Florida -17.5

Then he will be fired after year 3
Depends on how much the talent gap closes during the 3 years. I don’t see us doing as well in recruiting as we did under Pruitt so the talent gap will remain the same or even increase the next three years. The state of Tennessee will likely be known as the state with the two worst SEC teams year after year.

Last edited:
Depends on how much the talent gap closes during the 3 years. I don’t see us doing as well in recruiting as we did under Pruitt so the talent gap will remain the same or even increase the next three years. The state of Tennessee will likely be know as the state with the two worst SEC teams year after year.
. Heupel won’t be able to recruit well enough here to survive past three seasons. Unfortunately looks like we will look back at the Butch Jones era as the glory years.

Wonder when we will ever beat Georgia , Florida and Bama again? I’m 42 years old I quite possibly may never see another win against one of these teams in my lifetime and the average lifespan for a American male is 78.6 years now in 2021. I remember not long ago when this football program was held in such high regard that we were expected to beat Florida and Bama and Georgia every season and we did a few seasons but if we didn’t at least we beat two of them and were expected to compete and be on a level playing field. It’s just sad now those three teams are no longer our rivals and we aren’t viewed that way to them we are just a cupcake to them a 30 point beatdown every season a joke and a laughingstock.

Arch Manning III will lead TN to a victory over FL in 2076 .

Unfortunately, Sabans frozen head will win another national title after knocking off the Vols on the SECCG at the Mercedes Benz Moon Dome.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Tennessee just doesn’t have the players to make much happen in the SEC this year. Maybe by end of the season we can see some players developing but winning anything more than 2SEC games this year is a miracle.

It has taken Mullen 3.5 years to get Florida to a point where the team doesn’t physically look smaller, weaker and slower than big time SEC opponents like UGA and Bama. Even though UF lost yesterday, I saw them just as big, just as strong, just as fast as Bama, in some cases more so. In some cases not so. But they were certainly toe-to-toe with the Heavyweight Champ. That wasn’t the case in year 1&2 for Mullen at UF.

Same applies to UT and Huepel. I think it’s going to take some time. Now this doesn’t mean UT can’t come in and have an LSU 2020 type game vs FL where they play their asses off, have some fluky stuff happen, and come out with a win. They certainly can. But I just think at some point, Florida’s bigger, stronger, faster will take over.

I agree on your comparison between UF & Bama. I didn't see a top 5 NFL pick at corner for Bama, or the unblockable Dlineman, or the 1st round NFL WR, or the first round NFL RB, or LB. That team looks beatable for the first time in forever to me. I think UGA wins the SEC this year.

I agree on your comparison between UF & Bama. I didn't see a top 5 NFL pick at corner for Bama, or the unblockable Dlineman, or the 1st round NFL WR, or the first round NFL RB, or LB. That team looks beatable for the first time in forever to me. I think UGA wins the SEC this year.

This was the second game this season I saw Bama struggle with pass protection from the OL. They’re good but they’re not unbeatable.

Biggest problem opponents have with them is they’re in awe of Alabama & by the time they wake up, they’re 3 TDs down. That’s exactly what happened yesterday. Give Bama coaches credit to, they have great game plans coming in.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
67 1/2 and -17 at the moment. So a projected score of around 42-25 UF?

That doesn't seem right to me. I understand that we should lose and probably convincingly, but our defense and special teams are playing so good and so hard right now they will keep us in many games, Florida is not a world beater team, and our offense is averaging in the 40s even though against lesser opponents. Heupel's teams have historically averaged in the mid to high 40s, and is doing the same here so far.

Additionally, they are coming off of a war against Bama, we run an offensive style and tempo that Florida is not accustomed to playing on a weekly basis, and we have a coaching staff who is really good at scheming against an opponent's defense.

I would much more likely expect a 44-38 game than a 42-25. Mainly because I don't think there's any way Florida holds our offense to that few points.

I'll take the over and the points.
We do not have the speed or bodies to keep up in this game. If we do keep it reasonable it will say a ton for this staffs ability to scheme. I just don't see our OL holding up to give anyone much time.

Be interesting to watch the move of the spread this week to see if the bettors think FL can cover 17.5 or not. I think they will based on Bama performance and it moves up up later. Vegas may have to up it to get more TN bets.

67 1/2 and -17 at the moment. So a projected score of around 42-25 UF?

That doesn't seem right to me. I understand that we should lose and probably convincingly, but our defense and special teams are playing so good and so hard right now they will keep us in many games, Florida is not a world beater team, and our offense is averaging in the 40s even though against lesser opponents. Heupel's teams have historically averaged in the mid to high 40s, and is doing the same here so far.

Additionally, they are coming off of a war against Bama, we run an offensive style and tempo that Florida is not accustomed to playing on a weekly basis, and we have a coaching staff who is really good at scheming against an opponent's defense.

I would much more likely expect a 44-38 game than a 42-25. Mainly because I don't think there's any way Florida holds our offense to that few points.

I'll take the over and the points.
No way we stay with 6 points off Florida.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Eh,,if they can stay within 3 touchdowns I'll be impressed. Our Vols are good for giving them 10-14 points every year,,,,,I call it the Florida factor.

Wasn’t there a slew of injuries for Florida in the Bama game? It may have been an exaggeration, but I believe I read the Gators have 10 players injured at current. Wonder how many will be out for our game.

While I believe Florida will win, the point spread doesn't determine the winner or loser.

The big problem is that there are some here who still won't accept that there is a talent issue up and down that roster. With every new coaching hire, there are people who think that coach will waive his magic wand and everything will change overnight.
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time we try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Do you think your offense is significantly better than Bama’s? Bama scored 31 points on FL, only 10 over the last 3 quarters. I’d assume TN scores less than that.

It has taken Mullen 3.5 years to get Florida to a point where the team doesn’t physically look smaller, weaker and slower than big time SEC opponents like UGA and Bama. Even though UF lost yesterday, I saw them just as big, just as strong, just as fast as Bama, in some cases more so. In some cases not so. But they were certainly toe-to-toe with the Heavyweight Champ. That wasn’t the case in year 1&2 for Mullen at UF.

Same applies to UT and Huepel. I think it’s going to take some time. Now this doesn’t mean UT can’t come in and have an LSU 2020 type game vs FL where they play their asses off, have some fluky stuff happen, and come out with a win. They certainly can. But I just think at some point, Florida’s bigger, stronger, faster will take over.
It didn't hurt that Jones had a breakout game. In retrospect it's hard to believe the crowd was booing him to start the night.

Wasn’t there a slew of injuries for Florida in the Bama game? It may have been an exaggeration, but I believe I read the Gators have 10 players injured at current. Wonder how many will be out for our game.

No. A couple guys banged up with stuff, but nothing season-ending or even “weeks” that I’ve heard. TE Gamble had some sort of “cut,” Kaiir Elam had some cramping, a couple guys with some “bruises.” Ventrell Miller is out for the year but that was before Bama. Anthony Richardson is week to week. If you’re seeing a list with “10 players” it’s probably including preseason stuff with walk-ons and such included.

Reactions: OrangeEtBlanc

VN Store

Back