Heupel’s offense is not innovative

ONLY Volnation could find a reason to complain about a 56-0 win. It doesn't matter who we played. It was a warm up for next week. We played a bunch of people that normally don't play. We moved people around. We created turnovers. Oh, WE WON for cryin out loud. Honest to God, if we went undefeated and won a NC. Some of you would find something to complain about. SMDH

Leach’s is much more sophisticated…he doesn’t believe in runningbacks. 😎

With Hooker Milton play the run and we have two turnovers at least and get stuffed because neither has eyes to see filed. Play Bailey and we might be 2 dimensional. However, he has not had enough game work.

ONLY Volnation could find a reason to complain about a 56-0 win. It doesn't matter who we played. It was a warm up for next week. We played a bunch of people that normally don't play. We moved people around. We created turnovers. Oh, WE WON for cryin out loud. Honest to God, if we went undefeated and won a NC. Some of you would find something to complain about. SMDH

Very happy with the win, defense played really well. The offense through 3 games from a play calling standpoint is not what I thought we were getting in JH

I don’t think people are necessarily complaining about the win. They are extrapolating the play on the field today to conference play…and it’s not looking rosy.

I think tempo....wider splits from the WRs...and the desire to push the ball down the field in passing are the 3 biggest differences between this and anything else we have seen at UT.

There is nothing unique in the calls or designs versus what you can see most teams running around the game nowadays though.

Reactions: Coach_Z
How much of that was created by the defense? Again, 410 yards vs Tenn Tech??
You have to put the 417 in context. We had a 96 yard drive and the next longest one was 52. The defense gave us such good field position we didn’t have long drives to pile up yards. Then the defense scored on a pic so the offense didn’t get a possession.

I agree. When he was hired, I thought our offense was going to be fun to watch. I’ve been disappointingly bored with our offense so far.

Offense actually showing a pulse for the first time in years, we're averaging over 40 points a game but this guy is bored lol

yall are funny.

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
I believe he is calling what the players do well and not asking them to do to much

Reactions: lexkyvol
Think you are basing this too much off us running well in the end vs an exhausted bad team. I think Hooker or Milton is our best chance. Hooker did well enough he’d protect the ball

Reactions: lexkyvol
The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?

Its year one. He wants team to not think too much and slow everything down. See last staff.....doesnt matter how complicated it is as long as it works

Reactions: 12 Monkeys

VN Store

Back