Inflation in your World

lawgator1

The annual inflation rate has been projected to be 5.3%. Many think this is temporary and is caused by commodity shortages and supply chain disruption primarily attributable to Covid.

In my own experience I am seeing two phenomena. First, there are many things you simply cannot get at all. Appliances being a main one. and chip shortages, which if I recall correctly was emerging as a problem pre-Covid, are causing auto prices to go up.

Restaurant prices seem to me to be up 50 to 100%. That is my own experience at lunch, in particular. I see this as a function of both labor shortage issues and supply issues.

So what is the experience in your own World on this and do you think all or some are temporary?

The annual inflation rate has been projected to be 5.3%. Many think this is temporary and is caused by commodity shortages and supply chain disruption primarily attributable to Covid.

In my own experience I am seeing two phenomena. First, there are many things you simply cannot get at all. Appliances being a main one. and chip shortages, which if I recall correctly was emerging as a problem pre-Covid, are causing auto prices to go up.

Restaurant prices seem to me to be up 50 to 100%. That is my own experience at lunch, in particular. I see this as a function of both labor shortage issues and supply issues.

So what is the experience in your own World on this and do you think all or some are temporary?

I can't get a spot lock GPS trolling motor or a lower unit for my Yamaha outboard.

This is a problem.

I can't get a spot lock GPS trolling motor or a lower unit for my Yamaha outboard.

This is a problem.
Check out BOEMarine. They’ve got the freshwater MotorGuide Xi5 I want back in plentiful stock now. Theyve got several MINNKOTA models too

Check out BOEMarine. They’ve got the freshwater MotorGuide Xi5 I want back in plentiful stock now. Theyve got several MINNKOTA models too

Thanks but I need the saltwater version. have my heart set on the new Rhodans. I'd also consider the Minn Kota's but can't find any for my application.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Food, gas.

Also seeing the "value engineering" effect where food portions are reduced either to keep price the same or only up modestly.

was speaking with a local soft drink bottler and they've stopped production on the less core line variations (eg. vanilla coke) due to can and other shortages and focused on making sure the most popular versions are their products are in supply. You can see it in the grocery store - some of your favorite line extensions are missing.

I think the term "transitory" has considerable variation - some think of it as a few months; for others 2 years or more would still fall under the term "transitory". From what I've seen it's more the latter than the former.

I work for a lab provider. Plastics are vital to our industry. Aliquot plastic tubes are on back order along with numerous containers used for various lab tests. This has an impact on TATs even for something as simple as a Vitamin D result. Luckily, a partial amount of the order arrived recently but I fear this is going to be the norm for the foreseeable future (heck it has been going on since the early part of 2020). These supply issues could delay patient care if the situation gets worse.

Thanks but I need the saltwater version. have my heart set on the new Rhodans. I'd also consider the Minn Kota's but can't find any for my application.
They carry both fresh and salt water equipment no idea if they carry that brand but I’d be shocked if they don’t. I just use fresh water gear is all. That looks very similar to the Xi5, no tethered foot pedal. That’s one reason I want the Xi5 it’s got a wireless pedal to give me more flexibility and a cleaner deck.

They are certified mechanics and might score the Yami lower too.

I just checked they carry that TM brand no idea if they have stock on the model you want. They are the cheapest place I’ve found on the web.

https://www.boemarine.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rhodan+trolling+motor

Here is the one I’m buying. My boat isn’t a heavy barge so I can live easily on a 24V 80lb TM.

https://www.boemarine.com/motorguid...118323194&mc_cid=1bd28ea2a3&mc_eid=cd16bd8f37

They carry both fresh and salt water equipment no idea if they carry that brand but I’d be shocked if they don’t. I just use fresh water gear is all. That looks very similar to the Xi5, no tethered foot pedal. That’s one reason I want the Xi5 it’s got a wireless pedal to give me more flexibility and a cleaner deck.

They are certified mechanics and might score the Yami lower too.

I just checked they carry that TM brand no idea if they have stock on the model you want. They are the cheapest place I’ve found on the web.

https://www.boemarine.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rhodan+trolling+motor

Here is the one I’m buying. My boat isn’t a heavy barge so I can live easily on a 24V 80lb TM.

https://www.boemarine.com/motorguid...118323194&mc_cid=1bd28ea2a3&mc_eid=cd16bd8f37

Looks like all the Rhodans are on backorder there too.

Looks like all the Rhodans are on backorder there too.
Ah ok. Might be worth a call to see when they expect restock they move huge volume and I’d guess get favorable stocking from mfgrs. When I bought my MinnKota charger last year on a special it was on back order. I called them and they pointed out they get restock weekly. I had a shipping number about four days after I placed an order on back order

As a manufacturer, it's hitting me in all areas.

My labor cost have went up probably 50%. I've have to admit, I am paying for quality and I have high quality guys, probably the best ever.

I use 1000's of pounds of aluminum and it's through the roof. Lead times have went from 4-8 weeks to 26 weeks for extrusions. I was paying $2.25/lb last year and are now paying around $3.00. I was told this morning to expect $5.00/lb by the first of the year.

Everyone knows what lumber has done. It is receding a bit. I use FRP (Fiberglass reinforced panels which contain wood). I ordered product which normally has a 8 week lead time. Was told 22-24 weeks. Place the order back in April. Got an email in June that they were accessing a 40% surcharge and if I didn't like it I could cancel the order.

It's ridiculous and eventually crash.

Food, gas.

Also seeing the "value engineering" effect where food portions are reduced either to keep price the same or only up modestly.

was speaking with a local soft drink bottler and they've stopped production on the less core line variations (eg. vanilla coke) due to can and other shortages and focused on making sure the most popular versions are their products are in supply. You can see it in the grocery store - some of your favorite line extensions are missing.

I think the term "transitory" has considerable variation - some think of it as a few months; for others 2 years or more would still fall under the term "transitory". From what I've seen it's more the latter than the former.

If they get rid of Vanilla Coke because of the virus, then I will say it will have all been worth it.

As a manufacturer, it's hitting me in all areas.

My labor cost have went up probably 50%. I've have to admit, I am paying for quality and I have high quality guys, probably the best ever.

I use 1000's of pounds of aluminum and it's through the roof. Lead times have went from 4-8 weeks to 26 weeks for extrusions. I was paying $2.25/lb last year and are now paying around $3.00. I was told this morning to expect $5.00/lb by the first of the year.

Everyone knows what lumber has done. It is receding a bit. I use FRP (Fiberglass reinforced panels which contain wood). I ordered product which normally has a 8 week lead time. Was told 22-24 weeks. Place the order back in April. Got an email in June that they were accessing a 40% surcharge and if I didn't like it I could cancel the order.

It's ridiculous and eventually crash.

My good friend runs a construction company that installs soffits for all the big boys, Pulte, Beazer, Lennar, Taylor Morrison & DR Horton and he absolutely goes through a s-ton of aluminum. He's echoing exactly what you're saying, he says that he keeps calling his PO guys at the builders and tells them his pricing is going up 30% and they're like - "whatever you say." They get it, supply is low and prices keep skyrocketing.

Interestingly enough, these builders used to pre-sell all of these homes, now they aren't selling them until they're complete. No more selling it for x only to find out that the real cost to build was x+40%. But here's the thing, they still can't build them fast enough.

My good friend runs a construction company that installs soffits for all the big boys, Pulte, Beazer, Lennar, Taylor Morrison & DR Horton and he absolutely goes through a s-ton of aluminum. He's echoing exactly what you're saying, he says that he keeps calling his PO guys at the builders and tells them his pricing is going up 30% and they're like - "whatever you say." They get it, supply is low and prices keep skyrocketing.

Interestingly enough, these builders used to pre-sell all of these homes, now they aren't selling them until they're complete. No more selling it for x only to find out that the real cost to build was x+40%. But here's the thing, they still can't build them fast enough.
I have two contract to fulfill worth a little south of $1M. It's gonna hurt.

Medical device materials are beginning to be a problem. Certain metals are scarce and supply is limited. This will increase surgical case costs and hinder outcomes.

VN Store

Back