Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

It's hard for all the coaches we have ask Barnes and the Weekly's in softball. None of them are doing that well after losing several key players.

Lady Vols essentially lost 3 high school all americans before the 3rd game of the season. Yes two were to transfers but they could have helped and Zaay to me was a big loss because she would help with the development of Horston because you have another guard that is fast and could be on the break with Horston , Rae, and Davis. Plus you could bench her more than you could now.

Lady Vols essentially lost 3 high school all americans before the 3rd game of the season. Yes two were to transfers but they could have helped and Zaay to me was a big loss because she would help with the development of Horston because you have another guard that is fast and could be on the break with Horston , Rae, and Davis. Plus you could bench her more than you could now.
Well we lost Westbrook, Green, Green, Jackson, and Collins. Green, Westbrook and Jackson were starters on last year's team. Hard to not say two of them back Green and Westbrook would not have elevated us just a little more than where we are now.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I’m sorry but it’s about representation, marketing and facts. If you want to grow the game you need to have visible representation for those most likely to be part of the game. There a tons of young women of all races who would be both better and more appropriate.
Don't want this to get political but there are already tons of young women of all races giving visable representation on broadcasts. Not like there aren't any. We'll have to agree to disagree . Hard and fast rule for me, no one is ever deemed inappropriate or incompetent on the basis of race or age.

We have to get much more consistent play out of Davis, Burrell, and Massengill. That is if Horston can stay where she was today which is certainly not a given.
Davis is consistent and may give you more if she didn't have to play too many minutes. Kellie keeps her on the court for scoring and to keep opposing teams focus on her. Jas is the culprit that needs to do more on both ends
of the floor.
Nothing wrong with Sugar Rae. Sugar Rae ....save
the day. Lol.
Watching from the bench has improved Jordan.
FREE Emily.

Davis is consistent and may give you more if she didn't have to play too many minutes. Kellie keeps her on the court for scoring and to keep opposing teams focus on her. Jas is the culprit that needs to do more on both ends
of the floor.
Nothing wrong with Sugar Rae. Sugar Rae ....save
the day. Lol.
Watching from the bench has improved Jordan.
FREE Emily.
Rae has that dumb play and four turnovers, but she did make some huge baskets down the stretch. I think she will be an awesome player as a junior and senior. She is getting far more coaching this season you can tell than she got as a freshman. Davis still looks a little weak on the court from that flu never seen her miss so many easy shot as she did today. Were better this season even without Westbrook, Green, Green, Jackson, and Collins.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Rae has that dumb play and four turnovers, but she did make some huge baskets down the stretch. I think she will be an awesome player as a junior and senior. She is getting far more coaching this season you can tell than she got as a freshman. Davis still looks a little weak on the court from that flu never seen her miss so many easy shot as she did today. Were better this season even without Westbrook, Green, Green, Jackson, and Collins.

Something I noticed from the baseline shots her follow through on her shots have looked “off”. Usually that hand is pointed towards the basket but lately it’s been off to the right some. I dunno it just looks off

Reactions: Volfan2012
He’s just a basketball gossip. I don’t understand why he is given a segment year after year. The target for women’s college basketball should be young women and girls.

Basketball is particularly popular with minorities. What 15yo girl what’s to listen to some odd 50yo white man talk about women’s basketball? Get some people in there who they will identify with!! It’s not that hard.
I know what you mean about Creme and I agree with you! The rest of your comment is uncalled for!

Reactions: vettefool
Missouri State 71 Indiana State 48 7 minutes to go in the game. Kellie should've stole a couple of their players.

Tough game to watch. Some of our players had serious brain fart issues, especially in the fourth quarter. Thanks for Burrell, she should be player of the game.

Reactions: vettefool
If we tie with LSU ? What is the tie breaker? For seeding in tournament?
We'll either be sixth or seventh so not much difference regardless. I think unless we have a better SEC record than LSU they get the tiebreaker because they go down the list and they beat Texas A&M and split with us. We both lost to SC and Miss St, so to third which is A&M right now they have a win. That would give them the higher seed if we both went say 10 and 6 or 9 and 7.

Tough game to watch. Some of our players had serious brain fart issues, especially in the fourth quarter. Thanks for Burrell, she should be player of the game.
Burrell came through late but that first quarter miscue was the largest anyone made in the game. Made three huge baskets late that really were the difference in the game.

Reactions: teacherdean
We have two players who came to play today, Horston and Davis.
We are up only 3 early in the 3rd quarter. The announcers keep saying that if we lose, we would be out of the NCAAT. It would be a disaster if we lose today.
Lou as well..she always gives 100%..

Reactions: aretha57

VN Store

Back