John Currie

I see you believe everything a reporter tells you. I don't. Too many rumors that turned out to NOT be true spread by the Knoxville media over the last couple of years.

And yes I am a Vol fan, have been since I was very young. I also have season tickets but don't let that stop you from believing what you want to believe.

I am not a puppet. I am no sheep.

For the sake of this football program, I hope that someone doesn't sue UT - but would not be surprised if that happens.
In regards to the media, not liking them because they hated on your savior doesn't make them (all of them it appears) wrong with all of their information either. This stuff was surfacing well before the media every reported on the details. Some of it by people drawing a check from UT that were in the middle of it.

The bold makes you not much different than anyone else on this board, plus thousands of more that are not. In which case it doesn't put you on some perch of higher knowledge.

Im guessing by sue you are referring to Schiano specifically? Maybe he should sue the rest of the schools that hired coaches this off season and everyone since then. Its obvious he is being discriminated against by everyone, not just by UT. If he's in the mood to sue, he should start with McQueary and or Bradley. Of course that won't do much to help the fact he was an average coach and a jackass to boot without the PSU allegations.

His best bet is to just STHU and hope all the PSU stuff just fades away leaving him with a punchers chance of getting back in the game. It looks like he is at least smart enough to let that dog alone.

Currie back a Haslem (who is the reason he had the job to begin with) that's shady at best. He'd be better off to lay low for awhile as well.

Reactions: 3 people
In regards to the media, not liking them because they hated on your savior doesn't make them (all of them it appears) wrong with all of their information either. This stuff was surfacing well before the media every reported on the details. Some of it by people drawing a check from UT that were in the middle of it.

The bold makes you not much different than anyone else on this board, plus thousands of more that are not. In which case it doesn't put you on some perch of higher knowledge.

Im guessing by sue you are referring to Schiano specifically? Maybe he should sue the rest of the schools that hired coaches this off season and everyone since then. Its obvious he is being discriminated against by everyone, not just by UT. If he's in the mood to sue, he should start with McQueary and or Bradley. Of course that won't do much to help the fact he was an average coach and a jackass to boot without the PSU allegations.

His best bet is to just STHU and hope all the PSU stuff just fades away leaving him with a punchers chance of getting back in the game. It looks like he is at least smart enough to let that dog alone.

Currie back a Haslem (who is the reason he had the job to begin with) that's shady at best. He'd be better off to lay low for awhile as well.

lol....agreed...the last thing Greg Schiano needs is more light put on any of those situations....PSU or Tampa.

i feel pretty confident that the majority of our dirty laundry got aired out over that two week time period.

and what wasn't aired out...who cares. the right side won, regardless of what theories are being begged to be discussed in this thread.

Reactions: 2 people
lol....agreed...the last thing Greg Schiano needs is more light put on any of those situations....PSU or Tampa.

i feel pretty confident that the majority of our dirty laundry got aired out over that two week time period.

and what wasn't aired out...who cares. the right side won, regardless of what theories are being begged to be discussed in this thread.

Correct. It wasn't pretty but it needed to happen. It needed to happen years ago.

Schiano made the revolt (which wasn't started or led by the fanbase) easy given the facts. The "allegations" were the easy part to run with by the media.

Reactions: 1 person
Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

Well, we won't know for sure what the Hell was going on over there unless you see federal law enforcement investigating it. Of course, Fulmer denies any involvement whatsoever, but somebody leaked the Washington Post story to the fan base 24 hours before Currie arrived in Columbus to interview Schiano. So, I have no doubt the whole backlash was planned by someone from the inside. And how much Fulmer knew or didn't know, it seem pretty clear it was done for him to take over the ADs job.

Ineptitude? No, I don't think so. The whole thing reminded me of Newman and Redford in, "The Sting".

I don't know if Fulmer is "the enemy" in this. Most on here seem to be praising him as a conquering hero. As long as he didn't break any obscure laws they overlooked, he won't need us to send him soap on a rope. I know this, him and his donor buddies are vindictive bastards. But then again, so are those others who think they are Kings of the Hill in Knoxville. I wouldn't dare show my back to the entire lot.

I see you believe everything a reporter tells you. I don't. Too many rumors that turned out to NOT be true spread by the Knoxville media over the last couple of years.

And yes I am a Vol fan, have been since I was very young. I also have season tickets but don't let that stop you from believing what you want to believe.

I am not a puppet. I am no sheep.

For the sake of this football program, I hope that someone doesn't sue UT - but would not be surprised if that happens.

giphy.gif

You are an unabashed shill for Butch Jones, and have been since the first day you posted on these forums. The only reason you are still here is because Butch hasn't found a Div II team desperate enough to hire him.

Reactions: 4 people
Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.
Where does anyone come up with BS like this? Been reported(by whom?)

Reactions: 2 people

Is this Pete Thamel trying to spark another story?

Did you learn nothing from this coaching search?

Wrong guy from the start. Should never have at anyone other than Fulmer or Blackburn.

I'm behind the Pruitt hire 100%. That being said, your post is exactly the problem with our culture at UT. That people believe there are only a couple of guys acceptable for the job is extremely ignorant thinking. There's a reason why the WH press secretary commented on the Schiano hire.

Fulmer will probably do ok as AD. There are though, plenty of others who could have done just as well if not better

VN Store

Back