Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

I could be wrong but this might mean that the top tire players in 2023 pg ect are looking elsewhere and moved away from TN ?
This tells me that Walker is not coming back next season, and Kellie wants another guard on the team. I fully expect that Edie, Jessie, Emily and maybe Tess will have a lot of time to talk and hang out on the bench on game day.

This tells me that Walker is not coming back next season, and Kellie wants another guard on the team. I fully expect that Edie, Jessie, Emily and maybe Tess will have a lot of time to talk and hang out on the bench on game day.
She is a 2023 so won't be playing next season. Walker could still come back. Jesse will be gone and so will Emily.

No disrespect but if this is the best commit TN can get we are hurting. Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

She is going to be a walk-on, and she committed back in November but is making it official now.

I hope were not doing badly in 2023 recruiting this is not who you wanted your first commit to be. I can see her being a good 5 to 8 minute sub for us, but were going to need some big names in this class or via the portal.

This is a 22 recruit ! It might mean Walker is not coming back ? 🤷‍♂️ This also might be an insurance player just in case a portal player may not be available? The 2023 class has nothing to do with this recruit ….. She will not affect any guards or point guards decisions to commit! Considering what the coaches have done with Miles ….. I am excited to see what they do with this player !

PS. After reading that she will walk on …. This is a no brainer! Welcome Edie ..,👍

Last edited:
She's 2022 so its actually late in the process as many of the tops already signed in November
Thanks I didn't know that so sure looks like no Walker or some other player were at 11 for 2022 so still four to give for next season. Have to say we need a couple players inside at least.

Reactions: mlindsay
This is a 22 recruit ! It might mean Walker is not coming back ? 🤷‍♂️ This also might be an insurance player just in case a portal player may not be available? The 2023 class has nothing to do with this recruit ….. She will not affect any guards or point guards decisions to commit! Considering what the coaches have done with Miles ….. I am excited to see what they do with this player !
She is coming as a walkon first time we've had one in years.

Thanks I didn't know that so sure looks like no Walker or some other player were at 11 for 2022 so still four to give for next season. Have to say we need a couple players inside at least.
Yes I think this move also brings Walker back, I think Walker is likely to slide back to her natural position at the 2 guard and we go into the portal for a true PG to compete with Brooklyn and have Edie to push Brooklyn in practice. I trust what Kellie is doing and it makes a lot of sense! But I know I may be in the minority. This doesn't hurt scholarship numbers at all.

She may be short but she sure makes up for it in her aggressiveness, mentality of the game, these naysayers may be surprised; welcome Edie.
Seen her play several times since I live close to Greenfield used to see her and Tess. Not against her walking on but we need some players for 2022 and only four scholarships to give. She may end up getting one anyway cause we could fill our needs next season with two to three players.

Scholarship years tenn not at 15 years they are edia pays her own way. with tennessee lottery money it will not set darbys back to much.

She is a 22
Yes and a walkon so not really affecting anything. She is a good player just going to need to see if she can make it in the SEC. Seen her play a few times just lost track of her year in school. Went when Tess was at Greenfield not this season.

Reactions: mlindsay

VN Store

Back