John Currie

FleeceItOut

Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 10 people
Is he really the bad guy? It’s been reported that Fulmer was sabotaging everything Currie tried to do and I’m starting to think that was true.

Is it possible that Fulmer wanted to hire Schiano (it was said Peyton was supportive of this as well) and Currie made sure that didn’t happen to try and save his job and please the fan base?

Currie then tried to hire Brohm and Leach (both of which the fan base would have approved of), and Fulmer torpedoed then because “he wanted a defensive guy.”

The UTAD then fires Currie and uses him as a scapegoat for their ineptitude, and let Fulmer Hire his defensive guy under the guise of “having a UT blooded leader looking out for our best interests.”

Seems to me that Currie went rogue and was trying to make a good hire and everyone in the admin opposed. For the record I would have taken Leach or Brohm over Pruitt. Both are proven head coaches and they would have torched the SEC EAST with elite offenses.

Flame on but I think Fulmer is the enemy and the fan base was duped again. Only time will tell.

I see you hit the bottle early today Johnny?

Reactions: 29 people

As for you conspiracy theory, it has been documented on many reports that Fulmer had nothing to do with the search. There are some in the fanbase that would have been happy at first with the Leach hire, but the administration would not have approved and his demeanor would have embarrassed the university before long. Even Dr. Jerry Punch who know Leach said he would not have been a fit anywhere in the South. STOP the conspiracy theories and get behind Coach Pruitt. He is our coach now and I am not saying to blindly support him, but have confidence he can get the job done. Otherwise people will have a long 4-5 years in misery (unless he gets us in some serious NCAA trouble, he will have 4-5 years to get the job done!)

Reactions: 18 people
Good grief.
Started to respond by breaking down how wrong all of this is but decided once people hit scientology level, it's already too late.

Reactions: 18 people
What did I say that didn’t make sense?

More conspiracy theories and anti Fulmer BS. 95% of the fan base is excited for Coach Pruitt and excited that HOF Coach Fulmer is leading the AD. Time to get on board and stop with all the negative posts. We are about to be good again in Football, enjoy the ride!

Reactions: 24 people

I suggest you go find another place to spew your stupidity! Some people with the nerve to get on here and talk such ignorance. Get him out of here!

Reactions: 14 people
As for you conspiracy theory, it has been documented on many reports that Fulmer had nothing to do with the search. There are some in the fanbase that would have been happy at first with the Leach hire, but the administration would not have approved and his demeanor would have embarrassed the university before long. Even Dr. Jerry Punch who know Leach said he would not have been a fit anywhere in the South. STOP the conspiracy theories and get behind Coach Pruitt. He is our coach now and I am not saying to blindly support him, but have confidence he can get the job done. Otherwise people will have a long 4-5 years in misery (unless he gets us in some serious NCAA trouble, he will have 4-5 years to get the job done!)

If was also reported that Fulmer was directly involved with the search, so it comes down to what you choose to believe.

I never said I didn’t support Pruitt, just that Brohm and Leach were better options with proven HC experience, and both were seemingly willing to take the job.

Why does what I think have to be labeled a conspiracy theory? It very well could have happened that way. Look at the timeline and sequence of events.

Reactions: 3 people

You are completely delusional.

Reactions: 7 people
I see a lot of people fishing for likes and going along with the crowd.

Why not have a conversation about what I said and tell me where you think I’m wrong?

Looking at the timeline of events nothing I said is out of the realm of possibility.

Reactions: 1 person
Really? Instead of fishing for likes. Why not do a little research?

Look at the reports, timeline, and sequence of events. Nothing I said was illogical.

Currie went right along with little Jimmy's wishes and went all in for Schiano. Yes, Curry was the bad guy here. This seems like a covert attempt at yet another Fulmer bash. I seriously do not understand what some Vol fans have against Fulmer.

Reactions: 10 people
Boredom kills.

A former player and NC winning coach that has spent his entire career at one school is the enemy. Lol, Orange Defense must be stealing all the thread ideas and now desparation to start one has set in.

Reactions: 3 people
Really? Instead of fishing for likes. Why not do a little research?

Look at the reports, timeline, and sequence of events. Nothing I said was illogical.

Instead of looking at those reports, look at who made them, they came from mouthpieces of haslam, currie was haslams hand picked ad, this was simply a purge of haslam influence by the rest of the UT boosters. It is obvious to anybody without some preconcieved hatred of fulmer that those reports were only to make him look bad for trying to save his alma mater.

Reactions: 6 people
Currie went right along with little Jimmy's wishes and went all in for Schiano. Yes, Curry was the bad guy here. This seems like a covert attempt at yet another Fulmer bash. I seriously do not understand what some Vol fans have against Fulmer.

I don’t have anything against him. I’m just not completely convinced this was all Currie’s fault.

If the reports that Fulmer was sabotaging Currie are true then UT settling for Pruitt when they could have had Leach or Brohm is directly on him.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back