Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

Not a problem she is a walkon means she is paying her own way to be a Lady Vol. We shouldn't have a problem with that happening.

Agreed, who cares? I can see fans losing their minds with the first commitment in about 15 months, but this is much ado about nothing.

After such a poor close to the 22 class, Kellie better knock 23 out of of the park...

Edie looks quick, can handle the ball, has good body control, and is fearless. She may get bigger, and will certainly get stronger. I don't see opposing coaches taking this kid lightly as she grows in the game.

Congrats to Edie Darby! I'm so happy you'll be a Lady Vol! 🧡

Agreed, who cares? I can see fans losing their minds with the first commitment in about 15 months, but this is much ado about nothing.

After such a poor close to the 22 class, Kellie better knock 23 out of of the park...

She had better? She had better?!!

Or what? You're not gonna post here any more? That'd be great.

Keep ur negativity at home.. Everything is negative and complain. Can you imagine ur daughter committed to us and family reading fans negativity.
It's not negativity, just stating it was a strange offer, now knowing she is a walk on makes more sense. I am happy for the kid just thought it was strange and unexpected is all.

When I said Kellie needed to lock up the borders, this isn't what I had in mind...

eye-roll-ugh.gif
You did want her to get the younger sister of a current player.

Welcome to the Vol family Edie!!!Don;t listen to the dummies
You can't imagine how happy this makes me! I've been wishing for this all along. What a wonderful addition Edie makes to the Lady Vols. This is a genius stroke by Kellie Harper. Edie's quickness and perimeter shooting will pay dividends for UT.

You can't imagine how happy this makes me! I've been wishing for this all along. What a wonderful addition Edie makes to the Lady Vols. This is a genius stroke by Kellie Harper. Edie's quickness and perimeter shooting will pay dividends for UT.

So, you're in the know about Edie? What can you tell us about what she brings to the team.

I for one am thrilled that she chose UT. All you naysayers that want to trash her before she even suits up for the Lady Vols need to get a life. You must be a miserable person with a miserable life to trash a teenager. I have watched her play in person and can tell you that this girl is a player. She has a high basketball IQ and can shoot lights out and can also drive. In my opinion, she is more versatile than her sister. I truly believe that she will be a contributor her first year.

So, you are certain she can't be developed into a contributing player by her junior year? If so, on what do you base that?
Like i saod nothing against the kid I'm happy for her. It was just an odd situation as in it didn't seem she was getting any BIG offers or interest then all of a sudden TN jumps in, however now knowing she is walking on it makes more sense.
I think she can definitely be used situational but honestly if you want my opinion from what I've seen then...
I think she will sit on the bench with rennie, Saunders and a couple others but she may be one of those kids that loves TN enough that that is ok with her and that is OK too

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

Amazing. She has been playing, and is an outstanding playing on a state championship team. Her heart is in Tennessee. All this garbage by people who don't have a clue disgust me. Most of the same ones who would slam Edie, are the ones who praise point guards we have had, and have, who cannot dribble the ball up the court without having it taken right out of their hands.

I will gladly take my chances with someone like Edie.

So, you're in the know about Edie? What can you tell us about what she brings to the team.
I only know what the rest of you have seen as far as video clips of her outside shooting and her ball handling abilities. Her quickness will allow her to get open which will help negate her small size. Her quickness and aggressiveness on defense is readily apparent. As I stated before, I think she is an outstanding addition to the team and you can't beat the price since she will be a walk-on. I hope she beats the naysayers and earns herself a scholarship.

VN Store

Back