Blocked Flight Leaving Knoxville for State College, Pennsylvania

Franklin would be the best coach we've had since Fulmer, and a homerun hire plain and simple. If he can win at Candy, then he sure as heck can win here.

His teams held their own against Urban Meyer's Buckeye teams and even beat them once. They had much less talent, considering OSU was one of the few schools that was recruiting on Bama's level every year, and they only lost by a point two years.

I want to win. James Franklin can win football games. He had Vanderbilt finished ranked twice. Do you know how many times that has happened in Vanderbilt's history? Just one other time, in 1948. He won a conference championship going up against Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and Paul Chryst. He's a winner. How many of you guys would've jumped at the chance to get Urban Meyer? I don't see the difference character wise.

This program has been chasing SMU on the “who can fall harder from relevance” scale and you guys want to be picky...

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I believe and sincerely hope this is nothing. I detest the very existence of James Franklin. The thought of him being our HC makes me want to projectile vomit.
For goodness sake just spit it out! I hate it when people beat around the bush and don’t say how they really feel.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Clay Travis mentioned that he knew several coaches that would be interested in this job that reached out to him. Clay and James Franklin are notably close friends.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
No, I despise him because in 2011 he curse and profaned me, my wife and 20,000 other UT fans as he left the feild after getting his hat handed to him by Derek Dooley, His "FU you bunch of W*&*^s" while giving the double bird as security was hustling him out is still a very vivid memory. There are a ton of winning coaches we can choose before we bring that classless lump in as the face of our program.

Isn’t that the game UT won on last play? Wouldn’t call that getting your hat handed to you.

Isn’t that the game UT won on last play? Wouldn’t call that getting your hat handed to you.
Yes, adn any game Dooley won was a hat handing.... I as at LSU and left the stadium only to watch on TV in the concourse as Dooley blew that one.

No, I despise him because in 2011 he curse and profaned me, my wife and 20,000 other UT fans as he left the feild after getting his hat handed to him by Derek Dooley, His "FU you bunch of W*&*^s" while giving the double bird as security was hustling him out is still a very vivid memory. There are a ton of winning coaches we can choose before we bring that classless lump in as the face of our program.
Not exactly an objective view of what's best for UT football, it seems. Unless you mean that snippet in time, during very high competitive emotions, is a window into the real man?

I want to win. James Franklin can win football games. He had Vanderbilt finished ranked twice. Do you know how many times that has happened in Vanderbilt's history? Just one other time, in 1948. He won a conference championship going up against Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and Paul Chryst. He's a winner. How many of you guys would've jumped at the chance to get Urban Meyer? I don't see the difference character wise.

Urban has far more documented cases of out of control players.

Reactions: coffeevol
Not my first choice, but I do remember hating him like other schools hated Bruce Pearl and Lane Kiffin. I would probably feel better if he was in orange and the other fan bases hated him. Also, after the disgusting things that Penn St went through, I would assume he has been vetted in every way possible. Just my 2 cents.

Not my first choice, but I do remember hating him like other schools hated Bruce Pearl and Lane Kiffin. I would probably feel better if he was in orange and the other fan bases hated him. Also, after the disgusting things that Penn St went through, I would assume he has been vetted in every way possible. Just my 2 cents.
I'll take him all day long

I certainly took the thread title out of context. I thought VOL fans had chained themselves to the plane to block an interview with Franklin.

Interviews being done via zoom, skype,etc... the plane is loading an amish made office desk out of Lancaster,Pa. as a bonus to DW over last nites HC signing that took place on Lake Kissimmee just south of Orlando. Actually wee hours on 1/25, (today). 80%+ Vol fans should be ecstatic and I'm bringing in a load of used matresses on 2 flatbeds for the disgruntled amongst us.

Reactions: Volbrando
for the record I personally would prefer MANY others before him even chadwell but this would still be a homerun hire for the state we are in.
I think the vast majority of the Vol Nation would be against his hiring and wouldn't support him if he was hired. Franklin being hired would probably wind up being a football version of Cuonzo Martin most likely.

VN Store

Back