Jeremy Banks Comments

Discussed on the Sports Source yesterday.
Was stated the altercation was minor and both shook hands afterwards.
Apparently there's something else. Guess we'll see if he suits up for Vandy.

Reactions: Vols2018
we notice it more on our team, but I think in today’s culture it goes on at all programs

I think it happens everywhere also. I’d argue that it might be more noticeable or even common today, but it was always true. At the end of the day they are still 18-25 year on dudes. Shouldn’t really shock anyone that dumb/immature things happen at times.

Discussed on the Sports Source yesterday.
Was stated the altercation was minor and both shook hands afterwards.
Apparently there's something else. Guess we'll see if he suits up for Vandy.
Missing Team Mtg's and Grades?
Regardless we will see if CJH and Staff have created a Culture with player self discipline or not.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I would think if there were no fire where there is smoke, HH or Milton would have already squashed it publically. something happened in the locker room and it was still in the heads of the team as they pissed away the playoffs, possible NC, the Heisman, and perhaps a new years 6....

This is one individual that did not do what he was suppose to do. Not the team.
Missing Mtgs is a whole other story.
It sounds like Banks said I am not doing either and stated if you are going to discipline me for this incident then I am not going to team meeting.
Don't know the story but if Banks took a mild disciplinary action as a final straw, He may have escalated it by not attending meetings.
The Defense played bad because because there was no leader on the field and no one stepped up.
The Banks way is to act first and then think about what he has done and recover.
This way usually ends up in a no win situation.

The operative words, yours BTW, are Don't know the story.

Reactions: Zues1
I would think if there were no fire where there is smoke, HH or Milton would have already squashed it publically. something happened in the locker room and it was still in the heads of the team as they pissed away the playoffs, possible NC, the Heisman, and perhaps a new years 6....
Hooker has other things on his mind.
Milton, who knows. Has he ever spoken?

So, we are to believe that the defense just laid down because one of them wasnt with the team? I dont buy that. They didnt put in all the work to get where they were just to lay down in protest. Whats worse would be to do that with potential scouts watching some of them. Maybe just maybe, we got exposed by what many on here have said all year, our defense isnt very good.
Yea you maybe correct but there was no emotion on that field nothing like it has been all year, the team didn’t look like themselves. I’ll give USC credit but that wasn’t the same team we have watched all year so far..

Reactions: HammondB3Vol
Missing Team Mtg's and Grades?
Regardless we will see if CJH and Staff have created a Culture with player self discipline or not.

Gonna find out by Vanderbilt I suspect if this is just a disappointment that shouldn’t have happened, but that we handled right, or if we have real reasons to be concerned. Not saying a bad showing is the end of things, but keep letting bad things lead to more and righting the ship gets difficult very quickly. I think we will be fine.. Hope I’m right.

That’s what stings the most..

Nothing naive about it. They were being paid before NIL. They are also not paid by the University, but they are students at it who have expectations and rules they must follow. Plenty of paid employees in every industry, including actual professional sports, get disciplined for not following rules or meeting expectations. This happens even to people who get good results.
Again, these things go away.

If it’s a rule for a 3rd teamer, it’s a rule for everyone. You can’t start making exceptions. This ain’t pro ball (yet) where you can cut malcontents on any day.
There is no equality in big time college football, no one is treated the same but everyone is treated fairly depending on how it benefits the team.

If it’s a rule for a 3rd teamer, it’s a rule for everyone. You can’t start making exceptions. This ain’t pro ball (yet) where you can cut malcontents on any day.

Well, you can, but if/when those things start coming out or even if they don’t become public, you can very quickly have big credibility issues. Pretty hard to trust what leadership tells you, if they prove to be hypocrites.

Well, you can, but if/when those things start coming out or even if they don’t become public, you can very quickly have big credibility issues. Pretty hard to trust what leadership tells you, if they prove to be hypocrites.
Let's use the Nick Saban situation, if that's a 4th string walkon receiver who hit the girl, do you think he's still on the team? Hell no he's not

So, we are to believe that the defense just laid down because one of them wasnt with the team? I dont buy that. They didnt put in all the work to get where they were just to lay down in protest. Whats worse would be to do that with potential scouts watching some of them. Maybe just maybe, we got exposed by what many on here have said all year, our defense isnt very good.

Yes. One player with a bad attitude spoils the bunch. If true, defensive players took exception to offensive players with large $ NIL deals...caused both sides of ball to take sides. Neither defense or offense showed up at SC. Go figure.

The operative words, yours BTW, are Don't know the story.
Maybe I should have put IMO on some of my statements so you could better understand.

But it is better to assume that on a Msg board nobody really knows until they know. Then the dilemma becomes is the story that was told is true or not or a partial version of the truth.

It is none of our business to begin with and it was a decision made by the Coaches. We are going to have to live with that more than likely.

Kind of ends there with no explanation needed.

Reactions: yourecrying
9 times out of ten when something goes wrong we always try to manufacture some stupid rumors to make it make sense. How about our defense just sucks? I mean come on guys stop with the rumor crap.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017

which leadership? Coaches or Players.

I don't think the story will get watered down. I truly don't think we will know with the exception of what we have already heard.

Altercation occurred
Banks missed team mtgs
Banks Class attendance
Banks history of confrontation and conflicts

Right now this looks like a Walking-Talking Duck. It may change, but who knows.

VN Store

Back