Florida -17.5

Have to get more depth on the LOS. That combined with qb issues, lack of quality wide outs, and injuries so far are whats going to make this a tough year. That won’t stop people on here from predicting a 10 win season of course
It's about to get real ugly real fast - Tennessee Tech was in our qb's face all day and we couldn't run it on them so .......

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Florida will cover. Easy money to be made here unless twenty or thirty Gators come down with covid or terminal jock itch.

67 1/2 and -17 at the moment. So a projected score of around 42-25 UF?

That doesn't seem right to me. I understand that we should lose and probably convincingly, but our defense and special teams are playing so good and so hard right now they will keep us in many games, Florida is not a world beater team, and our offense is averaging in the 40s even though against lesser opponents. Heupel's teams have historically averaged in the mid to high 40s, and is doing the same here so far.

Additionally, they are coming off of a war against Bama, we run an offensive style and tempo that Florida is not accustomed to playing on a weekly basis, and we have a coaching staff who is really good at scheming against an opponent's defense.

I would much more likely expect a 44-38 game than a 42-25. Mainly because I don't think there's any way Florida holds our offense to that few points.

I'll take the over and the points.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Wonder when we will ever beat Georgia , Florida and Bama again? I’m 42 years old I quite possibly may never see another win against one of these teams in my lifetime and the average lifespan for a American male is 78.6 years now in 2021. I remember not long ago when this football program was held in such high regard that we were expected to beat Florida and Bama and Georgia every season and we did a few seasons but if we didn’t at least we beat two of them and were expected to compete and be on a level playing field. It’s just sad now those three teams are no longer our rivals and we aren’t viewed that way to them we are just a cupcake to them a 30 point beatdown every season a joke and a laughingstock.
It will happen again…. I remember feeling this way as a kid about Bear Bryant’s Alabama teams

We're probably at least two years away from being able to run with UF, UGA, and Bama.

I'll be surprised if we cover against UF as a 17 point dog. UF gave Bama all they could handle. Neither team looked flat to me. If UF brings that same game next Saturday, UT is in serious trouble. That's just where UT Football is right now. The UF defense is going to expose our OL and our receivers, and once they do that, well...

Go Vols.

I don't really care about lines at this point. we need to beat this Florida team to start the turn around this program has been waiting for.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I don't know how it will go, but Florida doesn't have an explosive offense with Jones at QB. He is mistake prone (2 tds, 5 ints) and does a lot of dumb things (needing a hail mary vs Bama yesterday he decided he was going to run the ball on the last play). That said, you have the everything goes wrong factor. Since the 1990s Tennessee generally chooses to play it's most mistake filled game of the season vs Florida. Those could lead to some short fields.

In Huepel's first year vs Florida at Missouri, Missouri only managed 14 points and Drew Lock was 4-18 for 70 yards. His worst career game. But in year two vs the Gators Missouri scored 45. So even if we look bad Saturday, and there's a good chance we will, I have faith that improvements will still happen.

Wonder when we will ever beat Georgia , Florida and Bama again? I’m 42 years old I quite possibly may never see another win against one of these teams in my lifetime and the average lifespan for a American male is 78.6 years now in 2021. I remember not long ago when this football program was held in such high regard that we were expected to beat Florida and Bama and Georgia every season and we did a few seasons but if we didn’t at least we beat two of them and were expected to compete and be on a level playing field. It’s just sad now those three teams are no longer our rivals and we aren’t viewed that way to them we are just a cupcake to them a 30 point beatdown every season a joke and a laughingstock.
Realistic view-We will never be a contender for an SEC division title again.

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol

VN Store

Back