Inflation in your World

but you used him to excuse your own failed prediction/assessment - it wasn't something about the upcoming election

it was the equivalent of: "Yeah? well you're a poopyhead" response

No, I was pointing back to the premise of my original comment, which was that a lot of so-called experts on the economy (not simply Biden) urged a year ago that the spike we saw in inflation included a lot of transitory elements. They were right to some degree, but wrong as well.

That got turned into, inflation is all Biden's fault. A weak argument given the criticism now made of the Fed for not acting faster on interest rates to slow it down. This is akin to the "I did that" stickers on gas pumps. Cute and temporarily salves the frustration of the poorly informed GOP electorate. But hardly accurate.

If you wantto blame inflation solely on the Fed, that's a mistake. If you want to blame it solely on Covid, that's a mistake. If you want to blame it solely on Biden's spending, that's a mistake. And if you want to blame is solely on Trump's spending, that's a mistake.

No, I was pointing back to the premise of my original comment, which was that a lot of so-called experts on the economy (not simply Biden) urged a year ago that the spike we saw in inflation included a lot of transitory elements. They were right to some degree, but wrong as well.

That got turned into, inflation is all Biden's fault. A weak argument given the criticism now made of the Fed for not acting faster on interest rates to slow it down. This is akin to the "I did that" stickers on gas pumps. Cute and temporarily salves the frustration of the poorly informed GOP electorate. But hardly accurate.

If you wantto blame inflation solely on the Fed, that's a mistake. If you want to blame it solely on Covid, that's a mistake. If you want to blame it solely on Biden's spending, that's a mistake. And if you want to blame is solely on Trump's spending, that's a mistake.
You should make a list of all the predictions you have made since your time on this board. Then look at how many were correct. Look at that percentage. Then ask yourself "If I am wrong this often how stupid am I?" That would be some quality self reflection for you.

You should make a list of all the predictions you have made since your time on this board. Then look at how many were correct. Look at that percentage. Then ask yourself "If I am wrong this often how stupid am I?" That would be some quality self reflection for you.

I did not make a prediction, at all. I recounted the statements of a number of experts, noted what I was seeing in my own day to day experience, and asking folks here what they were experiencing. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did not make a prediction, at all. I recounted the statements of a number of experts, noted what I was seeing in my own day to day experience, and asking folks here what they were experiencing. Nothing more, nothing less.
I was referring to your general record on predictions, and then self reflecting, and applying that learning to all of your thinking.

Yeah all that respect the country would gather would really suck right along with the secure borders.

You think Trump earned respect internationally?

giphy.gif

Yeah, man, that's some mad respect right there.

I'm just saying, I referred to the phrase once and the anti-Biden folks mock it; whereas Trump said it every week and when he said it you all nodded in agreement, "Yup, people are saying that so it must be true."

Fact by right wing consensus is not, you know, actual fact.
🙏

Fortunately inflation hasn't really been noticed on my end as my salary has increased 38% since Covid started. I'm a lucky one. But I'd still love to have the new paychecks minus inflation.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back