Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

This is not Missouri State no disrepect but this is unacceptable i feel like shes targeting players that would play for her if she was at missouri state

Not surprising you don't like the addition of Edie. You didn't like the addition of Keyen either.

So i want someone to tell me am i wrong for not really feeling this acquisition.....i think we need another big time scorer for sure somebody that can get their own shot offensively this team was horrible i think we hve players that do what she does

This is a 22 recruit ! It might mean Walker is not coming back ? 🤷‍♂️ This also might be an insurance player just in case a portal player may not be available? The 2023 class has nothing to do with this recruit ….. She will not affect any guards or point guards decisions to commit! Considering what the coaches have done with Miles ….. I am excited to see what they do with this player !

PS. After reading that she will walk on …. This is a no brainer! Welcome Edie ..,👍
Jordan said she’s not deciding until the season’s over

Reactions: PRG
I respect any player that turns down multiple scholarship offers and opt to walk on (pay their own money) to come play at a university they cherish and love that much. Congrats Edie. Much respect and welcome to the team!! Players like this will give they all for the team and run through a wall for they coach. This is a good pickup

I’m happy about this! I think a great instate walk-on is a good idea. With Tess already on the team it will be easier to get her familiar with a system sooner. Gives us some depth in the backcourt and a hustle player if we have foul trouble.

Will mostly be a practice player, but a great kid from a great family that will add to the culture and positivity.

Lots of programs have taken walk-ons with a strong love for the program. Geno used to do it frequently. Brianna Pulido is one that comes to mind. Walz has had a few over the years and same with Mulkey. Great home state kids that bleed for the program.

Last edited:
No disrespect but if this is the best commit TN can get we are hurting. Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind
She can do something that most of our ladies cannot do. She can hit layups, foul shots , and three pointers. She runs the floor, doesn't seem to turn the ball over and is left-handed. I think she would help this years team. Welcome to Tennessee.

This is not Missouri State no disrepect but this is unacceptable i feel like shes targeting players that would play for her if she was at missouri state
Fantastic! An agreement with which we can all live. Don’t let it hit ya , where the good lord split ya!

Reactions: mudcat1973
No disrespect but if this is the best commit TN can get we are hurting. Seems a bit strange they wasn't even interested in this kid and didn't want Ace Strickland (imo much better player) and all of a sudden we offer Darby and she commits on the spot. Not one other single power 5 interest. This blows my mind

You say "No disrespect," and then immediately say THE most disrespectful thing anyone could say to a young person on one of the happiest days of her life.

Wow. :mad:

So, you are certain she can't be developed into a contributing player by her junior year? If so, on what do you base that?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
When I said Kellie needed to lock up the borders, this isn't what I had in mind...

eye-roll-ugh.gif

What did you have in mind? A wall?

VN Store

Back