Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

She’s literally a walk on. She turned down actual scholarship offers to play in state and be a Lady Vol and play with her sister . Some of y’all have got to calm down and actually look at facts . This doesn’t hurt numbers whatsoever. Let’s welcome Edie . Bless y’all souls.

She’s literally a walk on. She turned down actual scholarship offers to play in state and be a Lady Vol and play with her sister . Some of y’all have got to calm down and actually look at facts . This doesn’t hurt numbers whatsoever. Let’s welcome Edie . Bless y’all souls.

Ya gotta love it when they are living out their dream. Good for her.

She can do something that most of our ladies cannot do. She can hit layups, foul shots , and three pointers. She runs the floor, doesn't seem to turn the ball over and is left-handed. I think she would help this years team. Welcome to Tennessee.
Not turning the ball over in High School is one thing but against SEC defenders is another. I can see her running off screens to knock down shots but that’s it as of now. She’s one that I would have to see it to believe it. Honestly, I hope she does because it only means she’ll be great for the team

I just think it's wonderful that Edie wants to play at Tennessee and with her sister so much she turned down scholarship offers from other in state schools. I'm thinking they are Div II or III. But that doesn't matter. She will probably room with her sister and get to practice with her and under Coach Harper every day.

I do disagree with what the expectations should be for Edie. Two time 1st or 2nd team AA was a little much. And even expecting her to be in the regular rotation doesn't seem realistic either. That is based on what I have seen with most other walk-ons. They just don't play a lot, and playing time is not why they are there. They are there for the experience.

Here are a few examples.

Jessica Laemelle Louisville

Briana Pulido UConn

Tierney Lawler UConn

Autumn Chassion UConn

Shelby Walker Louisville

I'm sure someone will find examples of more successful walk-ons. Maybe even on the men's side.

Whatever Edie brings to Tennessee, I hope her expereince is a great one!

Last edited:
Do you understand what he was asking by using the word "classification"?

I assumed it was a rhetorical question to which he already knew the answer and was just being snarky (as evidenced by his subsequent posts). I gave an answer which seemed to offer a matching level of respect given that his intention appeared to be solely to belittle Edie's accomplishments.

You savvy?

I assumed it was a rhetorical question to which he already knew the answer and was just being snarky (as evidenced by his subsequent posts). I gave an answer which seemed to offer a matching level of respect given that his intention appeared to be solely to belittle Edie's accomplishments.

You savvy?

Nailed it. My take as well. Franklin just wanted to point out that she is a Class "A" player. Surprised he didn't tell us about the Miss Basketball part.

Like i saod nothing against the kid I'm happy for her. It was just an odd situation as in it didn't seem she was getting any BIG offers or interest then all of a sudden TN jumps in, however now knowing she is walking on it makes more sense.
I think she can definitely be used situational but honestly if you want my opinion from what I've seen then...
I think she will sit on the bench with rennie, Saunders and a couple others but she may be one of those kids that loves TN enough that that is ok with her and that is OK too

Agree with much of that. I wouldn't have mineded if she had gotten a scholarship offer, as CKH always has a couple of unused ones laying around. This way, she keeps the scholly and gets an asset for the program and a possible role player for the future. Well played by Harper.

Reactions: jeebie
I just think it's wonderful that Edie wants to play at Tennessee and with her sister so much she turned down scholarship offers from other in state schools. I'm thinking they are Div II or III. But that doesn't matter. She will probably room with her sister and get to practice with her and under Coach Harper every day.

I do disagree with what the expectations should be for Edie. Two time 1st or 2nd team AA was a little much. And even expecting her to be in the regular rotation doesn't seem realistic either. That is based on what I have seen with most other walk-ons. They just don't play a lot, and playing time is not why they are there. They are there for the experience.

Here are a few examples.

Jessica Laemelle Louisville

Briana Pulido UConn

Tierney Lawler UConn

Autumn Chassion UConn

Shelby Walker Louisville

I'm sure someone will find examples of more successful walk-ons. Maybe even on the men's side.

Whatever Edie brings to Tennessee, I hope her expereince is a great one!
she had 4 or 5 non power 5 offers div 1

i watch greenfield yellow jackets vs peabody about a week ago. in it edia pass good and runs point guard. peabody tv people say edia having and off night. she has aleast two steals. she quick and you tell she taller than 5 6. one team wins on a buzz beater watch for yourself. yellow jackets hit a bucket in 3 quarter scoreboard never change. just watch again.

Reactions: Ladyvol777

VN Store

Back