Bad hire

Two 4th down tries and a ridiculous on-side kick in the SECOND QUARTER....were desperation signals to the team that their coach was out of answers and had essentially thrown his playbook away and given up. A more mature experienced coach would have called the team together...called for calm, not PANIC, and let the boys just go out and play football.
I don't know where you go from here, but this guy isn't showing much coaching. Basic, fundamental football coaching to avoid give-aways would have kept this game a whole lot closer. Fundamentals count, regardless of who your opponent is. Florida sucks. They're not a competitive SEC team any more than we are.
That said, when you HAND THEM 24 points, and your head coach panics and QUITS...not only will you not win...you're going to be embarrassed....A LOT.
Jeremy Banks needs to wake up Monday morning and start looking for another place to play before he gets killed.
I'm willing to give Pruitt a lot of time to recruit and coach his own players and show that despite his own inexperience as head coach, that just maybe he has the makings of becoming a good one so far..I'm not seeing it.

Nick Saban kicked an onside kick vs the Vols in year 1. It was brilliant because it worked. Pruitt would have also been brilliant if it worked.

The team was unprepared and overmatched tonight. We, simply put, were not ready for Florida, and that is on the coaching staff. When CJP was hired the base assumed that his previous successes would guarantee excellence here in team prep, player motivation, and flawless gameday execution. However, the rank buffoonery that was on display tonight was an embarrassment to our program that exceeds the worst antics of CBJ or the benign ineptitude of Bill Battle. Nobody expected miracles, but THIS?! I expect Phillip Fulmer was as suprised as most of us are incredulous.
I think coach Fulmer is aware of the lack of talent and lack of attitude which is present on upperclassmen of this football team. Poor habits and poor attitudes of the players inherited from the 3 previous coaches are very difficult to change in one football season. I expect that there will be a few players who will be asked to hit the road and they will be be replaced with players with much improved skills and attitudes. I know that last nights game was one, if not the most, dissatisfying games I have seen at Tennessee and I have been watching Tennessee football since 1946. However, I have seem many times much worse coaching but seldom a gathering of ,what is supposed to be football players, on any Tennessee football team. Many players who are juniors and seniors on this team have fromed habits and attitudes which do not permit a football team to play winning football. These players have to be replaced with new players with better attitudes and playing skills. One can only sign 25 players a year so it will take time to make the necessary changes. I have been impressed with the play of several of the freshmen who are on this team. Let see if the current staff can make the changes.

I am use to getting kicked in the balls. It has been going on for almost ten years now. There are a lot of things going on in this program that are concerning and also we have no leader at the top of Tennessee administration aka dapietro. Then or now. It starts at the top and they do not give a ****. We have been paying buyouts out the ass and it can't be cleaned up in six months.

Two 4th down tries and a ridiculous on-side kick in the SECOND QUARTER....were desperation signals to the team that their coach was out of answers and had essentially thrown his playbook away and given up. A more mature experienced coach would have called the team together...called for calm, not PANIC, and let the boys just go out and play football.
I don't know where you go from here, but this guy isn't showing much coaching. Basic, fundamental football coaching to avoid give-aways would have kept this game a whole lot closer. Fundamentals count, regardless of who your opponent is. Florida sucks. They're not a competitive SEC team any more than we are.
That said, when you HAND THEM 24 points, and your head coach panics and QUITS...not only will you not win...you're going to be embarrassed....A LOT.
Jeremy Banks needs to wake up Monday morning and start looking for another place to play before he gets killed.
I'm willing to give Pruitt a lot of time to recruit and coach his own players and show that despite his own inexperience as head coach, that just maybe he has the makings of becoming a good one so far..I'm not seeing it.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of Pruitt but I'm totally on-board with the 4th down calls and the onside kick. The execution of the plays sucked but the calls were ok.

With regard to the execution of plays....that crap should be fixed at practice. It looks like to me that's where this team suffers from poor coaching.

Our talent is on par with UF.

Not even close.

We have too many overrated Butch 4-stars on this team.

We were a 4-8 team last year for a reason, and recruiting/player development was probably the biggest reason.

Pruitt has had just 9 months or so to try and right the ship, and its just not enough time to do that.

I'm not even upset about last night, because the selling point of early playing time to the recruits in Neyland last night is a no-brainer.

Not even close.

We were a 4-8 team last year for a reason, and recruiting/player development was probably the biggest reason.

Pruitt has had just 9 months or so to try and right the ship, and its just not enough time to do that.

I'm not even upset about last night, because the selling point of early playing time to the recruits in Neyland last night is a no-brainer.
247 Sports has updated their overall team talent rankings for 2018. UT is 14th, right behind Florida. Somewhat surprisingly to me, Ohio State edged out Bama for first. Georgia is 3rd, LSU 6th, Auburn 11th.

So, UT is the 6th most talented SEC team according to this composite:

Team talent rankings

The team was unprepared and overmatched tonight. We, simply put, were not ready for Florida, and that is on the coaching staff. When CJP was hired the base assumed that his previous successes would guarantee excellence here in team prep, player motivation, and flawless gameday execution. However, the rank buffoonery that was on display tonight was an embarrassment to our program that exceeds the worst antics of CBJ or the benign ineptitude of Bill Battle. Nobody expected miracles, but THIS?! I expect Phillip Fulmer was as suprised as most of us are incredulous.

Unprepared sums both this and the WVU game up.

The onside kick was a great call, we had the numbers.

The fourth down calls were a first time HC getting overwhelmed by a situation. The game was not over. Needed to punt and calm things down. Not turn the game into a boat race.

Not even close.

In the effort of righting a ship is one expected to sink it first?

Many in here did not want Tee. Because he didn't have head coaching experience. Did not want Mike Leach. Apparently because he was not a "culture" fit here and some people claimed he didn't represent Tennessee values. Whatever that was supposed to mean. You guys did not want Doeren either.

So here we are with Pruitt. And guess what? We need to support him and give him the time he deserves. I swear some of our fans will never be happy.

9 months and I can't see any difference "coaching" has made. This team is worse than last years.

VN Store

Back