John Currie

You guys are funny. I thought a messsage board was open for discussion on anything, but apparently if you don’t share the same view point as everyone you’re mobbed with posts about how dumb you are. This forum is turning into a place where zero discussion happens and everyone posts to please the crowd in hopes of receiving likes.

Cool guys. I get it, you all think Fulmer is the second coming. For the record I never said I disliked him or that I didn’t support Pruitt.

However, I did say that I don’t think Pruitt was the best hire UT could have gotten, but of course you all will defend it. Just like guys thought Dooley and Butch were great hires at the time. Pull up the threads.

Either way, mods feel free to delete this thread.

Ummmm do what ? You made a statement , others have made statements , some have asked for proof of your statement ( which is very common on VN) . I’m thinking the whole thing going back and forth qualifies as discussion . Next time if you want a different outcome maybe start out or Finnish up with IN MY OPINION .

Reactions: 2 people
Ummmm do what ? You made a statement , others have made statements , some have asked for proof of your statement ( which is very common on VN) . I’m thinking the whole thing going back and forth qualifies as discussion . Next time if you want a different outcome maybe start out or Finnish up with IN MY OPINION .

Where did I state what I said as fact?

Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

BS. Currie is uniquely unqualified to be anywhere near a position such as AD. Whether Currie is a total idiot may be up for debate, but where it pertains to the UTAD there's no doubt that he was completely unqualified.

However, some of that goes back to academic beliefs that you can educate someone to run something he/she knows nothing about. It's stupid to believe that someone in one field can adequately judge the applicable qualifications of a person in a different field/profession. Our last couple of ADs and coaching hires have amply demonstrated that.

Reactions: 4 people
Fulmer has been calling prospective coaches, warning them against taking the UT job ever since his firing. Fulmer is the party most responsible for the decline of Tennessee football. He wanted UT to fail to show Hamilton, Currie, and company made a mistake firing him.

So, Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and a decade weren’t enough to satisfy Fulmer’s blood lust? He had to get a job in the AD and destroy it from the inside? Ultimately coming out of retirement to hire a guy that took the job over Fulmers own advice not to take it knowing that their legacies will be intertwined?

Makes total sense.

So, Kiffin, Dooley, Butch and a decade weren’t enough to satisfy Fulmer’s blood lust? He had to get a job in the AD and destroy it from the inside? Ultimately coming out of retirement to hire a guy that took the job over Fulmers own advice not to take it knowing that their legacies will be intertwined?

Makes total sense.
Don't bother trying to make sense of any of it. He/she/it is trying to be click bait. The bait is very good and shows he/she/it is a master baiter.

Reactions: 1 person
Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

Your speculation in your second paragraph is proven to be 100% untrue.
As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, Currie signed Schiano’s MOU/contract. There is thus no basis for suggesting Fulmer wanted Schiano but was stopped by Currie.
Until you acknowledge this and adjust accordingly, every opinion you post on this topic is disqualified from being taken seriously.

Reactions: 5 people

About it,

you stated (as fact) that "it's been reported" and that you're now "starting to think that was true" --

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeceItOut

About it,

you stated (as fact) that "it's been reported" and that you're now "starting to think that was true" --

Quote:

That’s an opinion.

About it,

Quote:

To be fair, Bruce Feldman did report it and he did say he was starting "to think"... not that I agree with his argument, but it is a fact that it was reported (either truthfully or erroneously) and his opinion was that it might be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeceItOut View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Rex View Post
About it,

Quote:

That’s an opinion.

You claimed it's been reported (which is not an opinion), so just substantiate your claim with links to the report(s).

Reactions: 1 person
What did I say that didn’t make sense?

Had Leech been hired, we would have had a good team and some success. However after two seasons the fans would likely have run him off. His winning would be good but the fans would not appreciate his personality thus he would have been r8un off

I suggest you go find another place to spew your stupidity! Some people with the nerve to get on here and talk such ignorance. Get him out of here!

And send all the overly intelligent Grudenites with him.

Did Fulmer sign Curries name on the Schiano MOU?

VN Store

Back