Inflation in your World

We bought the wife a new car at end of May. Another Lexus RX350 to replace her 13 year old one. There was literally ONE vehicle in the entire southwest that matched what she wanted. There wasn’t enough KY on hand to ease that abuse.

Reactions: McDad and allvol123
Its an odd configuration. People have money to spend and are in need of goods and services. Can't find the goods and services.

I went to a Pilot gas station on my way to work Tuesday morning and they were out of coffee because of supply shortages... Yes, Pilot was out of coffee.

60", i think.

200w.gif

My good friend runs a construction company that installs soffits for all the big boys, Pulte, Beazer, Lennar, Taylor Morrison & DR Horton and he absolutely goes through a s-ton of aluminum. He's echoing exactly what you're saying, he says that he keeps calling his PO guys at the builders and tells them his pricing is going up 30% and they're like - "whatever you say." They get it, supply is low and prices keep skyrocketing.

Interestingly enough, these builders used to pre-sell all of these homes, now they aren't selling them until they're complete. No more selling it for x only to find out that the real cost to build was x+40%. But here's the thing, they still can't build them fast enough.

I own a construction company and we specialize in high-end homes, mostly on Sea Island. Its almost ridiculous the amount of construction that's going on and the prices people are willing to pay for it. I continue raising my prices simply because we are booked for at least 6 months and it's like the clients don't even bat an eye.

Reactions: McDad
It isnt odd at all. Where tf did people think goods and services were going to come from when you tell people to sit at home?

Dumbest moment in human history
I had to tell that to my sister when she was talking about needing another lockdown. I was like who is going to butcher the meat or bake the bread?

Gonna be for awhile.

Marine industry is shredded and recovery is awhile off.

I've got a mechanic that thinks he can rebuild it with cannibalized parts, but doesn't want to warranty it.

Not sure what I did, I either tattooed a sea turtle, a manatee or a log. I think it was a turtle...

Reactions: allvol123
Went to 3 dealerships last week to service family vehicles. Had to do a double take at all of them. Thought for a moment they had moved or out of business. The only people doing anything in there are the service people.
Eh I'm doing ok. Not my normal numbers, but decent enough

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
I've got a mechanic that thinks he can rebuild it with cannibalized parts, but doesn't want to warranty it.

Not sure what I did, I either tattooed a sea turtle, a manatee or a log. I think it was a turtle...

Engine suppliers (heck all suppliers) are trying their damndest to keep up with boat manufacturers. Not sure when service and after market shelves will ever get stocked.....crazy.

VN Store

Back