Florida -17.5

Is it possible that Bama played poorly due to Florida’s defense settling in and playing pretty well?

And is it possible that many of those procedure calls were because of a really loud home crowd, which will be really loud again this Saturday night?

And even if you’re right, and “Bama played poorly,” is Bama’s “poorly” better or worse than UT’s “good.” I’d say Bama playing “poorly” is still arguably better than most teams in America, including TN.

A difference of an inch or two can sometimes lead to multiple touchdown swings. Why should last week’s game be a perfect predictor of this week’s game?

You’re exactly right. The problem around here is that we’re so tired of waiting and hoping for a return to what most have us have grown up expecting the program to be. 2 years is a long time to wait. Logical fan says, “this is gonna take a few years if it works”, but their emotions say, “we need to win now”.

With the way Heupel has recruited so far, it will take an infinite number of years.

3E8C1175-A54C-4022-B700-3B83B937EA7D.png
Note #3
“Tennessee headed to Gainesville ranked No. 5 nationally. Florida entered the game with a No. 2 national ranking. The teams had identical records and both had a very successful—and difficult—SEC schedule. Still, Tennessee was a solid 18.5-point underdog to the home-standing Gators.”

No matter what Tennessee isn't going to roll over saturday. They are going to play hard and tough as hell from start to finish. Cause turnovers and do not make them. Tackle well! Continue great special teams play! GBO!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FBtime
I really don't see why everyone is crowning Florida?!?! They allowed USF to score 20 points and FAU to score 14. Surely we will put up our usual 30 points. Am I to believe Florida is going to 48+ points on us?!? No way!! Not with their QB!!

This game is a good matchup for us. They got some big boys, but can they keep up? I would take the Under and like our chances to upset them.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
very disappointed in this. This is the game wee needed the most in Josh's 1st year.

Don't be. Tennessee will need a ton of luck just to beat the spread. There is virtually no way this game was ever going to be a signature win or, for that matter, any other kind of win for the Vols. Check back in two years for a better chance - I hope.

Seems about right. They'll pull away with their rushing attack in the second half once our defense is gassed.
Watching FL, that is all they have is a rushing attack, up to this point. I am not saying their passing game is not good, but to date the numbers have been ho hum and the QB already has 5 picks on the season. Their rushing attack will be used to possibly set up the passing attack, not the other way around. I think Tim Banks will have something, or at least I hope, for the rush. We got three games of film so hopefully it's enough.

Ha and some folks on here are worried about the starting QB. I am going to go ahead and tell you that line isn't 17.5 or more because of the starting QB. UT is not a good team currently. It is going to be a couple of years to compete with UF/AL/GA. I get it that we want it now although its not going to happen.

I really don't see why everyone is crowning Florida?!?! They allowed USF to score 20 points and FAU to score 14. Surely we will put up our usual 30 points. Am I to believe Florida is going to 48+ points on us?!? No way!! Not with their QB!!

This game is a good matchup for us. They got some big boys, but can they keep up? I would take the Under and like our chances to upset them.

Rm3kWBp.gif

Reactions: goldvol
I actually do. I see Florida as a 4-5 point favorite, and that's only because they are at home and I'm not a fan of Milton as our starting QB. Otherwise, I like our offensive scheme to be very successful against them and not worried about their QB. We just have to sell out to stopping the run and not committ stupid pass interference penalties.

VN Store

Back