitt may not be answer, the jury is still out but at least he is now beating the teams we are supposed to beat and I think the culture of the team has shifted to something more positive. It’s something to build from...

Just looking through these threads on here from a few short weeks ago...do we think that knee jerk/emotional reactions are a bit STUPID?!?!?
Welcome to VolNation. Knee jerk reactions are a requirement for admission into the circus

I thought the call where he brought to the officials attention that Bowden should sit out a play after that targeting penalty against Alontae Tayloe that turned out to be not targeting was something a smart coach would do. The next play could have rolled off with Bowden under center and who knows what could have happened. The officials should have made sure he sat out that play but they weren't going to until Pruitt pointed it out. It's a small thing but at least shows Pruitt's head is in on the small details in the game. Under another coach maybe Bowden takes the next snap and that slides by unnoticed.

Say that word a third time, and you need to go blind from soap poisoning.

I agree with everything you say. But i stand by my opinion that he still has a lot to prove
This complete rebuild should take at least 4 years imo. We should be competitive with any team we play then and winning 9-10 every regular season. That's 2022 by my count but a lot will try and say 2017 counts as a year because he was on tail end of a recruiting cycle and just putting together a staff. 2022 will be the beginning of the 5th year.

Yes bc those same people all have or most of them have changed their views since we are winning again.

This complete rebuild should take at least 4 years imo. We should be competitive with any team we play then and winning 9-10 every regular season. That's 2022 by my count but a lot will try and say 2017 counts as a year because he was on tail end of a recruiting cycle and just putting together a staff. 2022 will be the beginning of the 5th year.

You think he should have until 2022 to stat winning 9-10 games during the regular season? If he didn’t crap the bed this year we would be poised for a 9 win regular season. The SEC only has 4-5 really good teams and we only play 3 of them a year. 9 wins should be the expectation when we don’t do something stupid like schedule Oklahoma for an OOC game. Arkansas is our west opponent next year so 8 should be the floor. In 2021 we play Pitt and Ole Miss so 9 should be our floor. In 2022 some idiot put Army on our schedule and we have LSU so expect a 7 win season.

I personally have never been on the fire Pruitt train but I have questioned some of his decision in the offense. I think he is the right man for TN and slowly growing into becoming a head coach through trial and error. Just my opinion, but I think he feels he needs to be into every facet of the team and has a hard time trusting and letting go of things outside the scope of his expertise, i.e. offensive schemes and play calling but that appears to be changing. Last year and even early this year he wanted to try and push the run game when it just wasn't there, TN isn't big enough yet but we will get there. I think here in the near future we need another bruising back like Jamal Lewis or Arian foster.

What is amazing is the names of coaches everyone was fawning over. Most of them like Leach don't even have a winning record.
They hired Leach, Miles, Mack Brown, Mel Tucker et al every weekend. Helluva MOU mess to sort out!

Stupid is as stupid does, sir.

Hey you know what is "STUPID", starting out 1-4 after a 5-7 debut.

Beating some teams with losing records with the exception of mighty UAB "Cough" still doesn't convince me he is the right guy for the job...He got very lucky against Kentucky and thank goodness our defense stopped them on the goaline or this conversation would once again be going strong.

If you can't see we were staring 1-11 in the face after GSU and byu, I can't help you. Sure Pruitt gets credit for turning this around. But no one should be harrassed for questioning his coaching after the first 3 games.
You sound more like a GaT fan than a Tennessee fan. The past is over. The future is yet to com. I really like what I see in the furure for Tennessee. Not so much for GaT.

VN Store

Back