Blocked Flight Leaving Knoxville for State College, Pennsylvania

I just don’t understand why Franklin would want to come here, esp with sanctions headed our way. Penn State is a good gig and he’s from PA.
What I heard is his daughter has sickle cell and one of the best hospitals for her is in Nashville, and he want to move back south

What is wrong with some of you? He is an outstanding coach. Chuck Noll isn't beating our door down and we are going to be on probation more than likely. Considering the circumstances he would be a homerun.
This statement all day from landscape! I've been saying for a week now that it will be someone who is AVAILABLE or willing to come here with this cloud hanging over us. We can't get freaking Nick Saban or anyone else most of delusional VN thinks is coming here. We have a small bucket of coaches to pick from. Danny White is going to pick the guy from that small bucket who he feels most comfortable with for 5-10 yrs! Kiffy not coming, Freeze not coming, Campbell not coming so freaking get over it people! We have a shot with Tony Elliot, Jamey Chadwell, Luke Fickle, PJ Fleck, James Franklin his buyout is high from what I understand. These are the guys of this ilk we can get but no one else. I'm sorry but we're not!

Reactions: jerrync
Franklin's Players loved him, He made Vanderbilt relevant and beat his rival multiple times. Dude is a winner. Can he be a d*ck yep but so can I.
This. I mean I don’t know that you’re a d*ck but that’s all of us so lol

IDK why everyone is getting themselves worked up. You’ve never broken a coaching search scoop chasing planes.

It's driving everyone crazy how tight-lipped this thing has been from our new AD. Nobody on this site knows anything. Just sit back and wait. We'll have a new coach no later than Wednesday.

Hell, I'll take him in a heartbeat. The man knows how to win. Don't care that's he's a douche.

Waaaa he said Fulmer momma wears combat boots during his post Florida victory press conference. Fahr his azz.

I ain't looking for us to hire a preacher.

Last edited:
Good grief. I hate the ******* as much as anyone does but I would take him in a heartbeat. He won AT VANDY and has had PSU a perennial TOP 10 TEAM year in and year out, except this messed up year. It's been proven he did nothing wrong at Vandy so don't start that Moral high ground crap. He wins. We need that. 1000x better than another freaking coordinator who has never been a head coach.

What? Date the guy? I’m talking about the “he lied about the rape video” link everyone keeps sharing to try and prove he’s a scumbag. But if you read the story, the article actually paints Franklin in a positive light.
Here we go again , morality police , mob rule

Reactions: Volnidas
F integrity.
We need to win, the next coach can be the integrity guy once we are back.
I get it to a certain extent. I can take a little bit of scumminess. I'm not above that. Freeze, Kiffin, Petrino... That's fine.

Rape, child molestation... Those are my limits. We're all different. That's where I'm at, though.

VN Store

Back