Jeremy Banks Comments

Banks' comments are BS. Heup prob threatened to dismiss him and others from team based on reports from Banks stepping on the Power T in the locker room, not doing pushups under team rules and altercation with Hooker and Milton in the locker room which would have destroyed his NFL stock value. Defensive players took sides against offensive players which is why defense and offense were disinterested and absent at SC. NIL money is at heart of this. Not going to be the last incident in college football. Credit the NCAA for destroying young men's lives who won't make it to the NFL.
We’ll get the defense an NIL deal when they can stop a pass play and not give 10+ yard cushions for the other team to make a catch.

if any of them have a problem with Hooker or Hyatt having NIL and not them, they should rewatch tape

I know that’s harsh but…make yourself known…and not by blown coverages

Who
We’ll get the defense an NIL deal when they can stop a pass play and not give 10+ yard cushions for the other team to make a catch.

if any of them have a problem with Hooker or Hyatt having NIL and not them, they should rewatch tape

I know that’s harsh but…
It was way too easy.. I would of got a few PI's just to shake that up a bit.

Reactions: Volbrando
So, we are to believe that the defense just laid down because one of them wasnt with the team? I dont buy that. They didnt put in all the work to get where they were just to lay down in protest. Whats worse would be to do that with potential scouts watching some of them. Maybe just maybe, we got exposed by what many on here have said all year, our defense isnt very good.

Reactions: Lurker and volfeeva
Banks' comments are BS. Heup prob threatened to dismiss him and others from team based on reports from Banks stepping on the Power T in the locker room, not doing pushups under team rules and altercation with Hooker and Milton in the locker room which would have destroyed his NFL stock value. Defensive players took sides against offensive players which is why defense and offense were disinterested and absent at SC. NIL money is at heart of this. Not going to be the last incident in college football. Credit the NCAA for destroying young men's lives who won't make it to the NFL.

I dunno. Maybe, but I’m not sure. Players were being paid for at last like the last 30 years through various college football programs. Probably most of them that had big recruiting classes, in my opinion, but it’s not provable. Coaches, family members, etc have also been paid to get kids to play at places. I mean maybe all of those people were super good at keeping secrets from their teammates but I suspect players knew who was getting paid a good chunk of the time. The big difference now is it’s a lot more public, easier to flaunt, and probably kids have people in their ears telling them they deserve more and so on in a way they didn’t before. I could see that making toxic situations come around more.

I'm internally hoping that one player is not what separates us from having a decent defense or having the debacle we saw Saturday night. Did his absence cause everyone else to lay down ?

I'm internally hoping that one player is not what separates us from having a decent defense or having the debacle we saw Saturday night. Did his absence cause everyone else to lay down ?

It can’t. Even if there is some lockeroom thing at the heart of this, one guy not being there couldn’t have caused what we saw on Saturday. Other people didn’t play well enough. Either the desire just wasn’t what it needed to be or they didn’t prepare well enough. Even if Banks is so important that at least a few more on defense can’t play fundamentally sound football, there is still some blame on the coaches too. To let whatever happened get to the point where things were that screwed up is a failure of coaches to deal with whatever the situation was and get their kids priorities right.

I just hope he's pissed off when he plays Vandy...
He may not play another down.
Rules are Rules and Standards are Standards. Sounds like he failed at both.
CJH was and is not going to put up with this from any player. There is a standard to be met.
Banks has had his chances to conform and he chose not to comply.
I hate it but be gone.
If you have played on a team with certain rules for 3-4 years. Why do you choose to violate a rule with 3 - 4 games left? Why do you choose not to go to meetings?

Not so much as to lay down but I compare losing Banks on the Defensive side of the Ball as to losing a QB on the Offensive side of the ball. I may be wrong but I do think Banks played an intricate part with the defense.

It was more than likely the Coach's decision, but you can't miss meetings. The Classes eh but he possibly would have been out for the CFP because of grades.

Banks is his worst enemy and CJH may have sent a msg to the team he will not tolerate this stuff.

He may not play another down.
Rules are Rules and Standards are Standards. Sounds like he failed at both.
CJH was and is not going to put up with this from any player. There is a standard to be met.
Banks has had his chances to conform and he chose not to comply.
I hate it but be gone.
If you have played on a team with certain rules for 3-4 years. Why do you choose to violate a rule with 3 - 4 games left? Why do you choose not to go to meetings?

I completely agree, and rules exist for a reason, as do consequences. If the expectations were known and you also knew what could happen without meeting them, and then you go on to not meet them, you have to deal with what you knew might happen.

We have no clue most of us what the totality of things really are. People saying you shouldn’t miss a game for ‘petty rules’ and such though are completely wrong. Another thing is when rules are broken, the reasons for doing so, the attitude and response of the rule breaker when confronted, and so on influence the outcome. The past history of the person in question can be an important part of how severe the punishment is as well.

Coaches or leaders in any capacity can’t just let people get away with fragrantly violating rules. If people think they can get a pass because they are better than their teammates, and a coach actually does give them passes you risk a lot more than losing a game, you risk losing your credibility and whole teams.

I have no idea if the rumors are true or not. Lots of people claim to have solid sources but we’ve seen those comments many times before prove to be untrue. If they aren’t it’s not fair to Banks or the other people getting accused of quitting and so forth. If it is, then sure Banks has some blame, but it can’t be just his fault whether the rumors are true or not.

Plenty of people played worse than they are capable and expected in that game. We don’t have the full picture of why, but it really doesn’t matter, they have some fault. Leadership also shares blame. The coaches didn’t do enough to get people ready and motivated to play a team they are an over 3 touchdown favorite well enough to not only win a game they shouldn’t lose, but to lose it so badly that the loss is historically bad.

Losing games you shouldn’t happens to everyone and is part of college football. Letting things get bad enough that you are setting records in all of the wrong ways is worthy of plenty of criticism for plenty of people.

It’s not grades. Grades come at the end of the semester. If at that time, his assigned grades are substandard he could face academic sanctions and be suspended from the team. But they are not going to suspend their starting lb in the midst of a playoff run because he is in the process of failing. Complete nonsense. Has never happened.

Not really shocking no one took Jennings up on that offer. You want to fight that dude? Didn't work out too well for Hurd.

Butch was very blunt about the fact that JJ could take anyone on the team regardless of size. When I said shockingly I was being very sarcastic.

Reactions: MT_Vol
They are called STUDENT athletes for a reason. If there are rules and known consequences and you break them, then it warrants whatever those consequences are.
These are paid employees now in the middle of a playoff run who play in the best football conference in college football. Stop being so naive

These are paid employees now in the middle of a playoff run who play in the best football conference in college football. Stop being so naive

Nothing naive about it. They were being paid before NIL. They are also not paid by the University, but they are students at it who have expectations and rules they must follow. Plenty of paid employees in every industry, including actual professional sports, get disciplined for not following rules or meeting expectations. This happens even to people who get good results.

Don't know. I do know the one thing you can say about Lyle Allen, his boys performed in the classroom.
This is one individual that did not do what he was suppose to do. Not the team.
Missing Mtgs is a whole other story.
It sounds like Banks said I am not doing either and stated if you are going to discipline me for this incident then I am not going to team meeting.
Don't know the story but if Banks took a mild disciplinary action as a final straw, He may have escalated it by not attending meetings.
The Defense played bad because because there was no leader on the field and no one stepped up.
The Banks way is to act first and then think about what he has done and recover.
This way usually ends up in a no win situation.

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back