Florida -17.5

They will eat us alive on defense I’m afraid. There rushing attack will be hard to handle and they will throw deep multiple times secondary hasn’t looked great at stopping the pass. Maybe we play better than expected but I’m thinking a slaughter is coming.

I was hoping Florida wasn't as good as they showed against Bama and I was hoping Pitt was a pretty good team; they're not, lost to Western Michigan on Saturday. The Gators gashed the Tide on the ground for 245 yards. We will have to sell out on the run game and play man outside to even slow them down. Our CB's may hold up but the sacriest thing is the QB Jones was their 2nd leading rusher with 77 yards. I can see us "almost" having them stopped only to have Jones scoot free for 1st down or big play. Barring the Gators having multiple turnovers and big penalties in key moments, they will score 40+ on us. I don't see us having sustained drives so our only hope is we hit those deep balls we have been missing. (42-49) bad guys to (17-24) good guys most likely.

It has taken Mullen 3.5 years to get Florida to a point where the team doesn’t physically look smaller, weaker and slower than big time SEC opponents like UGA and Bama. Even though UF lost yesterday, I saw them just as big, just as strong, just as fast as Bama, in some cases more so. In some cases not so. But they were certainly toe-to-toe with the Heavyweight Champ. That wasn’t the case in year 1&2 for Mullen at UF.

Same applies to UT and Huepel. I think it’s going to take some time. Now this doesn’t mean UT can’t come in and have an LSU 2020 type game vs FL where they play their asses off, have some fluky stuff happen, and come out with a win. They certainly can. But I just think at some point, Florida’s bigger, stronger, faster will take over.

Mullen won 10 games in his FIRST season at Florida including a win over LSU...

If Heupel can match this record things will be great..

Reactions: Jaws
While I believe Florida will win, the point spread doesn't determine the winner or loser.

The big problem is that there are some here who still won't accept that there is a talent issue up and down that roster. With every new coaching hire, there are people who think that coach will waive his magic wand and everything will change overnight.
You’re exactly right. The problem around here is that we’re so tired of waiting and hoping for a return to what most have us have grown up expecting the program to be. 2 years is a long time to wait. Logical fan says, “this is gonna take a few years if it works”, but their emotions say, “we need to win now”.

Reactions: Fatdad32
While I believe Florida will win, the point spread doesn't determine the winner or loser.

The big problem is that there are some here who still won't accept that there is a talent issue up and down that roster. With every new coaching hire, there are people who think that coach will waive his magic wand and everything will change overnight.
Where are you getting that impression? Multiple polls on Volnation prior to the season began showed that the consensus prediction for UT's season was somewhere between 6-6 and 7-5. Practically no one predicted that UT would go beat defending SEC East champ Florida in the swamp. There have been very few instances of volnation posters pretending that there is not a talent gap between UT and the better teams in the SEC.

This was the second game this season I saw Bama struggle with pass protection from the OL. They’re good but they’re not unbeatable.

Biggest problem opponents have with them is they’re in awe of Alabama & by the time they wake up, they’re 3 TDs down. That’s exactly what happened yesterday. Give Bama coaches credit to, they have great game plans coming in.
It was by far the best florida has looked after that 1st quarter. But Bama didn't look as sharp and they looked sluggish for some reason. Even Saban said it looked like we were slow or gassed at times. Florida did not look especially impressive their first 2 games but they looked good against bama despite bama looking lost at times on defense. Give florida credit, they were on the verge of being blown out and came back and played the tide toe to toe. GBO!!!!!!

This was the second game this season I saw Bama struggle with pass protection from the OL. They’re good but they’re not unbeatable.

Biggest problem opponents have with them is they’re in awe of Alabama & by the time they wake up, they’re 3 TDs down. That’s exactly what happened yesterday. Give Bama coaches credit to, they have great game plans coming in.
You are right on that, when Bama played Mercer their DE beat bama's tackle twice in the first half and got a free shot on Young. You could hear the crowd mumbling about it. GBO!

I'll probably watch because I have nothing else better to do Saturday night. I half wish this game was morning or afternoon so I could have an excuse not to watch.

Wasn’t there a slew of injuries for Florida in the Bama game? It may have been an exaggeration, but I believe I read the Gators have 10 players injured at current. Wonder how many will be out for our game.
Our TE went out but he is good to go (scratch to the face). That is the only injury I have heard from the game.

Spread: Florida -22
Total: 67.5

it'll be interesting to watch the line movement here this week.
Where are you seeing 22?

Right now, I’ve seen it at 20, if it stays at 20, I’m taking TN and the points, easy money. Gator players already talking about making it to ATL, they are prime for an upset. If the UK/UF was this week, I’d pick UK straight up.

UF has a history under Mullen of getting a moral victory and coming out flat the next week. They played LSU tough in 2019 and had to rally from behind in the 4th qtr against SC. Again LSU in 18, next week struggled with Vandy. Same year, got up for UGA, lost to Missouri the next week.

Where are you seeing 22?

Right now, I’ve seen it at 20, if it stays at 20, I’m taking TN and the points, easy money. Gator players already talking about making it to ATL, they are prime for an upset. If the UK/UF was this week, I’d pick UK straight up.

UF has a history under Mullen of getting a moral victory and coming out flat the next week. They played LSU tough in 2019 and had to rally from behind in the 4th qtr against SC. Again LSU in 18, next week struggled with Vandy. Same year, got up for UGA, lost to Missouri the next week.

Quality post.

I hope you are right. But I just don’t see it. Not to be argumentative, but what makes you believe it will be close?

UF will read the press clippings and believe they are better than they are.
The Swamp won't be as loud as the fans expect to win the game.

Emory Jones is a INT waiting to happen and know he has tape out there on what he can actually do and not do.

Anthony Richardson is not 100 percent and may not even play.

Heupel knows offense. He will get the best of 3rd and Grantham.

UF will read the press clippings and believe they are better than they are.
The Swamp won't be as loud as the fans expect to win the game.

Emory Jones is a INT waiting to happen.

Anthony Richardson is not 100 percent and may not even play.

Heupel knows offense. He will get the best of 3rd and Grantham.

So we couldnt get the best of 3rd and Tenn Tech but all of a sudden Heupel is gone get the best of 3rd and Grantham? Richardson was doing flips before the game against Bama. He literally was doing flips. He is fine. Mullen didn’t play him but he will be playing against us.

Jones isn’t a good passer but their running game is elite.

VN Store

Back