Grant Gator chomping deserves its own thread!

Why? This team over came an inspired effort by Florida, harassment by Florida fans and one-sided calls from the refs. What omen code was broken by celebrating this win with the Gator chomp? It's one game played against a tough rival at their place. Enjoy the win.

Attachments

• 4643240ceb7a034a40b41477aa9fb2d8--florida-gators-football-gator-football.jpg
    4643240ceb7a034a40b41477aa9fb2d8--florida-gators-football-gator-football.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
This thread would really be useful if anyone needs to come up with a tailgate invitation list. Some of you need to give that stick a slight loosening.

Reactions: Smokeyman
Not a good look. Act like you've been there. Great close out after playing a medicre game though.

According to senior forward Admiral Schofield, that emotion had been building for the entire game thanks to the way Florida fans were treating him and his teammates.

“Their fans were chirping a lot, even behind our bench,” Schofield explained to reporters after the game. “Some things were said from fans that were older fans, not even students. Alumni, maybe. Just disrespectful. Inhumane.

“I won’t repeat what was said. But it’s a basketball game at the end of the day, no matter if it’s Tennessee vs. Florida or Michigan vs. Ohio State. It’s a sport. No one should be called names like that.”

Not a good look. Act like you've been there. Great close out after playing a medicre game though.
Generally, I agree, but then read Admiral postgame comments about stuff alumni/gator fans were saying to them on our bench...

Our own fans making a big deal of this is akin to Penny making a big deal of the "balled fists". Its a non-story. Move on, enjoy the win, and enjoy the fact these kids have some personality. None of them are problems off the court. Many are honor students. They are great ambassadors in the community. I love that they are passionate on the court and if that spills over to a little mockery of a silly rival hand gesture following a big road win, I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. Enjoy this season, because its special. Each second you choose to spend on finding the tiniest flaw in it is a second wasted not enjoying the finest season of my lifetime.

Last edited:
Except that we should be doing the Gator chomp with arms extended overhead, starting in a V position. Call it the Vols victory vice or some crap like that. Dare the officials to call it to expose the hypocrisy.
This is actually a damn good idea!

Reactions: OneVolNation
Florida players seem to be allowed to do this anytime in a game. Have they ever been penalized? Probably once or twice idk. It’s a taunting gesture and I can’t even count the numerous times I’ve seen it after 1st downs and touchdowns. Loved it, gator tears are my favorite!!

Reactions: IPleadInsanity
Crikey....

49789511_2070389706376218_4175078081410629632_n.jpg

I think we can imagine, and if we can't exactly, I'm sure we can think up something really close.

It might not be racial. Heck, everyone good gets heckled on the road. Moms, GFs, past performances, etc are all free game. It can get ugly, crude and downright vulgar.

Soooo it's ok if Florida does it to us but we are not allowed to do it them?...They say it is classless?....Hmmm, well at least they are at least admitting they are a bunch of classless asshats….Good to know....They deserved every single chomp our boys gave them tonight...Florida can suck it...They have taunted us for years and now they are pissed because we gave them some back...Too damn bad!
They are just sore losers... they can dish it out but can’t take it, the definition of a bully, they are just to stupid to realize it.

It might not be racial. Heck, everyone good gets heckled on the road. Moms, GFs, past performances, etc are all free game. It can get ugly, crude and downright vulgar.
Absolutely correct. That’s why you don’t get your panties in a wad when you get it back in your face. If it were P.C. I’d call them sissies but since it’s not, I won’t.

Reactions: livefaith
whatever, I just feel pretty good today...dang good hard fought game...excellent team victory, and,

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

VN Store

Back