Just looking through the Fire Pruitt....

Just looking through these threads on here from a few short weeks ago...do we think that knee jerk/emotional reactions are a bit STUPID?!?!?
I can assure you on Sept 1 I was having all kinds of emotional reactions and was acting real "STUPID" the whole day. Fast forward to 11/11 and I'm aw'ight cause we R going Bowling....fingers crossed !

GA State bro..GA State..

To me, that loss was the bottom of this pit we have been in. Was the absolute worst game all around. I think that was a necessary loss to wake up the players and coaches. Not sure if we won that game we would still be looking at bowl eligibility possibilities. I very well could be wrong, just think that loss reset everything and the teamwork, practice got better and helped identify the players that needed to have opportunities to play elsewhere.

To me, that loss was the bottom of this pit we have been in. Was the absolute worst game all around. I think that was a necessary loss to wake up the players and coaches. Not sure if we won that game we would still be looking at bowl eligibility possibilities. I very well could be wrong, just think that loss reset everything and the teamwork, practice got better and helped identify the players that needed to have opportunities to play elsewhere.
UT wins Ga State and BYU there is a GOOD chance they have 9 wins this season. All positive momentum was immediately killed after the first game.

Alabama fans want to fire Saban after losing to LSU, There are some very stupid fans for both schools. Sure, the first 2 losses hurt, and cause many, including myself, to question if we are on the right track with coach Pruitt. But he is a new coach. We should be happy with the improvement, and look at long term for the Vols. You whiners need to grow up!

It’s always interesting to see people counting their chickens before they hatch. I hope he’s on the right track, and right now they’re some positives, but let’s wait till the end of season before making complete judgment. Most people were saying the same thing last year with 2 games to go.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Its not "stupid" at all. If you dont perform at your job then the discussion of firing will come up. We have had some good games as of late and it seems to be going in the right direction but that doesnt mean the criticism wasnt warranted

I never called for a firing but also wasn’t sticking my neck out to defend against firing.

I was perplexed how this staff, not just Pruitt, let those first two games slip away. It’s not all on JG like some still seem to believe. The coaches did not have the team ready.

If being honest I’m still not sold that Pruitt will lead us back to contending for a championship. There are encouraging flashes though.

Great to get Sec wins, but losing to GA state as a 25 or favorite will get you some coach firing talk
from impatient chicken littles.....
had we lost that game 3-4 games into the season id have been worried but game one? With all the guys we had out injured or otherwise at the time? We were down a bunch of defensive guys and breaking in a new Dline guess why we lost those first few games.. defense. the moment we got our guys back and healthy all of a sudden we started competing right around game 4. Losses suck but context is always important. It was a bad loss and wholly unexpected but not unforgivable given what was going on at the time. Most people at the beginning of the season predicted we'd end up at 7-6 or 8-5 and that was the high end of expectations and most of those same folks are the same Fahr Pruitt folks but look at where we are. Looking to worst-case come out with 7-8 wins

I never called for a firing but also wasn’t sticking my neck out to defend against firing.

I was perplexed how this staff, not just Pruitt, let those first two games slip away. It’s not all on JG like some still seem to believe. The coaches did not have the team ready.

If being honest I’m still not sold that Pruitt will lead us back to contending for a championship. There are encouraging flashes though.
I disagree we had a lot of issues on the defensive side because we were missing folks those first few games. There's a reason a converted RB was the first LB off the bench those few games. I totally agree about JG he is the reason we have the wins we have.. he was instrumental in every win we have. I cannot think of a single game where us losing was something that could even mostly be blamed on him.

Reactions: rikberry31
Just looking through these threads on here from a few short weeks ago...do we think that knee jerk/emotional reactions are a bit STUPID?!?!?
I was in that frenzy and yes it was stupid! Not usually the type to over react but unfortunately I was running amok with others..

I disagree we had a lot of issues on the defensive side because we were missing folks those first few games. There's a reason a converted RB was the first LB off the bench those few games. I totally agree about JG he is the reason we have the wins we have.. he was instrumental in every win we have. I cannot think of a single game where us losing was something that could even mostly be blamed on him.
The first two games are both
on JT. Competent or even average QB play and we win the first two games.

The first two games are both
on JT. Competent or even average QB play and we win the first two games.
smh we scored more than enough points to win either of those games all we needed was one defensive stop literally. Had we lost by more than a score in either of those games id maybe agree but those games came down to lack of execution by multiple team members. Both on offense and defense

smh we scored more than enough points to win either of those games all we needed was one defensive stop literally. Had we lost by more than a score in either of those games id maybe agree but those games came down to lack of execution by multiple team members. Both on offense and defense
I’m saying we did not have problems elsewhere but the inferior Qb play was easily the No. 1 weakness in the first two games. It is beyond debate it was so obvious.

Must have not read the halftime posts in the U.K. game thread. People were calling for pruitts head as well as the rest of the staff. We truly have bipolar posters/fans
You have to admit it was pretty perplexing watching us not load the box defensively when we knew with almost certainly a run was coming. I'm mostly pleased with Pruitt but that doesn't mean there aren't legitimate criticisms as well

You have to admit it was pretty perplexing watching us not load the box defensively when we knew with almost certainly a run was coming. I'm mostly pleased with Pruitt but that doesn't mean there aren't legitimate criticisms as well
I definitely was as perplexed as you were. After the game and hearing the commenting from the coaches I found that they were caught off guard as Kentucky learned these new formations and play calls this week specifically for us. Have to hand Eddie gran some credit for his creativity, however even more is due to our coaches ability to adjust. Previous staffs would have probably folded.

VN Store

Back