Heupel’s offense is not innovative

We have 1 dimensional football talent, probably a bottom third SEC program, 1 dimensional leadership in the athletic department and 1 dimensional leadership at the university,

The highlight of the day is the $1 million paid for the buy game will stay in the state of Tennessee

I don’t think people are necessarily complaining about the win. They are extrapolating the play on the field today to conference play…and it’s not looking rosy.
I get what you are saying but complaining about something that hasn't happened yet is insane.

The Hypes offense is bush league and incapable of being successful in short yardage or goal line situations.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Maybe I just imagined it, but is there something a little strange with Bailey's delivery? I was streaming so no DVR to fall back on but did anyone else feel like Bailey's delivery is almost like a "wind up" and a bit slow compared to Hooker and Milton? Not picking on the kid. Really did seem like there was kind of a "hitch" to his throwing motion.
Yeah he takes as long as humanely possible to get the ball out.

He will never start here in this system.

He needs a pro style offense.

And in the O/W game he was playing against wall ons…Where’s Jancek?

I am probably most baffled of all by takes that reference the spring game for any reason. How many times have we seen a huge spring game performance by a player who never does anything in fall? It's a yearly tradition. Spring games are not real games with real football situations. Especially for the QBs who have no contact jerseys.

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
I think the deficiencies we are seeing is from a lack of skill and quality depth. They’ve dialed up great plays however the players fail to execute them. The offensive line is terrible, and I would agree that the running game is very predictable and will be non effective in SEC play.

prepare to be roasted for telling the truth
I mean the offense aint built on innovation so he is speaking truth. The problem with the comment is being innovative isnt neccessary in this situation. Its a simple offense and not a ton of plays to remember. The speed in which the plays are run is the key. You dont have to be a genius if you can execute those plays at a high level. This offense is designed to be faster then the fastest offenses. The best advantage you can have in football is being ready to run your play while the defense is trying to get lined up. This gets pass rushers tired and makes an innovative coach run a vanilla scheme. It also offsets the depth issue for UT. Its hard to play alot of guys vs UT bc the next play is underway as soon as the ball carrier hits the ground on the previous play.

Yeah cause whining about it is going to change things

Neither is blowing sunshine up everyone’s azz. Hopefully the Hype can at least stabilize the program and consistently win 6-7 games by the time he’s shown the door after year 4/5.

Reactions: NEO
You dont have to be razzle dazzle to be “innovative”……

Clemson and Bama and OU’s offenses are really simple when you break them down. The athletes running said offenses are the difference compared to majority of schools.

Huepel has to kill it recruiting wise and bulk the athletes up to hang with the big boys. This lack of innovation offense we have is going to allow us to hang in most games outside of the Bama and UGA games.

We can really make no meaningful conclusions on any aspect of this team until after next Saturday. We finally have a real measuring stick ahead

VN Store

Back