Indiana Board Post on Jennings

My take on this is - if SEC felt it was intentionally done, he should not be allowed to play another game in collage. If it was a maybe or not sure, then how can you suspend for half a game on a maybe.

Cause that's the SEC office for you. Don't know what to do? Can't determine definitively? Then they just pull something out of their @$$ and go with it. Does not have to be logical or reasonable.

“What Juan Jennings did is completely different than the targeting calls that should have been called in IU’s favor. During a scrum on the sidelines during the Vandy game, he stepped, very purposely, on the head of a Vandy player and raked his cleats down the helmet. This is just the latest in a laundry list of issues this guy’s had. Most folks I’ve talked to here in Knoxville are done with him and would have preferred he was dismissed. It’s really a shame. He’s an NFL talent and he’s short circuiting his own opportunity”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(deep breath)

Say this in Bobby Knight’s voice

Does Shockley get as outraged when uga players go knee-hunting? It's ingrained in that trash program.

Oh. Guess not then. Okey dokey.

There’s no way Shockley came up with that segment Either ESPN or SEC network wrote that story for him He’s just an errand boy for the network

He obviously didn't care where his foot was going, but with the others bumping around him there's just no way to prove it was intentional. I don't mind a suspension, but j agree wirh the writer either the whole game or not at all.

Had he been ejected as the SEC office obviously felt he should've been, he'd have been automatically suspended for the first half of the bowl game. They're just righting the "wrong" of not ejecting him, basically.

Reactions: Other_Guy
Had he been ejected as the SEC office obviously felt he should've been, he'd have been automatically suspended for the first half of the bowl game. They're just righting the "wrong" of not ejecting him, basically.

Riiight, because the SEC office and the NCAA have a long history of getting things right.

Reactions: Slydell
It's been repeatedly stated here that Vandy was getting their azzes handed to them and they were frustrated. They took to talking smack on the field and JJ don't like them anyway so he decided the punt return was a good opportunity to shut 'em up. Just part of football on rival week and Chizk on the SEC network stated, nothing unusual, this type of play is happening all over the country this week. Bottom line..........blown out of proportion.

I get the first bit. Blown out of proportion? To a degree. But he is missing the first half. And had a Vandy player done what Jauan did, they would have been making justification, and we would not see their point. Now I hope I never have to repeat that. Giving any part of Vanderbilt any benefit at any time seems dirty. So, our players in the future should never cross that line again.

I don’t know anyone “done with him” NOW.

I do remember a lot of people being done with him two years ago after the Instagram rant. I was more upset that an interim coach who obviously didn’t care if he won the last few games or not, was allowed to dismiss one of our best players.

Then I even remember some random dude I met while picking up pizzas going off on JJ during the UGA game last year. All I could do was shake my head... Ironically he was also thumping his chest about how much he loved Jeremy Banks.

It didn’t look good to me. I’d hate to see JJs career end with that but he’s fortunate to get a half suspension. Jmo.

SEC has been very inconsistent handing out penalties also.

“What Juan Jennings did is completely different than the targeting calls that should have been called in IU’s favor. During a scrum on the sidelines during the Vandy game, he stepped, very purposely, on the head of a Vandy player and raked his cleats down the helmet. This is just the latest in a laundry list of issues this guy’s had. Most folks I’ve talked to here in Knoxville are done with him and would have preferred he was dismissed. It’s really a shame. He’s an NFL talent and he’s short circuiting his own opportunity”

(deep breath)

😂

Reactions: VOLSONLY
To be fair, there’s a 90% chance it was intentional.
To be fair, there’s a 99% chance you’re 90% correct 50% of the time...so I guess there‘s a 45% chance your statement is 100% accurate. As for the punishment...if there’s a 90% chance the act was intentional, a fair punishment would be JJ sits for the first 54 minutes of regulation play. But he only has to sit for 30. So there’s a 100% chance we done good, given the alternative.

I hate that he is suspended, but I think the suspension is justified. It really sucks, but it does send a message that we can't have that kind of BS going on. I just wish the SEC would have allowed the Vols to suspend Jennings rather than the SEC offices doing it.

I dunno ya’ll. Watch the video slowly, does it look like he’s on the ground and being scrappy with the other guy? Definitely ....but as he’s getting up he looking around and when the “step” takes place he’s not looking down at the Vandy player, at all. I would think, in a typical situation, if he was looking to maliciously stomp on the guy he’d be looking at him at least a little to ensure he landed the blow. Maybe he’s trying to make it look unintentional but there’s a lot of gray around it.

Still doesn’t make it acceptable, but looks to me like he plain made a bad foot placement while trying to stand

VN Store

Back