Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

We have generally sucked at inbounds plays all year. We do have a few nice ones inside to Davis but there have been too many times that it has been an adventure. This needs to be fixed, if not now, then the off season.

Actually the inbounds plays this year have been higher than last. I am pretty sure I saw that on a graphic earlier this year.

Bouncing it off the outta bounds line and letting an inbounds go right pass you actually has been a place turnovers haven’t really happened this year it’s when the ball gets in play that all #£!! Breaks loose 😂

Let me make a shoutout to the Baseball Vols kicking butt again two ranked teams number six and number 25 Stanford go down also unranked Houston. Vols coming home 7 and 0 on the season.

This felt more like a loss than a win

*Vandy missed a ton of wide-open shots, had a high number of unforced turnovers and played low IQ basketball.
* Tennessee shot 35% fg, 13% 3ptfg & 68% ft...And only outrebounded a much smaller Vanderbilt team by 5

The only positive I take from this game is the first-half performance of Horston. You can clearly see Horston has the physical/athletic tools to be one of the better players in the country. She just needs to get stronger(mentally/physically), hone her skills and play with a higher IQ.

Sure you don't mean it to be but I find this post borderline offensive. Because no one can or should identfy with someone a different age or race? If Creme is bad he's bad, but not because of race or age JMO

I’m sorry but it’s about representation, marketing and facts. If you want to grow the game you need to have visible representation for those most likely to be part of the game. There a tons of young women of all races who would be both better and more appropriate.

This felt more like a loss than a win

*Vandy missed a ton of wide-open shots, had a high number of unforced turnovers and played low IQ basketball.
* Tennessee shot 35% fg, 13% 3ptfg & 68% ft...And only outrebounded a much smaller Vanderbilt team by 5

The only positive I take from this game is the first-half performance of Horston. You can clearly see Horston has the physical/athletic tools to be one of the better players in the country. She just needs to get stronger(mentally/physically), hone her skills and play with a higher IQ.
Well the shooting percentages is why it was close. We missed more than Vandy did they shot 42 percent. The two key positives were 24 offensive rebounds to their 15 and 19 turnovers for them to our 14. The rebounds ended up so close because we couldn't make a shot 27 of 72. If we make 37 of 72 nobody is complaining it all came down to winning without being able to shoot so although ugly better than losing. It feels nothing like a loss to me. The A&M felt more like a loss and it was because we missed those 10 foul shots.

Actually the inbounds plays this year have been higher than last. I am pretty sure I saw that on a graphic earlier this year.

Bouncing it off the outta bounds line and letting an inbounds go right pass you actually has been a place turnovers haven’t really happened this year it’s when the ball gets in play that all #£!! Breaks loose 😂
I don't care what the statistics show. I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes. Just because it didn't result in a turnover doesn't mean it was a good inbounds play. It was horrendous the first part of the year. It has gotten a little better, but it's no where near as smooth as it should be.

Alabama giving Miss St a rough time game is close like ours. SC ten point lead on Kentucky in the third going about as expected. Georgia is pounding LSU early which may not be good news for us.

I don't care what the statistics show. I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes. Just because it didn't result in a turnover doesn't mean it was a good inbounds play. It was horrendous the first part of the year. It has gotten a little better, but it's no where near as smooth as it should be.
An inbounds play I think would work for this slow team is to line everyone up in a straight line all the way across the court evenly take three or four steps when the ball is handed off and then everyone run forward. I think someone would come open. I see them use this in the NBA and think I saw Oregon use it as well.

We have a lot of bad FT shooters. The only regular players who are over 70% are Jazz, Davis, and Brown.
I know that is why we lost to A&M. You would think a junior like KK would be better. I think the smart move for Vandy would've been to foul KK off the ball and make her shoot probably what I would've done. We had the three best in there with Horston and KK.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I think it is hard to coach young players freshmen and sophomores. I am positive that Burrell has been told 100 times about play for the last shot. That mistake she made in the first was huge possible 9 point lead became a four. Those are the huge mistakes that give the other team momentum and cost you games. She made some plays in the last half that saved us, but that one mistake really energized Vandy.
It’s not hard for good coaches. KH will not elevate us to the top.

VN Store

Back