Better pay heupel

He's not going anywhere. Tennessee isn't a stepping stone program. He'll get his money in due time. The way some of you people are willing to spend money that's not yours is hilarious.

Here, this year, year 2 of one of the biggest smoking craters in coaching change history, Josh Heupel defeated 3 coaches who have coached in 25 college football playoff games in the last 8 or 9 years. All of whom have a much more talented roster per the talent composite. Two were blowouts and away from home. Incredible what the right coach brings to a program.

Here is a novel idea give a base salary say 5 million a year then pay per victory say 250k each win plus 1 million bonus to win sec championship and another 2 million bonus to win national championship. Pay to win then everyone has a reason to win.

Reactions: Gladiator1
Here is a novel idea give a base salary say 5 million a year then pay per victory say 250k each win plus 1 million bonus to win sec championship and another 2 million bonus to win national championship. Pay to win then everyone has a reason to win.

I’m waiting on some school to do this except with higher incentives. Like some desperate school too. 6-7 million per year with like $500k to win division, $1m to win conference, $1m to make playoff, $2m to make natty, $5m to win natty.

Like who wouldn’t pay 15-20 million one time to win a natty if you weren’t guaranteed to be paying that amount every year unless you just won a natty every year.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
I’m waiting on some school to do this except with higher incentives. Like some desperate school too. 6-7 million per year with like $500k to win division, $1m to win conference, $1m to make playoff, $2m to make natty, $5m to win natty.

Like who wouldn’t pay 15-20 million one time to win a natty if you weren’t guaranteed to be paying that amount every year unless you just won a natty every year.
I think it’s a good idea to help keep price down and if you’re not getting paid more it’s on you. Makes them more hungry to get more money.

I love Heupel. UT football is fun again.

Don't forget how the last 2 pay increases went for the program. Butch got paid after back to back 9-win seasons. Fired the next year. Pruitt got paid after the '19 season...and was fired after 2020. With that said, I'd probably pay the man but have it more incentive based. I like what another poster said...$5MM salary and $250K per win or something along those lines.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I think it’s a good idea to help keep price down and if you’re not getting paid more it’s on you. Makes them more hungry to get more money.
tenor.gif

He called out some good teams to put them on notice at the awards ceremony. It was cold and effective. Not just stupid like when Kiffin called out UF when he couldn't back up the talk.
You are correct.

What is amazing to me is that Heupel is accomplishing what Kiffin tried to do and doing it the right way. Kiffin was cutting corners and thugging up the program and still would have not accomplished as much.

Heupel reminds me of Alabama in 2008. They exceeded expectations and you knew where the program was headed. College football has been put on notice.

Last edited:
I dont like the per win...in a perfect world maybe. Think it would eventually affect the locker room and even the staff. Performance based is fine...the finish line. Bump that up over 200k for sure. And may I ask how many of yall work with kids that age? They dont show up at times or just quit. They are always in their feelings. Lets base your pay on just that. South Carolina game is the perfect example.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back