Inflation in your World

Engine suppliers (heck all suppliers) are trying their damndest to keep up with boat manufacturers. Not sure when service and after market shelves will ever get stocked.....crazy.

I've even considered repowering completely with a Mercury and even a (suzuki). geezus.

I've never had anything but a Yamaha.

Reactions: allvol123
I've got a mechanic that thinks he can rebuild it with cannibalized parts, but doesn't want to warranty it.

Not sure what I did, I either tattooed a sea turtle, a manatee or a log. I think it was a turtle...
There's a marine salvage yard in Mississippi where I've gotten some parts. I'm a Honda OEM and some of the old stuff isn't available and I've found them there for customers that needed repair parts. I think I've ordered a lower unit from them. I think you can google used outboard parts in Mississippi.

I know Yam and Merc are completely fubar'd right now.

I've got a buddy who repowered with a merc and he got stranded offshore because a single sensor failed. A least with the Yamaha's I've had, you could run the things until they blew up but they wouldn't be completely crippled by a bad sensor. These things are getting too high tec...Hell I had a 2 stroke Yam 115 on an old flats boat that I'm fairly certain i could have shot it with a .357and it'd still run so long as I kept oil in it.

I've got a mechanic that thinks he can rebuild it with cannibalized parts, but doesn't want to warranty it.

Not sure what I did, I either tattooed a sea turtle, a manatee or a log. I think it was a turtle...
Slow down!;)

They had a "Great White" Series that was for salt water and it was fine, I guess. I wasn't nice to it.
All of the newer motors are heads above the old stuff on technology. Switching digital motor amplifiers that are more efficient and extend battery life. But I think all but the Lowrance Ghost still use a brushed DC motor which is crazy in the day and age. The brushes wear out. Granted it’s an easy repair but just no need for it now. I don’t know much about that brand you have warmed up to but they appear to be as proud of them as the Ulterra and Ultrex MINNKOTA families and those are bullet proof.

All of the newer motors are heads above the old stuff on technology. Switching digital motor amplifiers that are more efficient and extend battery life. But I think all but the Lowrance Ghost still use a brushed DC motor which is crazy in the day and age. The brushes wear out. Granted it’s an easy repair but just no need for it now. I don’t know much about that brand you have warmed up to but they appear to be as proud of them as the Ulterra and Ultrex MINNKOTA families and those are bullet proof.

Rhodan is a brand local to my area (in Sarasota).

The customer service is supposed to be first rate and it's not a huge company.

I've got a buddy who repowered with a merc and he got stranded offshore because a single sensor failed. A least with the Yamaha's I've had, you could run the things until they blew up but they wouldn't be completely crippled by a bad sensor. These things are getting too high tec...Hell I had a 2 stroke Yam 115 on an old flats boat that I'm fairly certain i could have shot it with a .357and it'd still run so long as I kept oil in it.

Watching from the current view of watching the sausage being made...I'd be wary of any large purchase at this point. QC departments around the world are turning a blind eye so goods can ship and the doors can stay open....stay close to shore....

Reactions: midnight orange
Its an odd configuration. People have money to spend and are in need of goods and services. Can't find the goods and services.

Our fridge went out the middle of April. It took us to the middle of August to get a replacement. That was very annoying!

I've even considered repowering completely with a Mercury and even a (suzuki). geezus.

I've never had anything but a Yamaha.
If you can’t get a rebuild on your lower hit the web for a used one to limp along. Plus being in Florida check out Chris Carson Marine.

I’m a diehard Merc 2-stroke fan but I’d be hard pressed to repower just for a lower unit. I’m guessing is a 4 stroke SHO those are great motors.

Watching from the current view of watching the sausage being made...I'd be wary of any large purchase at this point. QC departments around the world are turning a blind eye so goods can ship and the doors can stay open....stay close to shore....

Agreed. That's a good point.

Reactions: allvol123
Rhodan is a brand local to my area (in Sarasota).

The customer service is supposed to be first rate and it's not a huge company.
They look just like the MG series I’m going to go with. The Xi5 is quite a bit lighter than the same Ultrex point and less money. My boat only weights around 2200-2300lbs so I try to avoid needlessly hanging a huge ass TM on it. Plus with wireless control it’s such a clean deck.

For a local company like that which I could just roll up to I’d give it a hard look too

If you can’t get a rebuild on your lower hit the web for a used one to limp along. Plus being in Florida check out Chris Carson Marine.

I’m a diehard Merc 2-stroke fan but I’d be hard pressed to repower just for a lower unit. I’m guessing is a 4 stroke SHO those are great motors.

I can get it rebuilt, and probably will but when you're offshore there's peace of mind in knowing that your engine will do what is necessary to get you back to the dock.

I rented jet skis on the ocean for the first time ever.

Boating on the ocean is so much more fun.
Fact but I was able to join the Vol Navy with an insurance client and that was quite the time!

I can get it rebuilt, and probably will but when you're offshore there's peace of mind in knowing that your engine will do what is necessary to get you back to the dock.
I know you have Seatow or BoatUS?

They look just like the MG series I’m going to go with. The Xi5 is quite a bit lighter than the same Ultrex point and less money. My boat only weights around 2200-2300lbs so I try to avoid needlessly hanging a huge ass TM on it. Plus with wireless control it’s such a clean deck.

For a local company like that which I could just roll up to I’d give it a hard look too

The spot lock/gps features are absolute game changers when fishing in 100 feet of water. Currently you have to figure out what the tide is doing, what the wind is doing and then drop the hook. Then HOPE that you did the math right and that you're over the 20 sq ft area where the fish finder marked structure and fish. With these new gps trolling motors you just hit a button and fish.

Fact but I was able to join the Vol Navy with an insurance client and that was quite the time!

I have never ever considered buying a boat of any kind until I was on the ocean. I also like ocean fish much more than lake fish and could see myself fishing bin the ocean on my weekends. Oddly the lake not so much.

Freakin panhandlers on every corner now - a couple I saw today, one eating Chickfila and another with new Air Jordans

VN Store

Back