Heupel’s offense is not innovative

Wait until sec play. This hurry up offense is going to take its toll on our defense. 3 and out within 20 seconds is the exact opposite of what a thin D needs to halfway compete.
Well Kentucky, Vandy, USC, and Missouri aren’t as good as every makes them out to be. I have seen enough already from those 4 teams to believe that we will beat those 4.

How can I defend that debacle?
We are not playing like we should yet. But I do believe we have a better coach than what we had since Lane Kiffin. While Hueple wasn’t my first choice for UT to hire, he is most definitely an improvement over what we have had.

He doesn't get many snaps in practice and he was throwing to the 3rd team so don't write him off that quickly. You know what he did last season and during the O&W game.

If we need him he will do fine.
O&W game definitely sold me. Intra squad games are always the deciding factor.....

We are not playing like we should yet. But I do believe we have a better coach than what we had since Lane Kiffin. While Hueple wasn’t my first choice for UT to hire, he is most definitely an improvement over what we have had.

I hope you are right. So far I don’t see it but I’m rooting for the guy.

I agree 100% with this statement. So that begs the question, are they being taught and developed now?

Only time will tell. But they look a lot better this year than they did last year. Still not quality sec caliber.

So you thought JG was a good QB? Seen you didn’t deny that.

Sorry, didn’t think I needed to deny that. JG could have been a good QB had he been coached properly but no he wasn’t a good QB.

You’re welcome to go back in time, I called how bad Pruitt would be the day he was hired and was blasted for being a negavol.

Only time will tell. But they look a lot better this year than they did last year. Still not quality sec caliber.

I’m reserving any comparison to last year until we start playing conference opponents.

I hope you are right. So far I don’t see it but I’m rooting for the guy.
How do you not see that he is an improvement over the previous coaching staff? Not making any excuses for Hueple but he came into a bad situation. Name a coach that took a job in the shape UT is in right now? We had 30 players leave to the portal and 3 kicked off the team in March. Also we have 70 scholarship and supposed to have 85. Even though we got players in through portal also but it wasn’t near enough to offset what we lost.

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?

I have an idea, let's run all the great plays so Florida has some really good tape to study and so our fans can dissect them and point out all the misreads and bad calls. That is my thoughts.

How do you not see that he is an improvement over the previous coaching staff? Not making any excuses for Hueple but he came into a bad situation. Name a coach that took a job in the shape UT is in right now? We had 30 players leave to the portal and 3 kicked off the team in March. Also we have 70 scholarship and supposed to have 85. Even though we got players in through portal also but it wasn’t near enough to offset what we lost.

The simple fact that we have played 2 bad teams and 1 mediocre one that we lost to. So there isn’t enough data to say this staff is any better than the last one.

Sorry, didn’t think I needed to deny that. JG could have been a good QB had he been coached properly but no he wasn’t a good QB.

You’re welcome to go back in time, I called how bad Pruitt would be the day he was hired and was blasted for being a negavol.
I am willing to admit I was one of those that looked at the star ratings with JG and thought he was gonna be good considering the amount of teams recruiting him including Bama. But after seeing him play I realized very quickly someone got it wrong with him. He was rated as a dual threat QB in high school but yet I have seen 2 legged dogs faster than him. But Pruitt was hot garbage from day 1. Pruitt wasn’t even good enough to get a high school HC job in Alabama but yet Fulmer thought it would work in college.

VN Store

Back