Jeremy Banks Comments

You greatly underestimate young people's ability to act in an, dare I use the term, unprofessional manner..

Scenario is this: You have a young team that does not have an Al Wilson. Add a disgruntled player that has enough players who "have his back". Then an incident takes place, he is disciplined and in their view, unfairly, you have the makings of a revolt. The younger the team the easier it can happen IMO..

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying this is what happened. I do not know. I'm saying it can happen much easier than you think...

Edit: If they sh!t the bed against Vandy, we will have our answer..

Well said. Results on and off the field speak volumes.

Jimmy Hyams was the only one the told the story...rest of the station was watching their lip....

He isn’t in those folks leagues, but when you reference charitable work as evidence someone has changed their life it’s a weak and crap stance to take.

Banks seems to lack maturity in some areas like plenty of kids his age. However at some point it’s time for him to grow up and he was already given a second chance with the university. Dude has been a headache behind closed doors for a while now. This isn’t some isolated incident with him and he has kinda been a turd for a lot of his time here. He just really took it to new levels this week that they couldn’t ignore.

This isn’t though some sort of condemnation on his entire life though. Get a grip man
I also understand JB hit HH hard in a non-contact practice in addition to the NIL controversy plus the HH & JM locker room incident. Heupel said he hopes to have JB back this week.
I wouldn't touch the TN betting line v Vandy...period. I've seen similar stuff before on the field and in the locker room and I do not think Heupel will allow JB to play.
You do not cross a person who has brought UT football back to relevancy and represents all of what's good in college football.
Heup needs to bed this immediately or JB playing or not will be the story all week instead of focusing on beating Vandy.

He isn’t in those folks leagues, but when you reference charitable work as evidence someone has changed their life it’s a weak and crap stance to take.

Banks seems to lack maturity in some areas like plenty of kids his age. However at some point it’s time for him to grow up and he was already given a second chance with the university. Dude has been a headache behind closed doors for a while now. This isn’t some isolated incident with him and he has kinda been a turd for a lot of his time here. He just really took it to new levels this week that they couldn’t ignore.

This isn’t though some sort of condemnation on his entire life though. Get a grip man

You’re essentially saying that since they’ve been here this staff has valued field playing ability over someone being a headache causing turd behind closed doors, otherwise all the incidents you’ve apparently attached to him should have already caused his removal from the team.

Few coaches will retain a major rule breaking culture disrupter on their roster for very long.

So which is it? The current staff is crap and can’t build a good program culture or Banks hasn’t actually been quite the turd you claim him to be?

Al Wilson cleaned the bones. Yes?

The only way to address Al Wilson was...

Yes sir.
No sir.

USATSI_10899939.jpg
Good Lord we need some defenders and OLinemen with that expression on their faces.
Al kept that team in line, and that locker room was wall to wall Alpha Males.

I believe you have nailed it.

And for the defense to lose focus for a crucial road game because their middle linebacker got himself suspended is a real indictment of their maturity level.
The offense did play decently though not as sharp as normal. Hooker looked like he had lost his best friend on those sideline camera shots.
I'm thinking this team has been unified and playing for each other for two seasons now and this conflict really shook them.

On a side note, did Banks intentionally desecrate the English language in his post - simply to maintain his status as a proud black man refusing to knuckle under to The Man's grammar rules, or, is he actually that uneducated, even after four years attending a major university while playing football ??
Great question. JB's actions, if true, answered it

As far as this T. There was almost a fight when Butch was here over someone stepping on it. Jauan (Rip Wheeler) Jennings told all parties involved that if anyone fought that he would fight the winner. Shockingly no one took him up on it. Maybe the T should just come up?
Jauan ‘Rip Wheeler’ Jennings lmao 🤣 now that’s funny.. I can see it though 😂

I meant coaches. If you catch coaches being dishonest it can be a problem. My point being if they make rules and someone breaks them, they have to handle the discipline appropriately regardless of who it is.

If you say “miss this meeting, and you will not play this week”, and then someone does and they don’t, but someone else doesn’t and does, that can be the beginning of very bad things for a program.

Of course it’s easier to smooth over things when winning regularly, but once some bad things start to happen, getting everyone invested properly again can be difficult.

I’m not saying any of that happened by the way. I also disagree that we should be talking much and making judgements about what for the moment are only rumors.

My main point is for those people who say rules don’t matter if you are a better player. If you break rules with known consequences, discipline needs to be consistent with what you told them it would be. Making exceptions so you can benefit short term can easily end up costing you long term.

I remember years ago bear bryant benched Joe Namath in a bowl game for violating team rules. I am pretty sure it was a bowl game.

Grades don’t affect them until a new semester iirc. Which is why you see guys randomly ineligible for the bowl games.

From the NCAA, yes, that's correct. But head coaches can put forth their own requirements. I don't remember what coach it was, but he was famous for having some of his assistants sit in on random classes weekly to make sure the players were showing up to class.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Banks' comments are BS. Heup prob threatened to dismiss him and others from team based on reports from Banks stepping on the Power T in the locker room, not doing pushups under team rules and altercation with Hooker and Milton in the locker room which would have destroyed his NFL stock value. Defensive players took sides against offensive players which is why defense and offense were disinterested and absent at SC. NIL money is at heart of this. Not going to be the last incident in college football. Credit the NCAA for destroying young men's lives who won't make it to the NFL.
So it's the NCAA's fault if someone gets upset about unequal NIL benefits and starts a fight? Nah, it's the childish fight starter's fault. It's like attacking another player over who was named a starter.
That said, rumors are by definition unproven. So let's wait and see what really happened.

Identifying contributing factors is not making excuses.
Ever do a root cause analysis?
Ultimately the the defense just plain sucks but there are factors that contribute to it.

Pot meet kettle, none of us have a job to do anything that can positively or negatively impact the team we choose to cheer for. You as am I are on a message board discussing the team and that's where it ends. Using your comment as a building Block Volnation should be comprised of one single post.
"These are the Vols"

You identified a cancer for the epic meltdown. Where was your 5Why or 8D? Should be interesting to see.

VN Store

Back