Inflation in your World

Corporate and government debt is the biggest reason inflation won’t be “transitory”. It benefits the unholy alliance of business and government too much

The Fed is pushing the narrative of “transitory” because it gives the illusion that the vast majority of price increases are due to supply constraints related to shipping delays. They will never acknowledge that their own policies of near zero interest rates and debt acquisition have anything to do with it. Until they increase rates, taper off debt acquisition, and politicians on both sides reign in spending it will not be transitory.

Reactions: Vol8188
The Fed is pushing the narrative of “transitory” because it gives the illusion that the vast majority of price increases are due to supply constraints related to shipping delays. They will never acknowledge that their own policies of near zero interest rates and debt acquisition have anything to do with it. Until they increase rates, taper off debt acquisition, and politicians on both sides reign in spending it will not be transitory.

I'd like to get a house before the rates increase but right now it's 6 of one or half a dozen of another.

I have that exact truck as a shop truck. Mines a 4x4 and it’s name is rusty.
Mine was my father’s so I’ve only had it since 2017. While he owned it, it he used it to go to the golf course, the grocery on occasion and to Hardee’s to hang out with his buds. Since I’ve had it I’ve averaged around 7k miles a year. Other than a small crack that just materialized on the dash right in front of the steering wheel and a scrape on the rear drivers side rear fender trim it’s nearly flawless.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I wouldnt touch any long term investment right now. Dang balloon over a field of needles.

I agree and that is why I made my anology. It would be a new build but with the bad mix of supply/demand consumers are stuck. If a person has somewhere to live, ie with a relative, for a 1-2 years it might be worth the risk to sale but even that's a risk if we can get these maniacs out of office.

Reactions: Orangeburst
My thought is there’s no way prices haven’t gone up more than 10% in the US in the last year. I’d have to see the data used to arrive at that number. Groceries are up 15-20%, gas up 50%, cars up 20%+, house prices up 15%+. What’s gone down in price to balance these out to get the numbers in the 7-8% range?

My thought is there’s no way prices haven’t gone up more than 10% in the US in the last year. I’d have to see the data used to arrive at that number. Groceries are up 15-20%, gas up 50%, cars up 20%+, house prices up 15%+. What’s gone down in price to balance these out to get the numbers in the 7-8% range?
Likely the items that you don't need like televisions, car audio, etc?

The annual inflation rate has been projected to be 5.3%. Many think this is temporary and is caused by commodity shortages and supply chain disruption primarily attributable to Covid.

In my own experience I am seeing two phenomena. First, there are many things you simply cannot get at all. Appliances being a main one. and chip shortages, which if I recall correctly was emerging as a problem pre-Covid, are causing auto prices to go up.

Restaurant prices seem to me to be up 50 to 100%. That is my own experience at lunch, in particular. I see this as a function of both labor shortage issues and supply issues.

So what is the experience in your own World on this and do you think all or some are temporary?
5.3%, temporary

@oldtakesexposed come and get this man.

McDonald big breakfast with orange juice x2 3 years ago was $13 now it’s $30 with smaller portions. So much building back better, I can’t believe it.

Agreed. It's not just eggs. Eggs are just easy to notice because people purchase them so often. It's goods and services across the board.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Agreed. It's not just eggs. Eggs are just easy to notice because people purchase them so often. It's goods and services across the board.
Heck they are paying 12 to 15 dollars an hour to ask if you want fries with that.
As usual it gets passed onto the consumer which some people actually deny the existence of that phenomena. Mind boggling.

Reactions: BreatheUT
5.3%, temporary

@oldtakesexposed come and get this man.

Ha! Notice how I said "many think" and it turned out to be wrong? Who else does that a lot ??? Someone who uses that phrase.... Can't guite place it.....

200w.gif

200w.gif

How to Talk Like Trump

• A lot of people are saying …
  • People think it’s going to happen.
  • Everybody’s talking about it.
  • They are saying …
  • Everyone is now saying …

Rent free. Need to put you on the prayer list at church.

I'm just saying, I referred to the phrase once and the anti-Biden folks mock it; whereas Trump said it every week and when he said it you all nodded in agreement, "Yup, people are saying that so it must be true."

Fact by right wing consensus is not, you know, actual fact.

I'm just saying, I referred to the phrase once and the anti-Biden folks mock it; whereas Trump said it every week and when he said it you all nodded in agreement, "Yup, people are saying that so it must be true."

Fact by right wing consensus is not, you know, actual fact.
I bet you cannot go a week without mentioning Trump.

Reactions: volinbham
Ha! Notice how I said "many think" and it turned out to be wrong? Who else does that a lot ??? Someone who uses that phrase.... Can't guite place it.....
As we've pointed out many times, the people you listen to are morons. The people in your "many think" group have no clue what's actually going on. The policies they put in place make it impossible yet you bought their temporary/transitory line since you understand economics less than they do

VN Store

Back