Automobilia etc....

Those Sebring Coupes were excellent cars for the money. They had a poor resale value so the secret was to get one a little used. Let the new car buyer take the hit and then you're golden.

I had a 1997 Sebring convertible and then a 2005 Sebring convertible. Those held their value nicely but I drove 'em well into 100K miles. Loved 'em both
Me too, I had 2 Sebring coupes and I loved them, I got T boned in my 98 and the drivers door was not even compromised on the inside, it was built like a tank,
and my second one, an 03 I drove for 10 years and it had around 169 miles and still drove and rode like a new one. I loved both of my Sebrings.

They were but not so good in the Winter
Lol

I had a brand new 94 GT in Alaska. The snow was finally melting off in April and my wife said she wanted to drive the Mustang that day, so I went to the shop in her Dodge.
About lunch time, she walks into the shop and hands me my keys and told me she would never drive that car again. Apparently, when she was leaving the parking area, she performed a 360 on some packed snow and it scared the chit out of her.

Reactions: Vjcvette
My Dream car, but I do not want
87233_000010488_3jrl9t1_800600.jpg
the high cost of main
87233_000010488_1pdljtx_800600.jpg
tenance that comes with it.....

Best tire and rim cleaner for mud stains on rubber and brake dust and grime on rims?

Best Wheel Cleaners For 2022
  • Meguiar's G180132 Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner : Best Overall.
  • Turtle Wax T-18 All Wheel and Tire Cleaner : Best for Tough Stains.
  • Chemical Guys Diablo Concentrated Wheel Cleaner : Best Concentrated Spray.
  • Car Guys Wheel Cleaner : Best on Custom Wheels.
  • Sonax Wheel Cleaner : Best Premium Spray.

Knoxville locals: any recommendation on a company in the west K/Farragut area that does nice, affordable auto graphics (stripes)?

Best tire and rim cleaner for mud stains on rubber and brake dust and grime on rims?

My secret ingredient for cleaner was Dawn in a bucket, Dawn spray foam and a tire brush. A before and after shot. They hadn't seen love in years.You can zoom in for detail. I still had trouble with the lugnut shafts. You need like a pipe cleaner for those.

Attachments

• 20230228_135408.jpg
    20230228_135408.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230228_135206.jpg
    20230228_135206.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Vjcvette and txbo
Stupid move

So dumb. My parents are 70+ and can figure out carplay.

I get why they do it, but its still wildly stupid. I've thought for years they should just sub it out to the people actually making the technology anyway. People just want something that works, and so many in-house solutions are just junk.

That seems like a really strange way to go.

I admit I don't have much luck with carplay. Hit and miss with me. But I do think what my phone is already doing is far, far superior to what a car will do. if it flakes out, I will cut the car out of the loop every time.

If they offer infotainment as a $5000 option, then I would think a lot of people simply wouldn't take it. I don't want to pay again for things I already have, and I certainly don't want a more immersive not-driving experience. If the car drives itself, and it's not immersive, I do see the benefit of that. I'd go to sleep in a situation like that. I don't need a car that does that, but I'm not gonna knock it.

P.S. We had a Lexus LS430, which had a "highly integrated" nav system with the a/c and the radio. The main screen flaked out and boy did that take a lot of subsystems down in one shot. And there's no benefit to it. It's sad, really. I mailed it to a guy in LA that everybody said could fix it, and he did. Kept it about a month and then emailed me and said "I think I got it send me $800". I sent him $800 and it worked ever since. But I didn't seen any benefit to that sort of integration. Just shortcomings.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back