Heupel’s offense is not innovative

Who claimed it is “innovative”? After the garbage we’ve endured past three years, at least we’re doing anything to score and give us a chance! It’s OP’s like this that taint VolNation into misery! Jeez can’t you people enjoy anything?

I will side with General George S Patton here……
“A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.”

The fast paced offense is very fun to watch, but it is going to get us killed vs. Ala.

After watching the first half of Bama vs Gators, I change my Ala. prediction to 68-17.

Do we need to upgrade our scoreboard to allow for triple digit scores ? 103 to 17? (for some of you clowns, this is blue font)

if we went undefeated and won a NC. Some of you would find something to complain about. SMDH

My senior year I took a friend of mine from Greece to his first American football game. We got our student tickets, but we sat where my parents had season tickets, as they knew there would be some open seats that game. The season ticket holders in front of us spent the entire game yelling loudly for Fulmer to be fired. We weren't beating UAB badly enough, they claimed, and we wouldn't be able to overtake Ohio State in the polls. We ended up beating UAB only 37-13, but Monday morning we were six spots ahead of OSU, and we went on to salvage a halfway decent season . . .

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
People find **** to Bitch about even though we win by 56. We can go 15-0 and people would still B!tch about it.

You don’t know what you’re talking about! Just you wait, in 4 years we are gonna be competing for Outback Bowl titles again!

With Hooker Milton play the run and we have two turnovers at least and get stuffed because neither has eyes to see filed. Play Bailey and we might be 2 dimensional. However, he has not had enough game work.
What did you see form Bailey that was so much different than hooker snd milton that makes you believe he is the better option?

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
With Hooker Milton play the run and we have two turnovers at least and get stuffed because neither has eyes to see filed. Play Bailey and we might be 2 dimensional. However, he has not had enough game work.
Bailey was sacked multiple times on plays that Hooker or Milton wouldn’t have been sacked on. I do believe Bailey prolly had a better deep ball than either Milton or a hooker. But Hooker gives us our best chance to make it to bowl game this year.

Reactions: onecrazytj
We ain’t going 15-0 anytime soon, when that happens and people bitch they will be stupid.
Well people will still Bitch. Win by 56 snd people aren’t happy because the great white hope isn’t starting. We was supposed to take care of business today and we did. Look at other teams around the country today or last weekend that played FCS teams that didn’t take care of business.

Reactions: golf437
The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?

Dan Gable was arguably the best college wrestler ever.
Everyone knew what he was going to do. And there was nothing anyone could do about it.
It doesn’t have to be fancy. It has to work. Will Hypel’s system work vs the big guys. We all hope so but I have no idea. At least now I’m not apprehensive of being on upset alert for every game we play.

Reactions: Volatility
Never did I think I would live to see the day where people are bitching about a 56-0 win. Now I remember why I quit spending so much time on this site.

Well people will still Bitch. Win by 56 snd people aren’t happy because the great white hope isn’t starting. We was supposed to take care of business today and we did. Look at other teams around the country today or last weekend that played FCS teams that didn’t take care of business.

We beat a bad FCS team, if you actually look at our play we didn’t play very well on either side of the ball. Still way too many stupid mistakes bad play calling and terrible tackling. We’re not a good football team and the Gators will beat our brains out.

Dan Gable was arguably the best college wrestler ever.
Everyone knew what he was going to do. And there was nothing anyone could do about it.
It doesn’t have to be fancy. It has to work. Will Hypel’s system work vs the big guys. We all hope so but I have no idea. At least now I’m not apprehensive of being on upset alert for every game we play.

It’s not going to work because it will wear out our defense.

The Hypes offense is bush league and incapable of being successful in short yardage or goal line situations.

I think it has mode to do with an o-line that is not SEC-stout than the offense itself. Plenty of other teams are effective running a similar style.

Not to worry. We will dazzle our opponents with a blazing pace, a muriad of 3 and outs and so many heavily camouflaged screen plays that our opponent's defense will wilt at our feet.
We are gonna open the playbook against Florida!!....

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back