Jeremy Banks Comments

Hooker is a senior that’s star has risen a lot. We can’t legally prevent him from making money on NIL.

and you cant prevent some player from being resentful/spiteful before big games.

“What really bothers me and scares me about the whole scenario, Dan, there’s going to be so much resentment from other teammates,” Barkley said. “They’ll be like, ‘Damn, Charles is selling jerseys. He’s got a car deal. We work just as hard as him.’ Same thing with Bo Jackson. The offensive lineman – he opens up all the holes for Bo Jackson. Bo Jackson is making all this money and the offensive lineman who has to do all the work is not making a dime, I think there’s gonna be great resentment and jealousy on these teams.” -Charles Barkley

Auburn football: Charles Barkley predicts NIL resentment and jealousy

and you cant prevent some player from being resentful/spiteful before big games.

I hope these newly rich 'skill' players remember that without the big uglies keeping other big uglies from putting them on their ass. I can't help but imagine what a senior offensive lineman must think when some snot nosed fresh out of high schooler shows up and expects you to block for him just because he's a 'star'.

You listening Nico? You better spread some of that $$ around to your teammates.

Reactions: 08Vol
Reactions: vols40 and 08Vol

The teams that are going to have the most success with NIL will be the ones where the star players use some of that money to buy gifts for the rest of the team. Kind of like when Derrick Henry ran for 2K yards and got his O-line some gold and diamond chains. Big NIL guys are going to have to get together and do things like take the team out for steak dinners after wins or get them iPads after big wins or something.

Titans' Derrick Henry gives offensive linemen special gifts for 2,000-yard season

I have no "information" other than what I've gleaned here and from people like Hyams and others via podcast, etc. Basically the same info everyone here has. My post is my general OPINION of a POSSIBLE scenario of events.

OK...... Confusing.... I'll just respond with this.. Basically you take what you know, imagine the best and worst possible scenarios. The truth generally falls somewhere in between...

You have two possible scenarios, 1) Banks was suspeneded, 2) Banks decided to just stay home and not play for his own reasons (unlikely IMO). I would imagine if a player decided to stay home, on his own without a satisfactory excuse, a suspension for that might be in order.

Pretty much what I meant when I said I believed it was the missed practice combined with "other issues" that lead to a suspension and the incident with Hooker was unrelated...

OK........

Pretty sure it was a missed practice and not a team meeting. Also, it's a message board, most everything on here, including my opinions, could be classified as "gossip".

Sorry, I maybe came across not as I intended. I have nothing specifically against anything you said. What bothers me about making guesses is it doesn’t help fix anything but it can do damage unjustly when enough people believe something that is not true.

Sorry, I maybe came across not as I intended. I have nothing specifically against anything you said. What bothers me about making guesses is it doesn’t help fix anything but it can do damage unjustly when enough people believe something that is not true.
And honestly I probably misinterpreted some of what you said. I didn't mean to be critical of your post. I was trying to explain some of my reasoning. As far as guessing goes, yes, I freely admit I'm guessing at some of this. However, I do feel like I'm "guessing" on the lower end, less "out there" possibilities. In other words, I believe much of it has been blown way out of proportion.

We played so epically bad on defense, something definitely looked off. So fans need a finite reason for awfulnees we witnessed. However, it could be as simple as SC played the game of their life, got on a huge roll and we went the opposite direction, totally falling apart defensively. Teams not used to being in a situation with so much on the line often fold under the pressure.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
And honestly I probably misinterpreted some of what you said. I didn't mean to be critical of your post. I was trying to explain some of my reasoning. As far as guessing goes, yes, I freely admit I'm guessing at some of this. However, I do feel like I'm "guessing" on the lower end, less "out there" possibilities. In other words, I believe much of it has been blown way out of proportion.

We played so epically bad on defense, something definitely looked off. So fans need a finite reason for awfulnees we witnessed. However, it could be as simple as SC played the game of their life, got on a huge roll and we went the opposite direction, totally falling apart defensively. Teams not used to being in a situation with so much on the line often fold under the pressure.

Yeah that’s true. The way we lost and with the missed opportunity stings. I mean losing to them at all sucked but teams do lose to ones they shouldn’t sometimes. If it has been a close one with some bad breaks that was hard fault it would suck but feel different.

That would have been bad but I think just the way it happened was about as bad as I can remember. I have seen some bad losses and know we have been in worse spots overall than now but as far as an individual game goes, that one was as bad as any. Hopefully tonight they are back on track. Still doesn’t make the other fade away completely but it’s a step.

Reactions: m1al
Heard through the grapevine (friends are friends with some GA's) that Banks stormed into the locker room monday before USC jr. demanding $50k for the final two games from spyre (where the NIL tension came from). Also stepped on the T and hooker told him to do 10, he didn't and started getting into it with hooker and milton had to throw him up against the wall.

Heard through the grapevine (friends are friends with some GA's) that Banks stormed into the locker room monday before USC jr. demanding $50k for the final two games from spyre (where the NIL tension came from). Also stepped on the T and hooker told him to do 10, he didn't and started getting into it with hooker and milton had to throw him up against the wall.
tenor-26.gif

VN Store

Back