Indiana Board Post on Jennings

To all the self-appointed judges and juries: Nobody knows intent OR purpose..Except JJ..Of course it didn't look good..I personally wished it hadn't happened..But I GUARANTEE you if it could be proven intentional, JJ would not be suspended for just the 1st half of the bowl game.....

JMHFO

To be fair, there is no conclusive evidence showing that. How does one conclude intention of another person?
Thought police are everywhere. Just make **** up and sling it. There are plenty of weak minded individuals that won't bother making their own decisions as long as someone else tells them what to think.

“What Juan Jennings did is completely different than the targeting calls that should have been called in IU’s favor. During a scrum on the sidelines during the Vandy game, he stepped, very purposely, on the head of a Vandy player and raked his cleats down the helmet. This is just the latest in a laundry list of issues this guy’s had. Most folks I’ve talked to here in Knoxville are done with him and would have preferred he was dismissed. It’s really a shame. He’s an NFL talent and he’s short circuiting his own opportunity”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(deep breath)

This is DJ Shockley signed in on the Hoosier board :rolleyes:

The hit was legit and in bounds. I thought vandy team tore helmet off. Nothing to show JJ did that. Whether step (not stomp) was intentional it's impossible to say.

I personally don't think it was and that he was caught up in the things going around him and never looked down. But I also think he wasn't sorry at all when he found out about it. That response, also still in the fog of the moment, is why some think it was intentional. He should have immediately apologized but again I don't think he realized how it looked until he saw it on video. I think if he knew he intentionally stepped on him, he would have been quicker to apologise actually.
Vandy number 88 jumped in and grabbed JJ, pushed him around and then let him go. He should have been the one suspended. No way JJ keeps firm footing being shaken by 88 plus our guys. Whole thing is ********.

My take on that was he wanted to get out of the way so he could celebrate a great hit. He wasn't looking where he was stepping, but where his teammates were so he could chest bump someone. Understandable thing to do, unfortunate in the outcome.

Look at it again. Vandy players were coming to confront him. The best you can say is he hit the returner right at the sideline, knocking him across the orange tarp into various sideline stuff. Then, he raised up and did some taunting behavior. A staff member came over to defuse the situation. Then some of the Vandy players came off the field. Not to aid their teammate, but to confront Jennings. Chest bump? That much of your take is horse crap. And he was not "celebrating". He was POed.

His only real defense is if he had intentionally stomped on his head, the player would have probably been bleeding. I think his foot came down as the first Vandy player got to him, because he was looking at him, and not where his foot was going. In reality, Jennings should have, after they stopped riding the slip and slide, he should have gotten up, and walked back toward the field. Or maybe helped the opponent up, and then said something snarky. No getting around the obvious. Jennings made some bad choices in those few seconds.

Just from your screen name, I suggest you stay off the beach. You may be getting way too much sun. As to whatever you are mastering? Make sure I am not there when you are.

Reactions: 08Vol
I
Guys he's one of ours and I hope he has a great second half. But its my opinion the step on the guys head was most likely intentional. If you're now standing over a man you've been wrestling with on the ground you pretty much know where he is. Take off the Orange shades and accept it for what it is.
guess you didn't notice the two Vanderbilt players coming to the players aid that hit him from behind to try and pull him off and the general scrum gong on around him. At first glance, I would say most people didn't even notice he had stepped on the Vanderbilt player until they showed the numerous replays. I didn't notice it myself until the second time it was shown. I was noticing the nearly maniacal rant he was on and I really don't think he even knew where he was for a minute or two. Once again, frustration got the better of JJ.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
The hit was legit and in bounds. I thought vandy team tore helmet off. Nothing to show JJ did that. Whether step (not stomp) was intentional it's impossible to say.

I personally don't think it was and that he was caught up in the things going around him and never looked down. But I also think he wasn't sorry at all when he found out about it. That response, also still in the fog of the moment, is why some think it was intentional. He should have immediately apologized but again I don't think he realized how it looked until he saw it on video. I think if he knew he intentionally stepped on him, he would have been quicker to apologise actually.

As to the incident in question, nobody but Jennings was there when it came off. Dislodged by the hit? Maybe. But the Vandy player tearing off his own helmet while laying on his back? No. His teammates weren't there. Now were they trying to do that at other points in the game? Yes. And I am sure that is what led to that.

I hate saying it but it did appear he did step on that guys head intentionally...Hell he even said on the sidelines he stepped on that guys head...He was very hyper and excited and words were probably exchanged after the tackle...The punishment is just and he'll get to come back in the 2nd half and be Indiana's nightmare.

LOL. You sure are willing to give JJ plenty of Artistic Latitude. He knew what he was doing; I'm just glad the other guy wasn't seriously hurt. That could have been a Haynesworth Moment. If your brother commits a crime, Is he not still guilty in spite of your connection to him, and your desire to play it down? Yes.

I hear America's Best has a deal where you can get 2 pairs of glasses and an eye exam for $69. If you're broke I can loan you the money to get some glasses so you can go back and watch the replay because it's obvious you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Don't try and lump everyone in one group and that ALL of us know he did it intentionally we just won't admit it because he's a UT player. No, I won't admit to it because it didn't happen as you describe.

I hate saying it but it did appear he did step on that guys head intentionally...Hell he even said on the sidelines he stepped on that guys head...He was very hyper and excited and words were probably exchanged after the tackle...The punishment is just and he'll get to come back in the 2nd half and be Indiana's nightmare.

Wrong.

Look at it again. Vandy players were coming to confront him. The best you can say is he hit the returner right at the sideline, knocking him across the orange tarp into various sideline stuff. Then, he raised up and did some taunting behavior. A staff member came over to defuse the situation. Then some of the Vandy players came off the field. Not to aid their teammate, but to confront Jennings. Chest bump? That much of your take is horse crap. And he was not "celebrating". He was POed.

His only real defense is if he had intentionally stomped on his head, the player would have probably been bleeding. I think his foot came down as the first Vandy player got to him, because he was looking at him, and not where his foot was going. In reality, Jennings should have, after they stopped riding the slip and slide, he should have gotten up, and walked back toward the field. Or maybe helped the opponent up, and then said something snarky. No getting around the obvious. Jennings made some bad choices in those few seconds.

Just from your screen name, I suggest you stay off the beach. You may be getting way too much sun. As to whatever you are mastering? Make sure I am not there when you are.

Holy cow!!! Did I piss in your Cheerios this morning? As far as Beachmaster, that is what I did in the Navy, amphibious landings in Nam. I don't really think you could make it on any beach I was on, and you probably didn't have the courage to be on a beach I was on anyway.

“What Juan Jennings did is completely different than the targeting calls that should have been called in IU’s favor. During a scrum on the sidelines during the Vandy game, he stepped, very purposely, on the head of a Vandy player and raked his cleats down the helmet. This is just the latest in a laundry list of issues this guy’s had. Most folks I’ve talked to here in Knoxville are done with him and would have preferred he was dismissed. It’s really a shame. He’s an NFL talent and he’s short circuiting his own opportunity”

(deep breath)

(deep breath)

Idiocy.

Lot of silliness in this thread. In real time it is absolutely impossible to tell if it's on purpose. Watching it in slow motion tells you nothing because these things (including intent) don't happen in slow motion. A lot of things look avoidable in slow motion that are not at real speed.

Aside: reviews on targeting and other ejection questions (basketball and football) should always be viewed in real time. If you cannot tell if something was intentional or avoidable in real time then it probably wasn't.

Lot of silliness in this thread. In real time it is absolutely impossible to tell if it's on purpose. Watching it in slow motion tells you nothing because these things (including intent) don't happen in slow motion. A lot of things look avoidable in slow motion that are not at real speed.

Aside: reviews on targeting and other ejection questions (basketball and football) should always be viewed in real time. If you cannot tell if something was intentional or avoidable in real time then it probably wasn't.

Good point.

There's been so much written about this incident. However, I've never read whether the Vanderbilt player in question was ever interviewed about it or ever spoke up about it. I would have thought that something would have been said by either that player or the closest Vanderbilt players if he had actually stepped on the players head or face with his cleats, whether intentionally or not. Seriously, does anyone have access to an interview or written story from the Vanderbilt perspective? It would be great if we could prove that the GA A Hole of an announcer was dead wrong, and make as much stink about that as he did with his rant.

My take on this is - if SEC felt it was intentionally done, he should not be allowed to play another game in collage. If it was a maybe or not sure, then how can you suspend for half a game on a maybe.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
As to the incident in question, nobody but Jennings was there when it came off. Dislodged by the hit? Maybe. But the Vandy player tearing off his own helmet while laying on his back? No. His teammates weren't there. Now were they trying to do that at other points in the game? Yes. And I am sure that is what led to that.
It's been repeatedly stated here that Vandy was getting their azzes handed to them and they were frustrated. They took to talking smack on the field and JJ don't like them anyway so he decided the punt return was a good opportunity to shut 'em up. Just part of football on rival week and Chizk on the SEC network stated, nothing unusual, this type of play is happening all over the country this week. Bottom line..........blown out of proportion.

It's been repeatedly stated here that Vandy was getting their azzes handed to them and they were frustrated. They took to talking smack on the field and JJ don't like them anyway so he decided the punt return was a good opportunity to shut 'em up. Just part of football on rival week and Chizk on the SEC network stated, nothing unusual, this type of play is happening all over the country this week. Bottom line..........blown out of proportion.

But but...muh JJ.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
giphy-11.gif
This thread is full of cupcakes and cry babies thinking they know what someone else was thinking. How about you put you unbelievable knowledge toward something useful like trash talking the OPPONENT instead of one of our own or not I don't really care!!!
GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back