Heupel’s offense is not innovative

I mean u gotta work with the horses u got..Most folks won't judge until Jackson get here and he has a chance to implement his offense and scheme with his own qb.U gotta rem none of these qbs are his,most this team isnt.Yea he's brought a few dudes in,but ill give him time to do his thing.At this point what the hell we got to lose guys n gals??Do I think this offense can work here,in the SEC hell no lol am I sitting back hoping for the best and giving the dude a chance,yeah ain't got sh*t else to lose.

I think tempo....wider splits from the WRs...and the desire to push the ball down the field in passing are the 3 biggest differences between this and anything else we have seen at UT.

There is nothing unique in the calls or designs versus what you can see most teams running around the game nowadays though.

Agree, that was my only point. But apparently peeps are hyperventilating

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
Maybe so, but I'm seeing a lot of WR behind the secondary. If we can find a way to get the ball to them, this offense can work. Of course, it remains to be seen how it will fare vs the SEC gauntlet.

Reactions: fifties fan
THIS IS Butch Jones all over again! But, at a faster pace.
I hear ya…but the difference is the offense looks better then ANY Jones offense ever did. We actually get in a position to make a play. Jones ran left, right, pass ….punt every series

People here never cease to amaze me with their bad takes and complete lack of football knowledge. Huepel's offense is about pace of play and creating maximum space. His plays/schemes have created open look after open look and we are scoring in bunches. It may not seem "innovative" whatever the hell that means, but it's a modern offense that is embraced across football now. We fell desperately behind everyone trying to run Fulmerball the last three years and most of the players on the roster were recruited for that purpose.

I agree. When he was hired, I thought our offense was going to be fun to watch. I’ve been disappointingly bored with our offense so far.
There were a lot of UCF fans who were not sorry to see him go. Same complaints. Far to much emphasis on the deep ball. Just like Gus, it won't be long before SEC D coordinators peg our offense. At that point, the talent deficiency, especially at QB, will make the offense look even worse.

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
Is an innovative offense the same as innovative music?

At some point there just isn't something different. There just isn't.

Reactions: The Original Fade
Definitely, that’s the exact definition of his offense. But it has to be kept relatively simple for the players to be able to operate at such a quick pace from play-to-play.

People here never cease to amaze me with their bad takes and complete lack of football knowledge. Huepel's offense is about pace of play and creating maximum space. His plays/schemes have created open look after open look and we are scoring in bunches. It may not seem "innovative" whatever the hell that means, but it's a modern offense that is embraced across football now. We fell desperately behind everyone trying to run Fulmerball the last three years and most of the players on the roster were recruited for that purpose.
If we aren’t running flea flickers and WR passes people think the play calling is bad. Sad.

First game announcers said they only run a handful of plays, they just run them a lot. Nothing special.

VN Store

Back