Jeremy Banks Comments

9 times out of ten when something goes wrong we always try to manufacture some stupid rumors to make it make sense. How about our defense just sucks? I mean come on guys stop with the rumor crap.
I agree on the defense but something is not right about Saturday night I guess it will be out eventually, the night was just strange and with Hooker getting hurt and what was on the line I just don’t see how the coaches couldn’t get this team hyped up to play this game.. you’re top 5 everyone is gunning for you.. I’m sure the team watched the earlier games and saw how close the games were Saturday.

which leadership? Coaches or Players.

I don't think the story will get watered down. I truly don't think we will know with the exception of what we have already heard.

Altercation occurred
Banks missed team mtgs
Banks Class attendance
Banks history of confrontation and conflicts

Right now this looks like a Walking-Talking Duck. It may change, but who knows.

The altercation wasn’t what got Banks suspended. How he handled afterwards was.

I would think if there were no fire where there is smoke, HH or Milton would have already squashed it publically. something happened in the locker room and it was still in the heads of the team as they pissed away the playoffs, possible NC, the Heisman, and perhaps a new years 6....

BS. They got their butts kicked and that is all. They need to stop thinking about that game and focus their anger toward Vandy.

The altercation wasn’t what got Banks suspended. How he handled afterwards was.

I just threw it out there so some could read with clarity as a known fact vs an assumption.

I agree, Banks doesn't have good decision making skills off the football field and should learn to process his decisions or corrective actions before he acts.

Evidently, He has never learned that actions have consequences. As you stated, not regarding the Altercation but the actions thereafter.

Let's see how the Sunday & Monday goes with Banks.

BS. They got their butts kicked and that is all. They need to stop thinking about that game and focus their anger toward Vandy.
There is indisputable tape showing haw badly our Defense has had their butts kicked....all season! This was the wost we have seen and how it would be nice to just move on to the next game if there is a cancer in the locker room it won't be that simple.

He may not play another down.
Rules are Rules and Standards are Standards. Sounds like he failed at both.
CJH was and is not going to put up with this from any player. There is a standard to be met.
Banks has had his chances to conform and he chose not to comply.
I hate it but be gone.
If you have played on a team with certain rules for 3-4 years. Why do you choose to violate a rule with 3 - 4 games left? Why do you choose not to go to meetings?
This might be one of those times when CJH had to burn down the playoffs for the long term health of the program.
The message that one player, no matter how good, isn’t above the team, is one that has to be made. It could win multiple championships down the road. If CJH did this, I support the decision 100 percent

This might be one of those times when CJH had to burn down the playoffs for the long term health of the program.
The message that one player, no matter how good, isn’t above the team, is one that has to be made. It could win multiple championships down the road. If CJH did this, I support the decision 100 percent
It’s also possible, tough love scenario.. hadn’t considered that

Reactions: Stephen Gray
There is indisputable tape showing haw badly our Defense has had their butts kicked....all season! This was the wost we have seen and how it would be nice to just move on to the next game if there is a cancer in the locker room it won't be that simple.
Not true, defense has actually been surprisingly good at times, we must have been watching different teams lol

which leadership? Coaches or Players.

I don't think the story will get watered down. I truly don't think we will know with the exception of what we have already heard.

Altercation occurred
Banks missed team mtgs
Banks Class attendance
Banks history of confrontation and conflicts

Right now this looks like a Walking-Talking Duck. It may change, but who knows.

I meant coaches. If you catch coaches being dishonest it can be a problem. My point being if they make rules and someone breaks them, they have to handle the discipline appropriately regardless of who it is.

If you say “miss this meeting, and you will not play this week”, and then someone does and they don’t, but someone else doesn’t and does, that can be the beginning of very bad things for a program.

Of course it’s easier to smooth over things when winning regularly, but once some bad things start to happen, getting everyone invested properly again can be difficult.

I’m not saying any of that happened by the way. I also disagree that we should be talking much and making judgements about what for the moment are only rumors.

My main point is for those people who say rules don’t matter if you are a better player. If you break rules with known consequences, discipline needs to be consistent with what you told them it would be. Making exceptions so you can benefit short term can easily end up costing you long term.

9 times out of ten when something goes wrong we always try to manufacture some stupid rumors to make it make sense. How about our defense just sucks? I mean come on guys stop with the rumor crap.
I mean it’s not a rumor. He didn’t travel with the team and it wasn’t due to an injury.

I meant coaches. If you catch coaches being dishonest it can be a problem. My point being if they make rules and someone breaks them, they have to handle the discipline appropriately regardless of who it is.

If you say “miss this meeting, and you will not play this week”, and then someone does and they don’t, but someone else doesn’t and does, that can be the beginning of very bad things for a program.

Of course it’s easier to smooth over things when winning regularly, but once some bad things start to happen, getting everyone invested properly again can be difficult.

I’m not saying any of that happened by the way. I also disagree that we should be talking much and making judgements about what for the moment are only rumors.

My main point is for those people who say rules don’t matter if you are a better player. If you break rules with known consequences, discipline needs to be consistent with what you told them it would be. Making exceptions so you can benefit short term can easily end up costing you long term.
Yep, enforcing rules and accountability is hard and you sometimes feel like you are shooting yourself in the foot sometimes to reach long term goals (work experience lol)

We’ll get the defense an NIL deal when they can stop a pass play and not give 10+ yard cushions for the other team to make a catch.

if any of them have a problem with Hooker or Hyatt having NIL and not them, they should rewatch tape

I know that’s harsh but…make yourself known…and not by blown coverages

And make sure self known for something good. Not public feuds with women and tone def comments about police and unnecessary 15 yd penalties

We’ll get the defense an NIL deal when they can stop a pass play and not give 10+ yard cushions for the other team to make a catch.

if any of them have a problem with Hooker or Hyatt having NIL and not them, they should rewatch tape

I know that’s harsh but…make yourself known…and not by blown coverages

Maybe the defense can get a group NIL deal from someplace like DollyWood or an area golf course…

…you know, some place that offers season-long passes.

😎

It’s not your job to provide excuses for the D. It’s CH job to fix those issues.

It’s not your job to provide excuses for the D. It’s CH job to fix those issues.

Agree. Doesn’t even matter why there are issues: locker room, some other reason. Fact is level of play was not as good as it needs to be, and didn’t even look as good as it has recently. Ultimately the staff has a responsibility to get them ready and playing at their best.

Reactions: Vol4life2

Identifying contributing factors is not making excuses.
Ever do a root cause analysis?
Ultimately the the defense just plain sucks but there are factors that contribute to it.

Pot meet kettle, none of us have a job to do anything that can positively or negatively impact the team we choose to cheer for. You as am I are on a message board discussing the team and that's where it ends. Using your comment as a building Block Volnation should be comprised of one single post.
"These are the Vols"

This girls parents should be ashamed of themselves. Lot of hate
Maybe. But her mother is an awesome singer. Have some of her songs on my Spotifly playlists

Scandinavian Musik is one of my greatest joys. They turn out some fantastic artists over there. Musik can bring the world together much better than politics IMHO.

On his Instagram story, for what it's worth:

"Wasn't about no conflict or nun like that. Get facts bro, coming back harder than ever!"

Then what are the Facts _mart _ss! May not have made any difference, but you let your team down! Go Vols!

VN Store

Back