Jeremy Banks Comments

Hooker didn’t get his 2 big NIL deals until this month right before the GA game.

https://www.wjhl.com/sports/college...er-signs-two-nil-deals-ahead-of-georgia-game/

Agree that this is a new, public hurdle that each team will have to deal with especially for the few that get the big money. See Nico.

Banks playing would not have made the difference in winning and losing that game. It was just a beat down that we typically deliver to the other team.

The locker room immaturity just has to be dealt with by the coaches and players no matter it’s source. Hard lessons learned this year will carryover to the next few.

Reactions: FlVols
Banks playing would not have made the difference in winning and losing that game. It was just a beat down that we typically deliver to the other team.

I am less concerned about a single player missing a game than I am about its affect on the mindset of the entire team.
There will be certain players who cant get past it.
How that affects the mindset of the entire team is going to bear out over the next few years as we see this play out across college football.

Texas A&M comes to mind.

If it’s a rule for a 3rd teamer, it’s a rule for everyone. You can’t start making exceptions. This ain’t pro ball (yet) where you can cut malcontents on any day.
We do it all the time with our players that beat the crap out of other people. 2 backups beat up girlfriends - off the team. Bru beats up girlfriend, McCollough sucker punches guy - open arms by coaches and fans. We always make exceptions for our better players.

Reactions: Doberman
Al Wilson cleaned the bones. Yes?

The only way to address Al Wilson was...

Yes sir.
No sir.

USATSI_10899939.jpg
Wish our S&C turned out dudes like that these days.

I am less concerned about a single player missing a game than I am about its affect on the mindset of the entire team.
There will be certain players who cant get past it.
How that affects the mindset of the entire team is going to bear out over the next few years as we see this play out across college football.

Texas A&M comes to mind.
If not managed correctly it will ruin college football as we know it.

Reactions: FlVols and Vanhalo
We do it all the time with our players that beat the crap out of other people. 2 backups beat up girlfriends - off the team. Bru beats up girlfriend, McCollough sucker punches guy - open arms by coaches and fans. We always make exceptions for our better players.

McCoy incident was over a yr ago & he sat a yr. McCullough punched a intruder and sat 2 games. Your “exceptions” aren’t worth a crap.

Last edited:
No, we don’t.. try again.. but Bama on the other hand…

Reactions: Stephen Gray
You identified a cancer for the epic meltdown. Where was your 5Why or 8D? Should be interesting to see.

Problem:
Vols Crapped the bed and got blown out @ South Carolina

Why 1:
Players didn't know where to be/ who to cover
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...Yes

Why 2:
The defensive scheme gave too much cushion to receivers
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...Yes

Why 3:
the players lack SEC level talent to execute a more aggressive defensive scheme & The players were distracted/upset about the handling of a cancerous situation in the locker room.
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...NO

Root Cause= lack of defensive talent coupled with a cancerous situation in the locker room

Bru was cleared and most likely the girlfriend is the one who committed assualt.

Banks' comments are BS. Heup prob threatened to dismiss him and others from team based on reports from Banks stepping on the Power T in the locker room, not doing pushups under team rules and altercation with Hooker and Milton in the locker room which would have destroyed his NFL stock value. Defensive players took sides against offensive players which is why defense and offense were disinterested and absent at SC. NIL money is at heart of this. Not going to be the last incident in college football. Credit the NCAA for destroying young men's lives who won't make it to the NFL.
Not the NCAA's fault. Blame NIL on the courts thinking players deserve money despite getting a completely free education. Frankly, I'd you get NIL money, you shouldn't be on scholarship. Sorry, but you shouldn't get both.

Not the NCAA's fault. Blame NIL on the courts thinking players deserve money despite getting a completely free education. Frankly, I'd you get NIL money, you shouldn't be on scholarship. Sorry, but you shouldn't get both.

The cost of a full scholarship, training facilities & staff, food, housing stipend, travel , etc. has to be well north of $50k. Pretty damn good for a 20 hour a week job.

Reactions: tbh and smokeymon
If anyone thinks having Jeremy Banks at that game would have kept us from winning you’re mistaken. SC played lights out and we couldn’t stop them if we had 5 Banks

How did Banks get our qb hurt? Did he pull a Tonya Harding on his knee or something?

Dear Jeremy—

Thanks for ruining the season. You saved me thousands of dollars in going to the playoffs. I mean because of you, one of the passions of my life didn’t reach its potential—and you got our quarterback hurt because you are a terrible teammate, a little jealous woman, and just all together a terrible person.

You could have led the defense through the playoff with millions of eyeballs on you and scouts and you could have EARNED the money you were so jealous of Hendon over, that you didn’t give the respect to the guy who was the leader of this team.

I have never felt such dislike for someone that has ever suited up in Orange. Even Too’too. You’re a bigger punk than too‘too. At least had the decency to stab his team in the back publicly by going to our rival. You just straight up poisoned the well by being. A jealous little girl. Hope you never get drafted and you end up working at a car wash—that is if you don’t get jealous and damage anyone who rolls into the car wash you’re working at bexusss they have a nicer car than you.
Jeremy Banks is just one player. Football is a team sport. I don't if him playing would've really made much of a difference TBH considering how poorly everyone else played. It isn't fair to blame the loss solely on him.

Also, you really need to calm down. This season has still far exceeded everyone's expectations and the future is looking bright.

Thread starter needs to get a grip, nobody on here knows the true story but they sure can run with everyone they can think of and spin it in it’s worst light.Time for our fans to cheer for the team and let the coaches deal with the players. Spewing venom about a player is really childish and has no bearing on anything. GBO!

VN Store

Back