Inflation in your World

oi644pthi8la1.jpg
I just found a container of it in my cabinet, I'm rich bi#$h!

I bought my house in 2018, and at the time it cost about $75 for a 35 lb bucket of chlorine tabs for the pool. It's over $200 now.

My beef? Crispy broiled bacon wrapped lobster tail and deep-fried battered prawns are both more expensive and harder to find in my area now. I'm not sure whether to cuss out the Chinese or dayum infaltion.

Reactions: 508mikey
My pump and filter have seen better days. I shoukd make the switch

Liner or gunite pool? When we built ours the pool builder recommended against salt for a liner pool, said it can lead to rust problems behind the liner. Friends of ours found had to replace some sections around their stairs when they replaced the liner.

Reactions: volfanhill
Liner or gunite pool? When we built ours the pool builder recommended against salt for a liner pool, said it can lead to rust problems behind the liner. Friends of ours found had to replace some sections around their stairs when they replaced the liner.

Wow, I had forgotten those exist. I haven't seen an in-ground pool with liner since I moved away from the south 25 years ago. Must be some climate-related reason I don't see those here in the desert. Good looking out, tho.

Wow, I had forgotten those exist. I haven't seen an in-ground pool with liner since I moved away from the south 25 years ago. Must be some climate-related reason I don't see those here in the desert. Good looking out, tho.
How did you like the desert snow this morning?AZ Snow.jpg

A gunite pool was going to be almost twice the cost of the liner pool, I'm cheap so...

Reactions: AM64
My pump and filter have seen better days. I shoukd make the switch

You'll be glad. Mom & dad switched. Each spring after the initial chem load to clear the pool up, the salt maintenance was maybe a bag a week or so. Hundreds in pool chems per month down to maybe $50 of salt. Whatever the conversions are in the pump system convert the salt to chlorine. But, ya'll already knew that....

Or, maybe they started out on salt. Can't remember.

That part is true. My parent's above ground eventually decayed at the bottom. And up under the top cap. It was an after build addition, so it was a large above ground oval with a nice full deck surround. Where it came off the house basically made it look like a built-in. You stepped down to the main deck. They're gonna rust out anyway, but not as quick. With salt it lasted about 20 years give or take. And maybe 3 liners.

Prolly don't see many single wides either. Could be economic reasons they all got gunite pools out there....lol.

My high-end built-in refrigerator (no freezer) died after 8 years. It was 2 grand when new, replacement is $4200. Feels like inflation.

My high-end built-in refrigerator (no freezer) died after 8 years. It was 2 grand when new, replacement is $4200. Feels like inflation.

Got a superb high end Frigidaire 27 cu ft French door. bottom freezer. 2 icemakers for $2100 this past fall at Electronic Express. Correction...DT McCalls.

Everyone has a store brand but this was a like to like comparison.

Give me Publix, I don't have time for Aldi

We save far too much going to Aldi first. Can't give that up with tighter budgets now. Even an occasional stop at Big Lots where the oil of olay soap is cheaper. All of the stops in my town are no more than a mile apart on two main drags and one crossover. Not losing much time or gas to multi store shop.

Since it's a build in with custom cabinetry, I think I'm locked into another Electrolux or something of that class. Bought it then because they were made in US (actually Memphis) but they subsequently closed that plant and opened one in Mexico. PO's me off. A Sub-Zero or Viking would fit but they are $8000 to $16,000. I just can't bring myself to pay more for a frig than a car costs. Ought to just turn my pantry into a walk-in.

Everyone has a store brand but this was a like to like comparison.

Give me Publix, I don't have time for Aldi
Walmart has to online pick up. Takes less time and we save 50-100 bucks per grocery trip without dealing with the nuts of Walmart

VN Store

Back