Grant Gator chomping deserves its own thread!

Refalytics Judd says that now league play has begun Grant Williams won’t get the same foul calls he got earlier in the season. Says it’s because coaches turn in notes to the league complaining that Grant gets too many foul calls. The refs follow the notes and Williams will get hacked all year and not get the calls.

I bring it up because Florida will turn in this gator chomp feed and complain. Refs will follow along and Grant will likely get a ticky tack technical called on him very soon, or against the Gators later this year.
Turn it into who, the SEC? They aren’t going to look at something like that. They didn’t look into Gator players flipping off our fans or piss filled balloons being thrown. They are not going to look at a gator chomp after a game.

Reactions: Alto1
If we come out and play our game in the first half we win easy. I don't care what the Vegas line was.

You have to be smart enough to realize that sometimes your opponent and officials have something to do with how you play...we aren’t going to waltz out there and beat every SEC team by 35.

Reactions: Smokeyman
Obviously the student section was taunting the team and individual players all throughout the game..If I could hear the chants, I'm sure some other things were said as well. The players went right to them and gave them a little taste of their own medicine. I enjoyed it. If you didn't, are you even a vol fan?!

That was a tough road game, and I'm sure our boys fended off more than a few N's this and FU that's. C'mon guys it is Gainesville. I'm glad they chomped the way out! 'Twas the best thing of my 2019 so far.

Reactions: FlVols and OWB
Gator players can do it to opponents with no penalty but if an opponent does it, it’s classless?

Reactions: TBvol
I hate to question you superstition. But, basically, no matter what happens after a 13&0 natty it'll be considered a decline.
giphy.gif

Did Schofield get specific about what they were saying? And don't the seats at Florida's little gym look closer to the bench than they are at any other arena? They sit right on top of you. What a little dump.

Reactions: FlVols
Did Schofield get specific about what they were saying? And don't the seats at Florida's little gym look closer to the bench than they are at any other arena? They sit right on top of you. What a little dump.

I think we can imagine, and if we can't exactly, I'm sure we can think up something really close.

Grant is such a smart, talented and driven guy - he's every college coach's dream. I think it's completely unreasonable to expect him to be an emotionless robot in a situation like this. It's not like he was running around flipping people off.

Reactions: twoffo
Soooo it's ok if Florida does it to us but we are not allowed to do it them?...They say it is classless?....Hmmm, well at least they are at least admitting they are a bunch of classless asshats….Good to know....They deserved every single chomp our boys gave them tonight...Florida can suck it...They have taunted us for years and now they are pissed because we gave them some back...Too damn bad!

A lot of sensitive comments in here , calling it poor taste or whatever. Stop being offended by every little thing that dont seem to fit your life. I was hoping the whole team would run around the court doing the chomp. Who cares. I have seen Fla fans and players doing it to other schools on their courts.

No need to run over there and engage them. Calmly walking off the court and pointing at the scoreboard would have been more than enough. Dumb move by those two team leaders. It won't surprise me to see them issue an apology. It was low class.

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm. An apology? Really? For doing an animal themed gesture after hearing F Bombs all night? You need to get a life.

Except that we should be doing the Gator chomp with arms extended overhead, starting in a V position. Call it the Vols victory vice or some crap like that. Dare the officials to call it to expose the hypocrisy.

Reactions: v0ltan

VN Store

Back