Better pay heupel

All that sounds sweet, if you're wearing blinders.

When another program makes him a serious offer... Knoxville will be just another town, he will still love his AD and friend but it will be a long-distance love affair.

Yall are silly to try and underpay him because it is so special here...all college towns are special in their own way. They are even "specialer" when you're getting a big fat paycheck to coach there.

I know of a SEC basketball coach who once told us all coaches want to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because most will reach the day when they are let go. Better pay him. With that said, we have an AD who knows how to handle it.

Reactions: grandjason
Why? What is the benefit by waiting til then?

He ain't going anywhere before then so why rush? Limit 8 months of exposure risk and gain 6 more games of data to make sure it's right. Whenever it happens, it needs to be big and have a huge buyout.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
He ain't going anywhere before then so why rush? Limit 8 months of exposure risk and gain 6 more games of data to make sure it's right. Whenever it happens, it needs to be big and have a huge buyout.
You have 26 games worth of data. What more do you really need. Compared to our last few coaching hires, you could go ahead and name a building after CJH

You have 26 games worth of data. What more do you really need. Compared to our last few coaching hires, you could go ahead and name a building after CJH

If there's a chance if him being poached, I'm 100 percent behind a big raise. I just don't sense that at this time.

If there's a chance if him being poached, I'm 100 percent behind a big raise. I just don't sense that at this time.
He at least needs to be brought up to more of a league average 6-7 million/yr…that’s just fair. I hate these inflated salaries as much as anyone but that’s the world we live in now. Tennessee needs continuity now more than ever.

Look - reasons to not give Heupel credit are done after the Orange Bowl win. Josh lost his "offensive coordinator" to South Florida and did not miss a beat. He lost his Heisman caliber starting qb which supposedly he lucked into as Hooker was already on the squad when he was hired. Well he took the backup guy (that Heupel recruited) who was another talented player transferring as a backup from another school and is on tract to turn him into a Day One draft choice as is Hooker. Vols have the money and need to pay Josh Heupel and his staff ASAP and they will no doubt. Tennessee is one of the richest college football programs and will only improve going forward with the excitement and quality Heupel and Danny White have built.

By my count and using Coach Leach's salary for MissSt, CJH ranks about 11 out of 14 SEC coaches in salary ahead of SCAR, Mizzou and possibly Vandy (undisclosed).

He makes $5 million per season which is what Jimbo gets in about 4 games.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon

Agreed. I get the strong impression he already truly loves Tennessee, and so I believe it would be difficult for him to leave at this point for any reason -- even money. I get the feeling he's already in deeper than that.

200.gif

Reactions: grandjason
Yeah i bet you were pushing for Butch to get a raise and contract extension. How did that work out? Increase his salary to whatever, maybe extend contract a year or so with huge buyout, but don’t put the university on the hook for many years if it goes off the rails.

Heupel needs a raise and extension or we're going to lose him. It's as simple as that.
To who? He got a raise and extension a few games into this season. I’m not saying he’s not deserving to make as much as a Stoops or Kiffin but who has an opening at a school more prestigious than UT right now?

All that sounds sweet, if you're wearing blinders.

When another program makes him a serious offer... Knoxville will be just another town, he will still love his AD and friend but it will be a long-distance love affair.

Yall are silly to try and underpay him because it is so special here...all college towns are special in their own way. They are even "specialer" when you're getting a big fat paycheck to coach there.
Exactly. It's business and money talks
You don't pay a guy under market value and wait till the wolves come sniffing to then up his pay. If you have the money to match them now, you had the money to pay me then..

Yeah i bet you were pushing for Butch to get a raise and contract extension. How did that work out? Increase his salary to whatever, maybe extend contract a year or so with huge buyout, but don’t put the university on the hook for many years if it goes off the rails.
Ok big boy, you play hard ball with this coach and see where it gets this program. When we are again wandering in the wilderness of 5-7 seasons can we send our complaints to you?

Heupel has already done more for UT than most could or would do. I think a little appreciation is warranted

Agreed. I get the strong impression he already truly loves Tennessee, and so I believe it would be difficult for him to leave at this point for any reason -- even money. I get the feeling he's already in deeper than that.
That’s wishful thinking and silly. He has no ties here. I don’t know the numbers but I’m assuming he’s making 4-5 mil which is low for todays standards for a wanted coach. There are most definitely schools out there willing to double that for a hire like coach H. He may love this job. Who wouldn’t? The resources and fan base are second to none. But don’t kid yourself, they work for the same reasons we all do. I’d love to build legos for a living but turns out it doesn’t pay well. He’s here to make money. If we don’t provide that opportunity given his resume, someone else will.

Heupel needs a raise and extension or we're going to lose him. It's as simple as that.
We are not going to lose him, it’s simple as that! Folks needs to let our AD handle it. I agree he needs a raise and it’s going to happen when it happens. Heupel and White have a great relationship, Heupel loves it in Knoxville. The best is yet to come!!!!! GBO

Heupel needs to be making 9 mil at minimum…
It’s not even debatable after he out coached Saban, Kelly, and Dabo in the same year with this roster…
It’s unbelievable what he has done in 2 years.
He is the best offensive mind to ever walk on that campus… 💯

VN Store

Back