Bad hire

This site should be shut down , you people are pathetic. You are not UT fans

Hope all you negative crazies get ass cancer. Did you really think this would turn over night really?

It takes time , we need jimmies and joes like I have never seen before. Either give Pruitt a couple of years or go cheer for someone else.

And go now

Had we covered on the onside, we’d run, run, pass err turnover so what difference does it make. At least the defense didn’t have to run as far when starting the series.

Two 4th down tries and a ridiculous on-side kick in the SECOND QUARTER....were desperation signals to the team that their coach was out of answers and had essentially thrown his playbook away and given up. A more mature experienced coach would have called the team together...called for calm, not PANIC, and let the boys just go out and play football.
I don't know where you go from here, but this guy isn't showing much coaching. Basic, fundamental football coaching to avoid give-aways would have kept this game a whole lot closer. Fundamentals count, regardless of who your opponent is. Florida sucks. They're not a competitive SEC team any more than we are.
That said, when you HAND THEM 24 points, and your head coach panics and QUITS...not only will you not win...you're going to be embarrassed....A LOT.
Jeremy Banks needs to wake up Monday morning and start looking for another place to play before he gets killed.
I'm willing to give Pruitt a lot of time to recruit and coach his own players and show that despite his own inexperience as head coach, that just maybe he has the makings of becoming a good one so far..I'm not seeing it.
You're saying Jeremy Banks needs to find somewhere else to play but yet willing to give Coach time to recruit his own players? Banks is his guy. Come on man, settle down. Sounds like you're the one quitting on the team.

Reactions: T_Vol376
I am sure Fulmer is surprised. To see how dumb this fan base can actually be.

He probably got a chuckle when he saw fans support him for AD. man said “these idiots still worship me after running the football program into the ground and they haven’t seen anything yet”.

Reactions: FLVOL69
247 Sports has updated their overall team talent rankings for 2018. UT is 14th, right behind Florida. Somewhat surprisingly to me, Ohio State edged out Bama for first. Georgia is 3rd, LSU 6th, Auburn 11th.

So, UT is the 6th most talented SEC team according to this composite:

Team talent rankings

People are worried about being paper champions, and that's why we are where we are.

There is a bit of merit to high rated recruiting classes, but more merit to installing a development system that works and getting the most from those players.

We aren't there yet, and we aren't going to be there until that development system is fully installed and implemented.

We aren't 4 games into the season and people are ready to fold up the tent and head home. That mentality is why are football team is so bad, because the Sapp incident last night proves that there are people around this organization that don't have the fire or testicular fortitude to get us back to where we need to be. They need to GTFO and let the adults who can handle high pressure situations do what needs to be done.

4th down plays were fine, hell of ot wasnt for ole Pope fumbling we would have probably kicked a FG and the onsode kick was PERFECT. Great time for the call, perfect kick, three orange jerseys standing flat footed while the kne florida guy grabs it.
Pope don't fumble that, we have all the momentum and the rest of the game just might play out different. I can't believe we didn't come up with that onside kick. Only thing I could think of was maybe they were waiting for it to go the 10 yards before trying to get it but it was the perfect call. Florida was not at all ready for it.

The advantage is with the offense when it’s 4th and 5 or less in your opponent’s territory. That’s a fact. I have no problem with Pruitt going for it. Don’t think he was “overwhelmed” by the situation. Pretty sure he was in some high stakes situations as the DC at a program that routinely plays for the natty

Perhaps you have not watched this offense. At no time is the advantage with this offense. Perhaps you missed the safety, sack for fumble, etc.

He was overwhelmed. Has never been in the situation of owning it all.

Reactions: tbones0711
We should have went with Shiano or kept Butch..At least Butch Jones teams competed..Worst offesnse in the Country..Same plays over and over..

The sad fact is based on what we've seen so far...we are no better off with Pruitt than we were with Butch. In fact...we are WORSE. Butch never lost to Florida like this. This was a catastrophic debut by Pruitt. Very revealing. Pruitt brought an unprepared, badly coached team to the party today. Even the basic fundamentals are lacking miserably. Pruitt is obviously out of his league...so here we go....AGAIN. Pruitt should be ashamed for presenting the Vol, faithful with this kind of embarrassing, humiliating beatdown. We'd be better off and save a ton of humiliation if we just forfeited the rest of the season. Of course that won't happen in real life...but the beatdowns that are coming are gonna be so humiliating everyone is gonna wish we DID forfeit. This is frightening...and will most likely be unprecedented when it's all said and done.
I honestly wish we could do like uab did a couple years ago. Shut her down, completely wash away the rot of this program. I mean get rid of every player, coach and admin that had anything to do with the football program. Then in 2 years or so just completely start fresh. There is just something rotten to the core about this program right now.

Other schools have had bad starts, therefore we should have a bad start.

Who cares about other schools.

I don't even care to compare situations, because every situation is different.

If we want to compare other schools, let's look at Scott Frost at Nebraska. Frost is largely known in coaching circles as an excellent coach, but is getting his ass handed to him right now at Nebraska.

Would anyone want to speculate why that is? I'm pretty sure its simply because of recruiting the right players for his system and developing them. That's every school though, and there is a reason we are where we are, and that's the biggest reason.

Reactions: John Wick
Not even close.

We have too many overrated Butch 4-stars on this team.

We were a 4-8 team last year for a reason, and recruiting/player development was probably the biggest reason.

Pruitt has had just 9 months or so to try and right the ship, and its just not enough time to do that.

I'm not even upset about last night, because the selling point of early playing time to the recruits in Neyland last night is a no-brainer.
Florida went 4-7 last year.

I honestly wish we could do like uab did a couple years ago. Shut her down, completely wash away the rot of this program. I mean get rid of every player, coach and admin that had anything to do with the football program. Then in 2 years or so just completely start fresh. There is just something rotten to the core about this program right now.

Fans are a big part of the problem.

They think its an overnight fix, but that's not even close to reality. Then whine when things get hard.

We have been fighting this for over a decade, yet are no better off than after the 2008 season.

I could only imagine how many people would have run Majors out of town in this day and age, especially considering how we competed during the first part of his tenure at UT.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Let's look at the results so far for some other newly hired coaches:

Texas A+M - Jimbo Fisher: 2-2 (0-1 SEC)

Nebraska - Scott Frost: 0-3

UCLA - Chip Kelly: 0-3

Florida State - Willie Taggart 2-2 (0-2 ACC)

Arkansas - Chad Morris 1-3 (0-1 SEC)

Arizona - Kevin Sumlin 2-2 (1-0 PAC12)

And one NFL team just because:
Oakland Raiders - Jon Gruden 0-2

4 of the coaches above were high on the list of many people on this site and their results don't look any better than CJP. Remember that most of these postions come open because a team has had some bad seasons. It's not like CJP showed up to a disciplined and loaded team with on field leaders. I think we saw both some good and poor coaching decisions tonight, but I liked that CJP was willing to take some chances (onside kick, 4th down attempts). Pruitt may turn out to be a bad hire, but lets give him some time and hope that once he has his own players on the field we start winning and he's our coach for a long time. Who would want to go through another coaching search? Do you think people will be knocking down the door to come here to be the 5th coach in 10 years? This is going to be another hard year to be a UT fan, but lets not start burning mattresses just yet.

A logical, well stated opinion...

That sh!t don't go around here...

Crucifixion or death?

I rack this one up as a dang good learning experience .... One of many to come! JP knew these type games were coming this year with the talent he aquirec, and the holes he has to fill are becoming obvious. He will plug them. I liked his aggressiveness. Didn't like trying to establish the run when it just wasn't gonna happen.

The reason he was upset was on many of the plays the play would have worked fine, and the players were in position, but dropped passes, missed tackles and assignments, and turned the ball over. The onside kick was a perfect call and like he said in the presser, there was a player supposed to block the player that caught it, but instead tried to catch the ball and didnt cover his man. Both 4th down plays were good calls and one was a drop and one was a fumble after a big gain. Some of the play calling in the game was odd, but thats expected from a first year head coach, but many of the mistakes were just untimely and unlucky misteps by players who had a chance in the play. I dont blame him one bit for going for it. In fact, you could hear the stadium booing everytime they did something conservative like a field goal or punt. We all hated butch for not trying anything but punt and now you all are mad because he went for it and tried to get back in it?

I regret that I have but one like to give this post

Then he shouldn’t be used as an example.
Don’t even try with the excuse makers man, they are the biggest idiots I have ever seen. They have been here spewing their ignorance for 10 years and they have been dead ass wrong for 10 years, yet here they are vehemently spewing it some more. It amazes me honestly.

VN Store

Back