Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

Last edited:
No disrespect but if this is the best commit TN can get we are hurting. Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

Darth will have fun with this one ! 🤷‍♂️

When I said Kellie needed to lock up the borders, this isn't what I had in mind...

eye-roll-ugh.gif

No disrespect but if this is the best commit TN can get we are hurting. Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

PWO

Edie Darby is a straight up baller! She has a lot more to offer than Ace Strickland and we filled a need

Ok right now im predicting a bust. In the first minute or so she made several layups or bunnies. Lady Vols dont do that. Ba Ha Ha

Welcome aboard Darby. You look like a decent ball handler and you have decent foot work. We need some shooters to go along with these other girls. Cant just be all athletes who miss layups and wide open shots.

Keep ur negativity at home.. Everything is negative and complain. Can you imagine ur daughter committed to us and family reading fans negativity.

Last edited:
I hope were not doing badly in 2023 recruiting this is not who you wanted your first commit to be. I can see her being a good 5 to 8 minute sub for us, but were going to need some big names in this class or via the portal.

I know this isn’t the big time recruit that you may want, but isn’t this the exact kind of role player that you should want? The kind who wants really badly to be part of your program, knowing they aren’t there to be the star, but there for the long haul?

This also won’t keep a big time guard from signing.

No need to be frustrated by her commitment.

I could be wrong but this might mean that the top tire players in 2023 pg ect are looking elsewhere and moved away from TN ?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back