Just looking through the Fire Pruitt....

When I look at the absolute mess FSU and Arkansas have become when they hired coaches at the exact same time we got Pruitt I'm very thankful. We can actually point to many areas of real improvement.

I don't, screw'um. Half of them are nowhere to be seen now that we've won a few games and the other half are talking about how stupid he is for playing JG. They can ALL KMA. Lol.

Mark it down we dont win consistantly if jg starts. He plays much better coming off the bench.

Reactions: LocoVol
Does not apply in this situation. Dwelling on the Ga State loss is counter-productive going forward and provides no value to UT Football.

Of course it applies and no one is suggesting to dwell on the loss. However, that loss should never and will never be forgotten about, at least it shouldn't. Just think of it as a cautionary tale that any team can be beaten and for CP, losses like that will not keep him here long. Yes the team is showing improvement and a humiliating loss like that should always serve as motivation to work hard each and everyday.

Reactions: I40flyer
We have to win at least one of next two before we can claim improvement

Wrong. Thanks to strength & conditioning and coaching our offensive and defensive lines have definitely improved this year. That's where everything starts in the trenches. I'm also not seeing our guys winded in the second half. We're playing a more physical football this year especially since the Miss St game. We absolutely need to win one of the next two but there are other tangible things that we can point to as improvements. I honestly think we run the table beating both Mizzou and Vandy this year.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Mark it down we dont win consistantly if jg starts. He plays much better coming off the bench.
Am I supposed to be amazed at your prophecy? I'm aware he seems to play better coming off the bench, What's that got to do with what I said?

Scored 38 because our offense could not sustain drives and TOP became an issue which put too much strain on the defense

You might want to go back and review that game.

They had it for about 1 min more than we did. They scored in every Q.

Yes JG made mistakes. He also passed for over 300 yds. So did the OL that couldn’t get push or open any holes for the RB. The DL gave up over 200 yds rushing. The coaches did not make the adjustments they are making now.

It was a team loss.

You might want to go back and review that game.

They had it for about 1 min more than we did. They scored in every Q.

Yes JG made mistakes. He also passed for over 300 yds. So did the OL that couldn’t get push or open any holes for the RB. The DL gave up over 200 yds rushing. The coaches did not make the adjustments they are making now.

It was a team loss.
With Mauer or JT we when the game.

Pure speculation. Maurer or JT could have gone in and thrown 5 pics.
My position is the majority here in Volnation. I believe JG in a support role has improved. He stepped his play up a little bit after he was benched mainly because the freshman showed him not to hold on to the ball and not be afraid to
Let the ball fly.

My position is the majority here in Volnation. I believe JG in a support role has improved. He stepped his play up a little bit after he was benched mainly because the freshman showed him not to hold on to the ball and not be afraid to
Let the ball fly.

Like I just said, maybe he is better bc CJP got in his ass. Not bc he’s coming off the bench.

You have to admit it was pretty perplexing watching us not load the box defensively when we knew with almost certainly a run was coming. I'm mostly pleased with Pruitt but that doesn't mean there aren't legitimate criticisms as well
The defensive philosophy against UK was containment. UK gained some yards but scored few points. As the field got shorter we filled the box and stuffed them. It worked.

Our team has a long way to go.
We could easily be 4-6 right now. We got the last win that's what matters but if Nigel doesn't take the pitch man we lose. This place would be doom and gloom. When time of possession is doubled 41:37 sec. to 18:23 the team that wins TOP at that rate wins 90+ %.
We are fortunate to be 5-5 GBO. & bless Kentucky's heart.

Ridiculous- OP going back through fire Poot threads- are you holding up your pointing finger moving it back and forth saying in a high pitched nerdy voice "I told you so". Get real- ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY that is a true vol fan and was not seriously upset at Ga. St and BYU is probably just a passive fan. I have BIG LOVE for all things Tenn. Vols and it hurts deep down in my core when we lose. I can accept mentally some losses as not enough time to recruit, better talent on the other side of the ball etc, BYU and Ga St were a whole different kind of loss. That is all Poindexter.

Wanting Pruitt gone after the start we had is perfectly reasonable. Through 5 weeks we'd shown no improvement and looked like a 2 win team. Somewhere that changed, maybe it was the team buying in after Pruitt benched JG, who knows but I'm glad we are at point where a bowl game is achievable. Buying into Pruitt getting it done here though is going to need a lot more evidence. Whether y'all care or not we were blown out by every relevant team on our schedule and no coach deserves the level or worship we give until we are competing for titles.

Reactions: VolInNW
Just looking through these threads on here from a few short weeks ago...do we think that knee jerk/emotional reactions are a bit STUPID?!?!?
On the flipside, i think its a bit kneejerk to think Pruitt's "the guy". It's still far too early to tell.

Reactions: I40flyer
To start things off:

If you lose to Georgia flippin' State at home, any and all criticism will be completely valid. If you follow that up by losing to BYU, this will enflame any/all criticism.

Preamble:

I think the staff has done a great job rebounding, far exceeding my expectations. If any of our last 2 coaching staffs (in any configuration) had started the year like this, the bottom would have fallen out.

With all that said... lets pump the brakes. We've beaten only middle-of-the-road or worse teams to this point. We had "moral victories" in the 1st Half against UGA (we'll ignore the 2nd Half) and against a Tua-less Bama for the most part. Mizzou will show if this team has evolved past the slump they found themselves in at this point last year.

Wanting Pruitt gone after the start we had is perfectly reasonable. Through 5 weeks we'd shown no improvement and looked like a 2 win team. Somewhere that changed, maybe it was the team buying in after Pruitt benched JG, who knows but I'm glad we are at point where a bowl game is achievable. Buying into Pruitt getting it done here though is going to need a lot more evidence. Whether y'all care or not we were blown out by every relevant team on our schedule and no coach deserves the level or worship we give until we are competing for titles.
It is not perfectly reasonable to want to fire a coach after less than a year and a half on the job. Totally unreasonable to anyone who has a basic understanding of the situation and the game. Not to mention that is an economic impossibility. I can understand being upset and thinking ill thoughts but after a moment’s thought a reasonable person would realize the foolishness of it. Let's monitor the Arkansas situation for a while, I believe the current mess they're in will look like the good old days in a few years.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I definitely was as perplexed as you were. After the game and hearing the commenting from the coaches I found that they were caught off guard as Kentucky learned these new formations and play calls this week specifically for us. Have to hand Eddie gran some credit for his creativity, however even more is due to our coaches ability to adjust. Previous staffs would have probably folded.
Looking back through the game I can definitely see how their 3 wide sets could have confused us some early on.

Reactions: Rockytopvol86

VN Store

Back