Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

I’m sorry but it’s about representation, marketing and facts. If you want to grow the game you need to have visible representation for those most likely to be part of the game. There a tons of young women of all races who would be both better and more appropriate.
This is better. You played the minority race card on the other post and it was offensive!

Rae has that dumb play and four turnovers, but she did make some huge baskets down the stretch. I think she will be an awesome player as a junior and senior. She is getting far more coaching this season you can tell than she got as a freshman. Davis still looks a little weak on the court from that flu never seen her miss so many easy shot as she did today. Were better this season even without Westbrook, Green, Green, Jackson, and Collins.
Thought I heard Kellie say on post game show she can't
find time to give Davis less minutes. That's fatigue not
the flu.

I don't care what the statistics show. I know what I've witnessed with my own eyes. Just because it didn't result in a turnover doesn't mean it was a good inbounds play. It was horrendous the first part of the year. It has gotten a little better, but it's no where near as smooth as it should be.

Well then what you care about is your own opinion and not what the stats may show ... that’s fair but don’t p!$$ on my leg and tell me it’s raining when it’s just your perception of what’s going on 😂

PS it sure is a #€!! of a lot better than it looked last year. Now Continue on 😃

I still think Key can be a dominant player up to her how hard she wants to work in the off season. McCoy just a player that can fill in for you a few minutes she is never going to bring much offense. Jazz is as inconsistent an offensive player as you will ever see. Lou was front rimming everything today if she only make two or three of those not such a tough game.
Lou may be worn down, bad leg and all....

Reactions: Dube and Volfan2012
You hoped the ladyvols lost?? Why are you on this board???

You would think we hear enough about the lady vols not doing the little things that cost us games we should win. So we win one with a team who was shaky on confidence against a rival who is always trying to prove a point. Kellie has said her team needs to have that killer instinct that isn’t built over night.

People b**** and complain about a win (which I get in some aspect) but last years team LOST with more experience and talent. So this year’s team does what it needs to win and people complain. It’s sorta comical and before anyone tries and say I’m settling NOPE I just see the team for what it is and where it’s trying to go.

Rae has that dumb play and four turnovers, but she did make some huge baskets down the stretch. I think she will be an awesome player as a junior and senior. She is getting far more coaching this season you can tell than she got as a freshman. Davis still looks a little weak on the court from that flu never seen her miss so many easy shot as she did today. Were better this season even without Westbrook, Green, Green, Jackson, and Collins.
Tough to say we wouldn't be better with mimi and green....might have to disagree..

This team does not have a true post up player with offensive skill. All of them just try and use strength and height. No footwork to speak of and just overall skill that it takes. When I watch Boston from Sc she came in ready made for posting in this league. But saying this even though I would take her this year and next if T Key works hard at obtaining this skill she has more upside than Boston due to her length and ability on D which should get better as well. But for now it really puts so much pressure on our perimeter players and sometimes you can see them forcing to much.

Well then what you care about is your own opinion and not what the stats may show ... that’s fair but don’t p!$$ on my leg and tell me it’s raining when it’s just your perception of what’s going on 😂

PS it sure is a #€!! of a lot better than it looked last year. Now Continue on 😃
So now we are complaining about kellies inbound plays!!!!

We'll need to see what she can do with her own players since she is using Kellie's right now. I doubt she would be doing any better with our team.
A good coach can beat you with his/her players or with your players. Wes Moore of NCState won with Kellie's players and is winning with his players. This is an affirmation of a coaching fact. Good players cannot raise the proficiency of a coach. However, a good coach can raise the proficiency of a player.

Not me! I understand there were some moments that shouldn’t have happened today but I remember seeing on tv that more of her inbounds plays were getting scores than last year. I wish I could find that again but trust me I love to see Rennia, Rae, Jordan cutting to the basket.

He’s just a basketball gossip. I don’t understand why he is given a segment year after year. The target for women’s college basketball should be young women and girls.

Basketball is particularly popular with minorities. What 15yo girl what’s to listen to some odd 50yo white man talk about women’s basketball? Get some people in there who they will identify with!! It’s not that hard.

Charlie Creme is on the show because he is the resident expert, by a mile, on both the seeding process and politics of the women's NCAA tournament. He worked alongside Joe Lunardi in the 1990s to publish a magazine covering the NCAA tournament bracket, back when "bracketology" wasn't even a word, and when Lunardi couldn't find the time to handle duties for both the men's and women's brackets, ESPN asked Creme if he'd move over to it full time. He did, and has worked to represent both the teams, the selection committee, and the tournament for almost twenty years since. Basketball gossip? Come on. I'm sure others now have a grasp of the process, but to dismiss him, his work, and his history because he doesn't look a certain way is cynical.

Just got home from the game. Whew! What a relief it was to get the win after being scared to death it was going to get away from us. Spent the game frustrated over the fact that we would be “up by 10,” then “we’d be up by 16,” then “we’d be up by 24”... IF we were hitting those layups!

But strangely enough, I also found it comforting that we were getting so many easy scoring opportunities — something that doesn’t happen all that often. The shots simply weren’t falling, but it really did feel like “just one of those crazy things.”

JORDAN HORRRRRRSTOOOOOONNNN!!!!! Damn I’m proud of that kid!!!!! Everyone around me, in front, and behind me were so happy for her. Yeah, she made a few mistakes, but she had a huge game overall and I hope she goes to sleep tonight feeling really good about her game today.

And how about KASIIIIII KUSKITUUUUUUUAAAHHHHHHH!? She made some big plays for us today, and it makes me a happy fan to know that she, too, can feel good about her day. :)

Yeah, it was too close for comfort, but this team this year got it done and none of us will have to relive the nightmare of last year’s final game.

Can’t wait to cheer and tear for Lou and Kamera on Thursday as they play in front of fans at Thompson-Boling Arena for one last time. Senior Night is always so bittersweet.

Thanks for the W, Lady vols! :D

A good coach can beat you with his/her players or with your players. Wes Moore of NCState won with Kellie's players and is winning with his players. This is an affirmation of a coaching fact. Good players cannot raise the proficiency of a coach. However, a good coach can raise the proficiency of a player.
If you don't like the coach of Tennessee come back in three or four years cause she will be here that long at least. No one knows what will happen between now and then, but I can guarantee she will have a chance to get her own players in here regardless of how she does. I don't know how she will do she is doing a lot better with a far less talented team than Holly had last season. Three starters lost Westbrook, Green, and Jackson and two top subs Collins and Green were replaced by freshmen. To early for me to make a judgement all the people who a lot on here claim are great coaches lost today. One thing I know bitching and griping about this coach in her first season or even her second not going to get anywhere. Would be better just to put the team on ignore not cause yourself the stress and anxiety cause long way to go with her as coach.

I wasn’t super excited about the hire. However, I am in a wait and see mode. I can see improvement in Jaz and Rae plus beating Bama and Vandy (which before had been automatics) was good to get back on the winning side of that. So Kellie winning with some of Hollys players (two talented ones left) is a pretty good step in the right direction.

Just got home from the game. Whew! What a relief it was to get the win after being scared to death it was going to get away from us. Spent the game frustrated over the fact that we would be “up by 10,” then “we’d be up by 16,” then “we’d be up by 24”... IF we were hitting those layups!

But strangely enough, I also found it comforting that we were getting so many easy scoring opportunities — something that doesn’t happen all that often. The shots simply weren’t falling, but it really did feel like “just one of those crazy things.”

JORDAN HORRRRRRSTOOOOOONNNN!!!!! Damn I’m proud of that kid!!!!! Everyone around me, in front, and behind me were so happy for her. Yeah, she made a few mistakes, but she had a huge game overall and I hope she goes to sleep tonight feeling really good about her game today.

And how about KASIIIIII KUSKITUUUUUUUAAAHHHHHHH!? She made some big plays for us today, and it makes me a happy fan to know that she, too, can feel good about her day. :)

Yeah, it was too close for comfort, but this team this year got it done and none of us will have to relive the nightmare of last year’s final game.

Can’t wait to cheer and tear for Lou and Kamera on Thursday as they play in front of fans at Thompson-Boling Arena for one last time. Senior Night is always so bittersweet.

Thanks for the W, Lady vols! :D

I'll be there with ya

Reactions: lvocd
Nice to beat Vandy....
Did see a first today.....Have never seen a ball being in bounded, hit out of bounds first...That was an anomaly.....

In any event, a win is a win....
davis-2-23-20-1024x669.jpg

Dang. Take a chill pill. What was that? If that’s all it takes to set you off, whew!

If you don’t think our inbounds plays need work that’s fine. I would just like to not see it as such an adventure. Two almost disastrous plays today and did anybody forget the Brown-Horston fiasco last game? I’ll just leave it at that.

Davis is consistent and may give you more if she didn't have to play too many minutes. Kellie keeps her on the court for scoring and to keep opposing teams focus on her. Jas is the culprit that needs to do more on both ends
of the floor.
Nothing wrong with Sugar Rae. Sugar Rae ....save
the day. Lol.
Watching from the bench has improved Jordan.
FREE Emily.
I would like to see Jaz score more, but she’s had a very good season. She’s very consistent.

VN Store

Back